Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

37 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

Most the pundits are picking KC and based on their Superbowl experience, the respective form in the playoffs and last year's head to head meeting its difficult to see past that. 

What gives me hope is:

1) Chiefs did get blown out by the Bucs when I couldn't see past a Chiefs win. 

2) Niners struggles this year have been against weaker teams when expected to win. The real big games against the Cowboys and Eagles were where the Niners have really excelled and blown them away. 

3) They have a real big chip on their shoulder after that last Superbowl. 

So big win incoming!?! 

The game last year, SF had most of their starting D out - and it was early days for purdy and CMC, so i'd read little into that game.

Also, the ravens didn't really turn up against KC, so i don't know if that reveals much.

I'm optimistic, the niners at their best are unstoppable (as you say like against dallas) - but the nerves have truly kicked in :D

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Awful take 

Don't be daft!

Someone you hate when he plays against you, but you love to bits if he's one of yours?

Someone opposing fans hate and give stick to but they love every minute of it and give it right back?

And a really good player?

What exactly is the difference?

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Looks a right meathead. Don't know what TayTay sees in him. 

Must have a right weapon on him. 

Well I don't honestly get the impression it's likely to be his dazzling intelligence she finds attractive...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BertFill said:

Does anyone else find the way they number superb owls instead of simply labelling them by the year they happen a bit annoying and very unhelpful?

Not really. There's plenty more about it to get annoyed about than some Roman numerals. 

1 minute ago, BertFill said:

Does anyone else find the way they number superb owls instead of simply labelling them by the year they happen a bit annoying and very unhelpful?

They do the same with the Open golf championship. This year is the 152nd Open.

I think it's just to make it sound historic. 

Just now, The Bear said:

Not really. There's plenty more about it to get annoyed about than some Roman numerals. 

Oh, for sure. But it doesn't help me to know when it was, if someone starts going on about 'Superbowl 43' or suchlike. Why not say 2009 or whatever?

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

They do the same with the Open golf championship. This year is the 152nd Open.

They do, but do they do that when talking about the past? Wouldn't people say Lee Trevino won in 1971 rather than give the number of the Open he won?