-
Posts
1,145 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Iwebema
-
He was excellent in Sweden, dramatically improving 2 unfancied clubs with no budget. His stint at Aberdeen is a bit hit and miss, he was incredible at the start and they won a trophy and then it went a bit wrong. I think the main thing for me is he is considered a "builder" really gets involved with recruitment and what he needs and he doesnt play possession based football, its much more direct and fast transitions. He wouldn't come without some warnings (2nd half of his stint at aberdeen) but theres alot to like about him and how he could fit in here. Im applying the lets not forget we are in League One tax to being positive about it rather than thinking its a huge coup
-
Is this a bit of a gut feel/what you are hoping for? There's certainly logic to it and I hope you are right! Im also hoping your contact is correct on RM. Id been told the opposite that we have spoken to him and he is the one we want, this was by someone that works at forest so they may have just been rage baiting me as my feeling on Martin are well known haha. Like you say in your previous post, I do feel like RM is inevitable, we have been wanting him for a while, my hope is they are giving Mccaron the choice or at least a large say in it, without him I am 100% convinced we throw everything at Martin. For what its worth I think Martin could get us promoted, but it would be more on the basis it was harder not to, given the squad we would likely have for league one. But then as the standard of the league increases he becomes more exposed. I just want to know now so I can come to terms with it either way, we've got so much to do and little time to waste now.
-
I think this is the key, there isn't a doubt in my mind that Top and Rudkin will want him and will of spoken to him. It could just be lazy links, I was told similar to GLC, I have a family member who works around the Forest Academy who told me, so its definitely not a concrete link that you would put a bet on. But I guess no smoke without fire etc. But yes, if it is true and we are genuinely in advanced talks with him, then it certainly would tell me that the new director is just the fall guy and they are doing what they want. I would find it hard to believe a new Director coming in would pick Martin as the number 1 choice, but like I say you'd bet your house, if left to their own devices Top and Rudkin will be trying to sell him the dream. I actually think Martin will go abroad and turn us down if the rumours of him being spoken to are true. But I guess we just strap ourselves in and hope its either nonsense or nothing more than hes applied and by default under consideration.
-
Im likely the other side of the biases, I have friends who are Rangers fans who think he is the best manager ever haha. But totally appreciate there are alot of red flags. I guess the fact hes been out of work for a bit despite many jobs being open is a red flag. Agree on Chalinor, I worry the job might be "too big for him" in terms of managing the mess, the egos and turning the culture around, but I would be happy to see him given a shot.
-
Thats fair, he also worked well at Rangers, perhaps my brain is linking him to Lampard too much as he was a bit of a laughing stock before Coventry, I wouldn't fully write him off though. All of the above said I am not overly inspired by any of the names there, so I do hope it is a left field appointment.
-
I would probably take Scott Parker, its uninspiring but hed likely take us up and stabilise us a bit. Of the names being batted around I would be ok with Parker Gerrard Challinor Robins Less so Martin, Ferguson or Rowett On the fence about Fuchs or Neil Lennon. I am not sure there is much else out there unless mccarron is given more power and we get a left field candidate
-
That's my point....try and look at it like Wrexham. I am not saying they should but I wonder if its crossing their mind.
-
I wondered if they will be looking for a biggish name, someone that will pull in some global/commercial attention. Rather than someone like Challinor, perhaps Steven Gerrard. As always there arent many leaks but I am getting a bit concerned we are in June now and all I have heard is Russell Martin, I actually dont think it will be him, I think he will try and rebuild his reputation abroad where a fan base may have less preconceptions about him.
-
Suggests he believes we are close to someone, Martin is one of a shortlist but nixon doesn't know who for sure. I personally think we are desperate for him, but I am not sure he will take it. Hes the only name ive been given as being approached about the job, im sure there are a few but hes definitely near the top of our list. Lets hope he says no thanks
-
That would require anyone at the club having a brain cell to share between them. Every decision they make seems to be endless own goal after own goal.
-
You never know with these types of leaks and stories. I was semi reliably told last week we are going in heavy for Russell Martin from someone in the game....ðŸ˜
-
We want to thank the trust and the fans for providing us with this feedback. We take the outputs extremely seriously, as we communicated a few months ago we have restructured the football operations and would encourage the fan base to allow those changes to embed as we believe it will directly address a number of the concerns raised. Now, more than ever is the time for us to come together and unite to achieve our goals. If they respond at all, something generic as this most likely. I still think the survey was valuable, we cant force the club to change under the current dictatorship, but we stand more chance if we keep highlighting and pushing things like this out there, not just for the club to see but media outlets who can expose them, I guarantee they've hated the exposure since relegation across the global media.
-
Just to piggy back this, I said similar, loved it but by the end it felt more like another title winning doc, I get it, but theres a huge gap, the FA cup, relegation, promotions, prem goal record climbing, before leaving, it felt a bit like title and then he left. I still.enjoyed it but it was only half a story or maybe 2/3s
-
As always take these things with a pinch of salt, but my family contact at Forest said he's heard we are going in for Russell Martin again quite heavily. Hardly the most shocking ground breaking rumour. I would be surprised if he would manage in League One tbh, but we seem to always be linked with him and no doubt spoke to him before appointing cifuentes last season.
-
Ex Southampton, granted he didnt lose 9-0...but I know a club..
-
There seems to be a move to a collar from adidas this year so I could see it being similar
-
Running all the Adidas templates through, I would imagine it will be one of the middle 2 on the bottom row. Not sure why it generated the wild kits. I expect it to be just very basic.
-
"I forgot it auto renewed, its done now so I might aswell" A subscription service to misery, how very 2026.
-
No managerial communication since relegation to L1 on 21st April
Iwebema replied to 1972 Fox's topic in Leicester City Forum
Is anybody surprised? Self preservation is paramount for this lot. -
You've got a few more of these to go, it might hit triple figures
-
There are a large group (evidently) that going to the football is just to embedded in their life, they wouldn't know what else to do. I have a group of friends who all renewed and they said what else am I going to do? I do understand those with kids going, I used to love going to the football with my dad regardless of anything that was going on at the club.
-
Turns out spying is the way forward 👀
-
Normally I would say its the 11th May, I wouldn't be overly nervous at this stage, we have a couple of weeks yet...however I think its fair and understandable how nervous and concerned we are with the silence given the history, we have seen there is never a contingency plan, so we shouldn't expect anything extremely quickly. I would say give it a week or 2 if we havent heard anything by the end of next week then I will be worried. That said if we fart around for weeks and appoint a manager who isnt at a club the red flags are there again. If we are being brave and targetting a manager in a job then depending on who they are we will need to wait
