Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

:@

well, despite getting a weekly mail from the local venues, i have just been on to check and found out that morrsissey is playing in oslo - and it's sold out, balls, must have sold out on the day or something....

:(

The UK tour sold out on the day, even Hull, I believe.

Is he really that popular or is it just the ebay wankers ruining it for everyone? When I saw him at Rock City in 1999 I bought the tickets from the venue about a fortnight before the gig

I feel your pain bro.

Is he really that popular or is it just the ebay wankers ruining it for everyone? When I saw him at Rock City in 1999 I bought the tickets from the venue about a fortnight before the gig

well, i suppose that makes me feel a bit better, i haven't seen him for a loooooong while, perhaps even that same rock city gig? but he puts on such aa good show...

No, it's the touts and "agencies" buying in bulk and then driving up the prices.

The Manchester gig on 22 May (Moz's 50th birthday) was supposedly sold out in 15 minutes of the tickets going on sale. Yet I shopped around on the net a couple of weeks later and got a ticket for £40, only a 20% mark-up on the original price (tickets for the same gig are going for £100+ on other sites).

Whispers are that Johnny Marr may turn up that night. If so, that ticket will be the best bargain I've ever bought. :cool:

well, i suppose that makes me feel a bit better, i haven't seen him for a loooooong while, perhaps even that same rock city gig? but he puts on such aa good show...

I was also at that gig. Can't believe it was nearly TEN YEARS ago.. :o

It was well worth attending, even if it meant I had to kip for the night at Snottingham train station..

Edited by Ultra

Seeing Morrissey in Hull in May. :cool: This will be my first time, despite being a huge fan since forever. Would have preferred the historic Borough Hall at the Headland in Hartlepool, but even that sold out asap.

Looking forward to Belle & Sebastian doing something this year too, hopefully.

Seeing Morrissey in Hull in May. :cool: This will be my first time, despite being a huge fan since forever. Would have preferred the historic Borough Hall at the Headland in Hartlepool, but even that sold out asap.

Looking forward to Belle & Sebastian doing something this year too, hopefully.

Just a little bit jealous then :cry:

Steven Patrick Morrissey is my absolute hero and I've never seen him live, I need to see him live before either of us die. Cannot believe he is 50 this year, that is mental.

Having seen him twice in 2006 I wasn't quite as bothered this time around - it's a bit different when you've not seen someone before or haven't seen them for AGES.

I do find that if you see a turn quite a few times, although it doesn't get boring, the magic does wear off a bit. The first time I ever saw Morrissey, I was just in complete awe that I was actually seeing my musical hero, and at close quarters too. Although I've enjoyed the shows of his I've been to since, you can never quite recapture that excitement of the first time, so I feel less bad about being too lazy to organise tickets when he plays now

The plan at the moment - festival wise - is:

Latitude

V-Festival (Chelmsford)

Leeds

will possibly be tempted by The Secret Garden Party nearer the time, too.

Would love to get to one of the festivals in Europe too - Exit? - time/funds permitting.

No 'gigs' planned as such. Missed out on Oasis, sadly, but I'm sure I'll go to see the odd 'has been /cringingly mainstream' band at Thetford Forest / Newmarket Racecourse too, seeing as they're so close by to me.

Having seen him twice in 2006 I wasn't quite as bothered this time around - it's a bit different when you've not seen someone before or haven't seen them for AGES.

I do find that if you see a turn quite a few times, although it doesn't get boring, the magic does wear off a bit. The first time I ever saw Morrissey, I was just in complete awe that I was actually seeing my musical hero, and at close quarters too. Although I've enjoyed the shows of his I've been to since, you can never quite recapture that excitement of the first time, so I feel less bad about being too lazy to organise tickets when he plays now

Just once and I would die happy.

this is true - first time i saw brian wilson in concert i sobbed for the first 40 minutes, just couldn't believe it was actually happening, now i've seen him pretty much every year since and, well, no tears...

anyway, has any body heard of any of these bands?

The 2009 schedule so far:

The first 2 are kind of cheating because I played at or will be playing at both of those

March 26 & March 27 is most likely an either or choice (depends on which show is easiest for my friends)

I have tickets for Leeds Festival but not sure how things will work out, I traditionally go there with Mrs Deathside and we bought the 2009 tickets together, however, we have now separated so I'm not sure how this one will work out?

There are plenty more I could add to the list but the others will be decided on nearer to the time...