Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

fox_up_north

Member
  • Posts

    4,583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fox_up_north

  1. Iranian fans now having Visas denied, despite having bought tickets. Tournament hasn't even started. At least they can say the stadiums weren't built with slavery. Genuinely I can see a load of fans getting rounded up, arrested or even shot.
  2. I left this thread expecting Challinor. Come back to Martin. I'm terrified what happens next time I log in.
  3. Does that surprise me but still an absolute disgrace
  4. Would snap your hand off for Challinor
  5. Seen the mad lightning strike rule - if lightning strikes within 8 miles of a game, everything stops for 30 mins. If it strikes again, the counter restarts. Friendly in Texas stopped for 2 hours the other night
  6. Haha. As if they've just gone and banned bringing your own refillable water bottle. No, you must buy $20 bottles in the stadium. No shame. Feel for anyone who booked early for this.
  7. It has and it hasn't. I think the fact that the judge and Sikh community have clearly stated that his "practicing" of the religion was not in line with what is expected and traditionally practiced. However, as an atheist who really has no time for religion, I think it's a good opportunity for education. If only to put hysteria to rest that many Sikhs just have a ceremonial kirpan that wouldn't pop a balloon. Engagement and openness are crucial at times like this. You are right to point out the family's involvement and there would have absolutely been opportunities to step in, by the family. They must take a portion of blame. It doesn't matter if it's your brother or son or mother, if someone you know is amassing weapons you have to report it.
  8. Sadly it seems completely random but also, perversely, well organised. The family will be sentenced for their part in helping. The mother hiding and washed the actual knife. I believe both the brother and father were implicated. Like that Southport killer, there were opportunities and the family will have had an inkling something could happen.
  9. I've seen the transcript. He literally tells the police he's been stabbed and the male officer says he hasn't.
  10. Don't see why those coppers shouldn't face charges on negligence. The fear of being called racist should not overrule your duty. People of all skin types commit crime. Your duty is to prevent loss of life, in the moment. Even IF Harry was the attacker, how does leaving him visibly bleeding help your case against him? I'm sure a defence solicitor would have had a field day with that.
  11. You're not far from me. I used to live near the centre of Stockport, before they redeveloped that new estate. I know people that work with the club and what a transformation. It's a shame they've not quite cracked it for Championship but of the Manchester satellite towns, they're best placed to become an alternative to the City/ United. They might even get actual locals supporting them over City!
  12. Wasn't he Dean Smith's assistant? Club logic - he knows the club
  13. Christ that's shocking. Honestly feel they should have saved this for closer to pre season. Get WC done, show change of direction and have some players available to come down. Do it July when the kids are just finishing and get a load of freebies to the schools.
  14. A friend is going. I think it's double edge sword. Either they did it last week and would have potentially had to block out a route twice in succession (which could be tricky) or they do this and run the risk of looking a bit silly. Winning the title is not a booby prize and they did well to hold off PSG as long as they did. PSG weren't at the races for a couple of reasons, in my head - they same squad had already won it against a better team and WC is around the corner. But the legit Arsenal fans I know are very happy with the season and just baffled with the penalty takers
  15. What was the actual, rough attendance then?
  16. An Arsenal mate has already started
  17. Exactly as I thought - Norf Landan overconfidence and daft run ups. PSG blasting it
  18. Raya isn't good enough to save these and one of them will cock it up. PSG won't even need 5 I don't think
  19. Not sure how Arsenal win this. Don't see them winning on pens. But PSG have huffed and puffed with little to show
  20. Didn't have this going to ET on my bingo card. Enrique must be fuming
  21. Sod it throw Nancy into the mix for a laugh
  22. PSG and game over at half time
  23. Iraola comes with much less baggage I think. Alonso would have been on a hiding to nothing. Liverpool are in this area where they don't need a full rebuild, so there's expectation to win but there is work needed so he needs time.
  24. Lots of shirts out in Manchester though plenty of them moved up this way, anticipating a HS2 back down. Tough luck, lads.
×
×
  • Create New...