Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Everyone please look at this!

Below is a short selection of recent successes of teams getting out of the first division.

Nigel Worthington has been in charge at Norwich since January 2001, he gained them promotion in the summer of 2004.

Neil Warnock has been in charge at Sheffield United Since 1999, now look odds on to gain promotion in summer 2006.

Alan Pardew has been in charge at West Ham since 2003, he gained them promotion in summer 2005.

Gary Megson Joined West Brom in march 2000, he got them promoted in the summer of 2004.

Sam Allardyce joined Bolton in 1999, they got promoted in the summer of 2001.

Alan Curbishly joined Charlton in 1991 and got them promoted in 1998 and 2000.

CRAIG LEVEIN HAS BEEN IN CHARGE FOR EXACTLY 11 MONTHS ON THE 29TH OF SEPTEMBER!!!!!!

If this doesn't bring home to people that he needs time then nothing ever will. You all seem to expect a quick fix but it doesn't happen like that. Even the great MON took over a Leicester team that was in the top two of the league for most of the season, plus he didn't have to sell his best player! He actually got given a wad of cash to spend as soon as he joined.

We cannot be responsible for forcing another manager out, we need stability for the club to be able to grow.

Of course, if things get worse and we find ourselves in the bottom three at Christmas then it is time to maybe look at things. But not now!!!!!!! Please support the team the club and the manager as much as you can.

Below is a short selection of recent successes of teams getting out of the first division.

Nigel Worthington has been in charge at Norwich since January 2001, he gained them promotion in the summer of 2004.

Neil Warnock has been in charge at Sheffield United Since 1999, now look odds on to gain promotion in summer 2006.

Alan Pardew has been in charge at West Ham since 2003, he gained them promotion in summer 2005.

Gary Megson Joined West Brom in march 2000, he got them promoted in the summer of 2004.

CRAIG LEVEIN HAS BEEN IN CHARGE FOR EXACTLY 11 MONTHS ON THE 29TH OF SEPTEMBER!!!!!!

If this doesn't bring home to people that he needs time then nothing ever will. You all seem to expect a quick fix but it doesn't happen like that. Even the great MON took over a Leicester team that was in the top two of the league for most of the season, plus he didn't have to sell his best player! He actually got given a wad of cash to spend as soon as he joined.

We cannot be responsible for forcing another manager out, we need stability for the club to be able to grow.

Of course, if things get worse and we find ourselves in the bottom three at Christmas then it is time to maybe look at things. But not now!!!!!!! Please support the team the club and the manager as much as you can.

Spot on

That's the fickle nature of football I'm afraid.

Having said that, whilst I think a lot of people would concede the point that many good, successful managers over the years have taken a while to get going... it has to be kept in mind that often poor managers start poorly too. And then don't get better.

What I'm trying to say here is that Levein's pi ss poor start doesn't mean he's necessarily going to be really successful with us in future. True, it might happen, but to be honest, I don't think it will.. he has too many 'on the pitch' shortcomings.

Babylon, you can possibly think that loosing to QPR and drawing with Brighton is acceptable? I know that Levein has to be given time blah blah blah.

But look at Watford, completely new squad, completely new untested manager, no funds. Where are they? 5th in the table!

I am really loosing faith in Levein, the performances are dire, his team selection is baffling. I'm afraid of every team in the championship now, Coventry and Burnley could well beat us! That shouldn't be the way of thinking. We should be confident going into these games.

He's had nine months to settle in, and a whole pre-season to get things sorted. I personally don't think he's up to the job.

Some of his signings don't seem up to scratch either. He is supposed to be buying players of potential premiership standard.

De Vries? lol

Kisnorbo? Not convinced

Hammond? Not much end product, can you see him scoring 20 goals?

Sylla? Has he ever looked interested?

Johansson? Played in the prem before, looks very good, but I thought we wwere looking for pacy centrebacks. After the sale of Heath, we could have really done with Kenton instead.

Babylon, you can possibly think that loosing to QPR and drawing with Brighton is acceptable

Have I said it is acceptable? He needs to sort things out, but as long as we are not adrift in the bottom three then you have to let him have the time.

I know that Levein has to be given time blah blah blah.

You agree then.

Micky Adams became Leicester City manager on April 8th 2002 and achieved

• Promotion in 2002/3
  • Relegation in 2003/4
  • Stagnation in 2004/5

So what does that say??

