-
Posts
4,583 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by fox_up_north
-
Home and Away Support/Atmosphere
fox_up_north replied to FoxesTalker's topic in Leicester City Forum
Have to say it felt an improvement compared to previous times yesterday. Given how far away I live and other commitments, I only get down a few times a year. I've seen better games with worse atmospheres. Even the anger, particularly boos aimed at Okoli felt like something and there was more a constant hum. -
Alex McCarthy joins on deal to 2028
fox_up_north replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
Absolutely awful. Was in life for both goals and he might as well have been in a different postcode -
I know. We'll see it again on Saturday afternoon.
-
Heard on the radio we looked risky playing out from the back and unsure in defence. Presenters seemed surprised. Business as usual.
-
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
fox_up_north replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
A casual look across wider response from other club's fans, it seems that they think we're a decent to excellent purchase based on size of club, assets, potential growth. Surprises me. -
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
fox_up_north replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
I just don't want some dodgy Dubai bloke. I've worked with some different football clubs at lower levels and I'd much rather something closer to the community that is sustainable than what the last 5 years produced. -
If true that's good but christ how have players in the past been able to get away with it? Clearly a whole culture issue. Most workplaces (and that's what the club is) have behaviour rules and expectations. In teams meetings, we have cameras on, uniform on when around site, no swearing etc.
-
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
fox_up_north replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
The longer this goes on the more I see it being either no one or venture capital asset strippers at the 11th hour of administration -
Does he even live nearby or has he stayed near London?
-
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
fox_up_north replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
Bed sleepy face thought bubble? -
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
fox_up_north replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
Just as a reminder that only 20 teams are in the premier league. It's like investing in a band thinking they'll get onstage at Glastonbury. I'd put aside thoughts of a top flight return and focus more on getting a steadied ship. -
If Stan's numbers are what KP are up against then jesus christ...if we were still Championship and pushing for promotion I could see them maybe making a bigger dent in that £450 million but a League One club just isn't getting anything like that
-
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
fox_up_north replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
Can't Marks Electricals just put in a joint bid with Fame Fashions? -
Oliver Skipp (loaned to Charlton, official)
fox_up_north replied to moore_94's topic in Transfer Talk
Skipp for a few million or even up to 10 million, if shifting Soumare or Hamza, makes sense on paper. I remember reading we'd actually signed him. Just so unnecessary and an absolutely moronic fee. It could have covered 2 half decent players and maybe a good loan. -
Shame to see him go. The fee is the fee. We got several of our best ever players for less than a few million, combined. This window is about getting as much in as possible to service debt and keep us going, with enough to have a positive direction of travel. This fee helps that, nothing more.
-
World Cup Final - Spain Vs. Argentina - Sunday 19th July
fox_up_north replied to Zear0's topic in General Football and Sport
Please cry for me, Argentina -
What do you make of England’s performance in the World Cup?
fox_up_north replied to MPH's topic in General Football and Sport
I expected us to go out against Mexico and we didn't. Anything after that was a bonus. Being top 5 in the world is a great achievement and we're one of only 8 winners. Italy haven't even qualified for years. I sort of view it similar to us finishing 5th in prem. From an outside view, amazing achievement but it's the way we got there that makes me grumble. Losing 2-1 in a hard fought game against Argentina where it took a bit of absolute magic from Messi to win it - fair enough. Conceding free headers when you've got 5 defenders - shocking. -
Russell Martin - Confirmed as First Team Manager
fox_up_north replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
Don't make me get the McCarthy gif -
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
Anyone got any experience of a triathlon or duathlon? Essentially- do I have to lob money at a decent bike for it or will anything with wheels do? -
Having worked in and lived around Yorkshire (West and South) there's definitely a level of exceptionalism to the attitudes there. It's also among Yorkshire staff I've been asked to cut corners the most.
