Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Relegation Counter

Last time people tried this we were relegated by most of them, does it still come out the same?

Going Down :( ; Staying Up :) ; Going Down :( ; Staying Up :) ;Going Down :( ; Staying Up :) ; Going Down :( ; Staying Up :) ; Going Down :( ; Staying Up :) ;

Great thread DavieG. I have it like this-

Team P GD Pts

Plymouth 46 -8 55

Leicester 46 -8 53

Stoke 46 -12 52

Southampton 46 -6 51

Derby 46 -8 48

Hull City 46 -5 44

Sheff Wed 46 -15 39

Brighton 45 -23 38

Millwall 45 -22 35

Crewe 46 -35 26

I still have us to get relegated in 23rd place, 5 points away from safety. When will Tim Davies learn to appoint a manager with Football League management experience?!? Neither of the managers he has appointed have had any, and my predictions show that Kelly will prove every bit as useless as Levein was.

Apropos of nothing, my record in the Foxestalk Prediction League reads: Predictions - 3, Points - 0!

I still have us to get relegated in 23rd place, 5 points away from safety. When will Tim Davies learn to appoint a manager with Football League management experience?!? Neither of the managers he has appointed have had any, and my predictions show that Kelly will prove every bit as useless as Levein was.

Apropos of nothing, my record in the Foxestalk Prediction League reads: Predictions - 3, Points - 0!

Yeh i agree kelly has been absolute crap a total waster, whats the point in getting in a manager that only gets 10 out of 12 points. :mad::mad:

I had:

Team P GD Pts

Plymouth 46 -18 56

Derby 46 -17 55

Leicester 46 -15 54

Hull City 46 -5 53

Southampton 46 -11 53

Sheff Wed 46 -15 50

Stoke 46 -25 49

Brighton 46 -23 45

Millwall 46 -22 39

Crewe 46 -35 33

Which surprised me, I just put in the results I thought were probably right and yet we ended up in 17th place, while I'm actually quite nervous at the moment.

Leicester 46 0 72

Plymouth 46 -8 62

Hull City 46 -5 57

Sheff Wed 46 -15 57

Stoke 46 -9 56

Crewe 46 -29 53

Brighton 46 -19 52

----------------------------

Millwall 46 -17 47

Southampton 46 -20 37

Derby 46 -19 35

I have to say, I was pleasently surprised by that turn of events. :)

Yeh i agree kelly has been absolute crap a total waster, whats the point in getting in a manager that only gets 10 out of 12 points. :mad::mad:

We're not out of the woods yet, Kelly has plenty of challenges yet to face, and not a lot of experience to draw on to help him meet those challenges.

Tim Davies has taken a huge risk gambling on someone with so few games under his belt. The fact is that in the entire history of football practically every nobody caretaker-manager who has been given the gig full time has gone on to cock things up no matter how flattering their early results seemed.

But I'm sure Kelly will be the exception that proves the rule, because appointing a total novice as manager was a masterstroke by Davies. The man's a fůcking genius.

Leicester 46 0 72

Plymouth 46 -8 62

Hull City 46 -5 57

Sheff Wed 46 -15 57

Stoke 46 -9 56

Crewe 46 -29 53

Brighton 46 -19 52

Millwall 46 -17 47

Southampton 46 -20 37

Derby 46 -19 35

You really think crewe will survive :huh::unsure:

Kevin Blackwell at Leeds,

Boothroyd at Watford

Davies at Preston

All seem to be doing a fair job, not to say it's right but it ain't neccessarily wrong especially as most successful 'experienced' managers are already employed. He's no more of a risk then Lee, Pleat, Gregory, et al.

Plymouth 46 -8 53

Leicester 46 -8 51

Southampton 46 -6 50

Hull City 46 -5 48

Derby 46 -8 47

Sheff Wed 46 -15 47

Stoke 46 -12 43

-----------------------------------

Brighton 46 -23 38

Millwall 46 -22 35

Crewe 46 -35 24

Current 3 to go down for me

i've not got us down to pick up many points, but neither the teams below us, an interesting find is the top teams seem to have a lot of us down here still to play, could leave interesting for deciding who goes up

Well it was a choice of keep the arsewipe, or give Rob the chance. He couldnt have done any worse than Levein. He's don the bizzo so far.

We were only left with that choice because of the CE's negligence.

Probably not the right thread to say this, but Tim Davies has made some terrible decisions.

When results started turning against Levein, a long time ago, Davies should have been busting his hump compiling dossiers on all potential replacements. Even though he fully planned on giving Levein as long as possible, contingency plans should have been made much earlier and much better than they actually were. It was a niave and amateurish decision to stick by Levein for so very, very long, but Davies didn't leave himself a lot of choice by doing NOTHING while Levein fůcked our team up match after match.

So now we find ourselves in a relegation battle and having to rely on an untested nobody to lead the fight. All because TD sat on his arse while the club fell apart around him.