• Promotion in 2002/3
  • Relegation in 2003/4
  • Stagnation in 2004/5

So what does that say??

This season has been painful to watch, but CL has revamped the squad, brought the average age down by about 10 yrs, all on lower wages... it'll take time to bed together!!

There was an altercation in F1 after the match, as some guy tried to scuttle out with his 'Levein Out' banner tucked under his jacket... we don't need that kind of fool making the atmosphere any worse, we have to keep getting behind the team.

Albeit seeming a long way off, a few games on the trot and we'll be in the play-off spots.... grasping at straws perhaps, but that's what being a Foxes fan is all about!!

First real post after reading for a while, so greetings to all.

Some good research there, i've tried to dig up abit of shit myself regarding whether each of these managers managed to get better results from their teams after a year. It's quite hard to find out though without writing it all down first and working it out, which quite frankly I can't be arsed to do.

Basically what it boils down to is.......Craig Levein hasn't improved our results and does need to start cracking the whip, having said that he has improved the club in other ways and people shouldn't forget that. What also needs to taken in to consideration is that at present the club aren't going to sack Craig Levein because they believe in him and also it would cost alot of money to get rid of him and after giving him the funds to completely re-build this team it would be suicidal given that a new manager would want to come in and probably do the same. Also, I doubt Craig Levein will hand in his resignation unless it gets really bad and realistically how bad will it get for him to walk? That would mean the fans would have to hound him out and I hated seeing that last season even if I was desperate for Adams to go.

I know it's frustrating watching what's unfolding and us not improving but please try and cast yourselves back to the start of last season and look at the football that was churned out last season. I believe we are in better shape squad wise and stability wise, which means I must believe in what Craig Levein is doing so i'm going to keep on backing him. The fans need to be honest with themselves if we back our manager and players then it's then down to them to do their jobs properly. Doing their jobs properly means for the players they must give 100% and utilise their ability, they must also believe in what the manager is trying to do. For the manager to do his job properly he must stick to his game plan, don't complicate things by playing players out of position, don't chop and change the team unecessarily, pick players on merit not on reputation, be honest with the fans and media regarding every aspect of the job, including performances and most of all motivate your players to get the best out of them.

Keep things simple and quality should provail.

I'm not happy, but I don't see an alternative at the minute. I personally think if things really don't show any signs of improvement after christmas then the club should look at where this club is going under Levein and whether he deserves more time and money next season. Every manager should be given 2 seasons unless they drastically force the club in to a worse position than they were in when they took over. Leicester aren't actually in a worse position than they were when Levein took over so therefore i'd give him atleast this season.

The second half last night is all i've wanted, by and large back to the passing football that we played in the first few games. Get some more width with that kind of football (or at least Sheehan bombing forward down the left, Kisnorbo was too static) and i'll be happy to stick with Levein as long as we're not in deep relegation trouble. I'd be very disappointed if we don't at least match last season's 15th place though.

Welcome to the forums lcfcjkl too :)

Yep i agree. Always thought best we could hope for was play offs this season.Next season is a different story and i would expect quality by then.

Your supporting the wrong team if that's what you expect.

We weren't even quality under MON.

We were a hard working team,with a very influencial manager.

Quality :rolleyes:

It doesn't mean he won't be a success either.

No, it doesn't. But a lot of people are waking sweeping statements that suggest that ALL managers given time go on to be very successful. It's a flawed viewpoint and just is NOT the case. I appreciate that people are clutching at straws and trying to hold on to a bit of hope, but seriously...

No, it doesn't. But a lot of people are waking sweeping statements that suggest that ALL managers given time go on to be very successful. It's a flawed viewpoint and just is NOT the case. I appreciate that people are clutching at straws and trying to hold on to a bit of hope, but seriously...

What people are making sweeping statements that it is guaranteed???? I have never said that.

I have said you need time to see one way or the other, managers that get results instantly are hard to come by.

• Promotion in 2002/3
  • Relegation in 2003/4
  • Stagnation in 2004/5

So what does that say??

Sorry what is your point here D?

Are you saying people who achieve instant success don't always carry it on?

Sorry what is your point here D?

Are you saying people who achieve instant success don't always carry it on?

I think he's just throwing another one in to the mixer pretty fitting considering the style of football Micky Adams used to play.

'Put it in the mixer'

Archived