-
Posts
9,831 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Everything posted by KingsX
-
What a worthy champion. Held his nerve and played brilliantly while most of the field fell to pieces on the back nine.
-
Cifuentes, a 44-year-old Spaniard, will join the Timbers after the club parted ways with Phil Neville in May. Portland returned from the World Cup break Thursday night with an emphatic 5-1 win over the rival Seattle Sounders and sit 11th in the Western Conference, three points below the playoff line with 19 matches left. Cifuentes is set to take the reins upon the receipt of his visa. The Timbers landed on Cifuentes for the permanent job based on his tactical acumen and attacking mentality, sources say. He is a young manager with plenty of experience, having coached Leicester City, QPR and Hammarby, among others. Cifuentes was most recently with Leicester City. The club surprisingly fired him in January when the team was in 14th, but six points off the playoff places. Leicester would go on to win just one of its next 15 matches and were relegated. https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/7447147/2026/07/18/marti-cifuentes-portland-timbers-coach/
-
Anybody else think Team LeBron has overplayed their hand this time? They are hyping his umpteenth free agency as if it was "The Decision" all over again. The podcasts, the advertised "leaks" of absolutely nothing, the appearances by team execs. People are tired of it. There are free agents every summer that fit the description: "one or two teams can afford to pay him, that he could boost into serious contention." Beyond that, this drama is meaningless. Obviously he's a god in Cleveland. I think he's the GOAT and I'd like him to return. But only because I would enjoy the chance to go to a couple games and remember the good times. The team is going nowhere with or without him. At the end of the day, I'm not really bothered.
-
I'm sorry sir, we are out of the foie gras and Chateaubriand ... Instead, may I offer you France beat England in the meaningless consolation, then a medium-rare Obnoxious Yank LIV c*** with a jug of claret?
-
Leeds, Leeds are failing in court again
-
-
-
I read this as "Faeces or E. Coli" and it's pretty much the same question
- 67 replies
-
- 13
-
-
-
England vs Argentina - Weds 15th July - 20.00 (BST)
KingsX replied to StanSP's topic in General Football and Sport
“In the 31 minutes between Anthony Gordon’s opener and Enzo Fernandez’s sensational equalizer, England saw just 12 percent of the ball. They took only nine touches in the attacking third, 165 fewer than their opponents.” hard to believe unless you watched the match! -
England vs Argentina - Weds 15th July - 20.00 (BST)
KingsX replied to StanSP's topic in General Football and Sport
just coaching malpractice. yours were the better side for 60’. And yet from 65’, they never had a chance. Not “second best” — but never had a chance. an inevitable but unnecessary capitulation. -
England vs Argentina - Weds 15th July - 20.00 (BST)
KingsX replied to StanSP's topic in General Football and Sport
And their fans pay thousands to go see a movie they’ve seen 5 times before -
England vs Argentina - Weds 15th July - 20.00 (BST)
KingsX replied to StanSP's topic in General Football and Sport
I got 99 fouls but a shot? ain’t one -
Kane disgusts me. He should disgust you all.
-
Clanger at the worst possible time. This could be what Courtois is remembered for?
-
86 freaking pages and somehow we forget ?
-
that's it for the new world, except for a shaky/shady advance by Argentina.
-
Are you kidding? I've posted that pic on here at least three WCs running. She's probably got sons playing in the Colombian league by now.
-
-
Infantino is perfect for FIFA. A cross between a Swiss banker and an Italian mobster. It's one country, one vote, and he's already secured re-election with the unanimous voting intentions of the African (50-some votes) and other confederations. He's managed to extract almost ten billion $$ out of this extravaganza by preying on the egos and naivete of American officials, who (with the notable exception of the mayor of Chicago ) have agreed to fund nearly all of the billions in staging and security costs from the public purse, while foregoing damn near all the revenue -- going so far as to cover up stadium branding. A lot of that will be distributed to the national football bodies of the third world, and if you don't believe much of that is going straight into the pockets (and Swiss bank accounts) of the connected few , I have a bridge to sell you. Sure, some pitches will be built and some boots purchased. But it's about enriching a few insiders, and it has been for a long, long time. No ****, it is 100% about money and 0% about integrity. What makes you think that will ever change? UEFA is the only countervailing power, and I think we all know useful "Europe" is at coordinating action and projecting power.
-
This is what 11 guys panicking at the same time looks like.
-
Timmy Chestnuts ... from FT reject to superhero with one attempt on goal
-
GI: Always an honor to hear from you, Mr President. I trust our peace prize has an honored place in the oval office. DT: Johnno, I'm a busy man, so listen closely. I hear one of our boys got a red light ticket and is in jail or something. Get that fixed. It would be a shame if I had to deport all the visiting teams. Well, maybe not the Norwegians. Norwegian women are hot. GI: That might not be popular, Mr President. But consider it done. DT: Popularity is for sale. Especially with what you're making off this thing. Hey, is there a soccer Mount Rushmore? There's nobody who has fixed more of these injustices than me, in all of history. And did you get that Trump Spray Tan I had JD send you? You still look like a cave rat on TV.
-
... so said the Northumbrians in 793.
-
