Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

fox_up_north

Member
  • Posts

    4,583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fox_up_north

  1. Completely forgot the league was back, as was out with mates. Just get it over with.
  2. It also needs a good chunk of people to do it. The real kicker is tech. We need Europe to step up and make alternatives, even if they're a bit rubbish.
  3. Correct. 5 rounds (9 games) from Sept - May. The difference was that the quality of teams from other countries was much poorer and travel was harder. The league was also 42 games, as opposed to 38. But other teams, such as us, get through 6 games by December and 8 by Feb. If you are a winner you have a total of 13 games, minimum. What they achieved was very good but cannot be compared. Aston Villa winning it this year would be the closest to our league win that another team could get.
  4. 15 miles today. Numerous hills (unavoidable where I live) and took it steady. Probably my slowest average pace for a while but after the midweek issues with my calf, I'm glad I forced myself to relax. Any advice for nutrition on those longer runs?
  5. Given the declining birth rate, it will most likely be unpleasant for my generation (born in 80s and 90s) but I see it as a bottleneck that should hopefully break. I would hope that by about 2060/70, numbers will have started to even out. I'll be at the end of my life and the next lot of old people after me should be fewer in number.
  6. Well we know why the lettuce fits in so well...
  7. Absolute joke
  8. Bloody calf has gone tight. Lefty. I'm stretching but I wonder if it's getting to the point of overuse in the training programme. I might have to dial down midweek runs and just focus on the big ones at weekends.
  9. In all of this, the thing that winds me up most is how a majority of fans are ridiculously defensive of their owners. Admittedly, some have more reason to be so than others. But Newcastle, Forest and a few others need to recognise who their clubs are owned by. Even KP have questionable ties and practices in Thailand.
  10. He's not going anywhere. The higher ups can stomach one managerial change but not 2 in a season. They probably know this is a very slow car crash into the wall of relegation so no point avoiding it. Maybe they think just take the EPL money, let contracts lapse and then kid themselves that was the plan all along.
  11. "Hiya mate, remember how you had kind words after you knocked us out the cup? Fancy a job?"
  12. 18 team league would be diabolical. Does that then put 26 teams into leagues below? I think 20 stays as it is because there are some clubs happy of the 3 guaranteed points.
  13. Forget it, Jim, she's dead
  14. We wouldn't even be served up in a Findus lasagne
  15. Bit of both? You could argue Newcastle weren't a "big" club when Howe took over. Moyes (Scottish, admittedly) got United and West Ham. Ironically won a trophy with the little club. Who else is British and been given a monied club? They all want to have instant success and bring in an overseas manager who has achieved it but they don't think "hang on, how did they do it over there?"
  16. I suppose the cheap option is to just tell him he's got to use this time to prepare for Champ. Play the players who are staying and get them ready. He may hate that and walk, or he may do a good job and at least instil some kind of passion. If he doesn't, then you just get rid, in the knowledge that he wouldn't follow instructions.
  17. I always want us to do as best as we can and that could mean scraping 17th on the final day, but we know that's a very unrealistic prospect. I actually don't see them selling while we're anywhere near top flight. There may be an arrogance/ blind optimism that we'll come back up. I think it would genuinely take a few years mid table championship to sell. Quite why they haven't done it while they can make a profit on it baffles me but then they've never been good at pulling the trigger at the right time.
  18. All this tells me is we're still more relevant than Newcastle
  19. Wayhay! Not 20th!
  20. It's Scatman's World and we're all just living in it
  21. They take 20% commission, so you could get £140 for standing around talking about City for 10 hours. Not sure if that's a win.
  22. There's also the argument that PSG have to expend less effort in their league than Liverpool do over here, which I agree with.
  23. The way I see it, the clappers are like stabilisers for people learning to clap.
×
×
  • Create New...