Great thread DavieG. I have it like this-

Team P GD Pts

Plymouth 46 -8 55

Leicester 46 -8 53

Stoke 46 -12 52

Southampton 46 -6 51

Derby 46 -8 48

Hull City 46 -5 44

Sheff Wed 46 -15 39

Brighton 45 -23 38

Millwall 45 -22 35

Crewe 46 -35 26

Funnily enough I predicted virtually the same. Then I looked at the results and saw we'd finished above the likes of Southampton, Stoke and Hull and thought "bloody hell, I'm crap at this prediction malarky!". It's kind of reassuring to see that others have us finishing in round about the same position. Whether this is naive optimism remains to be seen...

Team P GD Pts

Plymouth 46 -10 52

Southampton 46 -9 51

Leicester 46 -9 51

Sheff Wed 46 -15 49

Derby 46 -10 46

Stoke 46 -13 46

Hull City 46 -5 41

Millwall 46 -25 40

Brighton 46 -32 40

Crewe 46 -45 27

well thats what I got and I felt I was being quite realistic on that...??? Knock on wood

Probably not the right thread to say this, but Tim Davies has made some terrible decisions.

When results started turning against Levein, a long time ago, Davies should have been busting his hump compiling dossiers on all potential replacements. Even though he fully planned on giving Levein as long as possible, contingency plans should have been made much earlier and much better than they actually were. It was a niave and amateurish decision to stick by Levein for so very, very long, but Davies didn't leave himself a lot of choice by doing NOTHING while Levein fůcked our team up match after match.

So now we find ourselves in a relegation battle and having to rely on an untested nobody to lead the fight. All because TD sat on his arse while the club fell apart around him.

What a miserable sod you are Mr Harpic!

You are right when you say that Tim stuck with Levein for far too long (I voiced this sentiment long before anyone else on this board). But don't look serendipity in the tits! We might just have unearthed something in Mr Kelly so it is in all our interests that the board hang fire at least till the end of the season.

Instead of whining on about the dubious virtues of 'experienced coaches' (usually vey experienced at ripping off clubs, pulling the wool over the fans' eyes and coming up with all sorts of lame excuses for their teams' defeats) show a bit of gratitude.

Remember we were doomed only a month ago.

Team P GD Pts

Southampton 46 -6 65

Leicester 46 -8 51

Stoke 46 -12 50

Derby 46 -8 48

Sheff Wed 46 -15 46

Hull City 46 -5 45

Plymouth 46 -8 44

Millwall 46 -22 38

Crewe 46 -35 35

Brighton 46 -23 34

well thats what i got :thumbup:

Not sure how reliable any predictions really are. This is a league where, with the exception of Reading any team can beat any team. the following are facts though.

1 in the last 10 years no team has survived with less than 46 points.

2. 46 points would give a 30% chance of staying up

3 47 points a 40% chance of staying up

4 48 points a 60% chance of staying up.

5 the most points to go down was 52 by Millwall some 10 years ago. however the last 2 seasons have seen the other 2 occasions when 50 points have not been enough (gillingham got 50 last year and walsall 51 the season before and both went down.

last seasons bottom 3 at the end of feb were as follows

gillingham played 35 34 points

forest played 33 30 points

rotherham played 35 22 points

all 3 went down. gillingham though picked up 16 points from their last 11 games.

to be completely safe we need 53 points but 51 will probably be enough. i would say we need to get at least 10 points from our remaining 6 home games (4 against sides in the top 6) and 6 points from our remaining 6 away game including at least 1 point away at millwall. the next 3 games will tell us a lot more about the side. 5 point is a minimum requirement but we could end up with only 1.

When results started turning against Levein, a long time ago, Davies should have been busting his hump compiling dossiers on all potential replacements. Even though he fully planned on giving Levein as long as possible, contingency plans should have been made much earlier and much better than they actually were. It was a niave and amateurish decision to stick by Levein for so very, very long, but Davies didn't leave himself a lot of choice by doing NOTHING while Levein f?cked our team up match after match.

1.) Davies has always stated the club are constantly monitoring managers progress elsewhere.

2.) With hinsight they did hang on too long. IMO at the time they only waited a couple of games longer than they should.

3) By luck hanging onto him too long allowed him to sign Fryatt.

Stoke 46 -12 52

Leicester 46 -8 51

Southampton 46 -6 50

Plymouth 46 -8 46

Millwall 46 -22 45

Brighton 46 -23 43

Hull City 46 -5 41

Sheff Wed 46 -15 41

Crewe 46 -35 32

Quite surprised with my results!! Happy with our position I have to say, i was quite negative as well. I actually think hull will stay up and brighton will go down. Biggest improvment I had was f'in derby!!!! They seem to have a decent run in to be fair.

Leicester 46 0 72

Plymouth 46 -8 62

Hull City 46 -5 57

Sheff Wed 46 -15 57

Stoke 46 -9 56

Crewe 46 -29 53

Brighton 46 -19 52

Millwall 46 -17 47

Southampton 46 -20 37

Derby 46 -19 35

Excellent stuff! You'll probably find Derby end up with 25 pts as they'll take administration in that situation. :thumbup:

Archived