-
Posts
4,583 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by fox_up_north
-
Omg I don't care. Pre match with the manager, post match with the manager, end of.
-
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
Just had to give some absolute plank in the park hell for allowing his little french bulldog to run at me FOUR times. "It's just a puppy". Nearly tripped over it and did my ankle. -
Bilal El Khannouss joins - Official
fox_up_north replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
It's a good formation for when we play Everton, who have knackered old Ashley Young at LB -
At this point, anyone who denies the impact of man made climate change is being wilfully ignorant. My guess is shame at previous ignorance, fear of the impact or a feeling of helplessness. It's ok to feel those things but not ok to use those feelings to continue being purposefully ignorant of something that IS affecting us now. The more people kick up a fuss and ask "what can I do?" the faster we improve things. They're beyond fixing completely, from what I can see, but not from repairing. Like having a house that leaks a bit in a storm compared to one that falls over in a breeze.
-
He's surrounded by the sound of the city ground
-
I was a bit sly and stuck it on for an hour before people viewed my house
-
The thing to remember is that IF pensions start to collapse, then that's huge societal problems. You're essentially into Mad Max territory. Loads of people will have paid into them for years and won't be happy to see them suddenly disappear.
-
I'm sort of in the "nice" position in that I don't have much family left and I'm the end of the bloodline, so there'll be a house and a good chunk of change coming my way. It's unlikely there'll be care costs to deal with from my remaining parent. My main goal is to just keep having things to do - things to aim for. I'm not a career person. Ideally, I'll travel and do all the things I want before retirement so that when I'm in my 60s, all I have to do is just get up and go to the gym, then eat.
-
Due to circumstances that I'd really not prefer to have transpired, I'll be mortgage free at 35, no kids and no desire to have them. Monthly outgoings totalling about £500-£550 for absolutely everything. My plan is to keep working full time at my current job a few years, until about 40 but also do the things I want. I'm not putting anything off until retirement because, frankly, I'm not convinced I'll live past 60.
-
If that bloody awful Sunderland side of 10 years ago could spend so long in the league, we have the squad to do so!
-
Nope. I'm a week behind. We'll get 3 points from godawful Everton, won't we?
-
This definitely feels like they realise they've cocked up and if we're seeing a manager justify his position, this early, then decision has probably already been made. He wasn't first, second or even third choice. He came because nobody else would. Now we've got wiggle room, he's no longer needed. On one hand, I feel bad for him but he's also had the tools to do a better job. 2 points so far when we could reasonably be expected to be on at least 5.
-
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
Get the blow up done early doors, before the race. My race routine is: Walk First lot of stretches Short sprints to blow up a little Walk Second stretches Last half marathon my heart rate was hovering around 158 all the way around and I was pacing about 8:45 per mile. -
Putin hinting at nuclear weapon use, again. This time trying to convince himself that if Ukraine, a non-nuclear state and the victim of his attack, defends itself then it's actually "a nuclear-supported attack". Honestly, a part of me wants to see him attempt to press the button just so a dozen Russian generals refuse to do it and oust him.
-
Looks like the baddie from Ghostbusters 2 and it all took was Bill Murray and some slime...
-
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
PB half today. 1:55. Very happy with that. Aiming for a marathon next year and would like 4 hours. -
For whatever reason, he doesn't rate him. Been ridiculously consistent for majority of his time here and first choice RB. But Steve knows best.
-
He'll be gone in Jan, surely
-
Absolutely tragic. I have faith one day he returns.
-
Read that as Vardy in goal. Certainly a way to shake things up.
-
The bomb on a ferry plot was done in the Denzel Washington film Deja Vu. It's decent but it...gets a bit weird with technology.
-
"Young" doing a lot of heavy lifting there, Ric. I don't see you making love Weds- Saturday.
-
We've just had multi millionaire Rodri complaining about 2 extra games of football that he gets paid for. Cooper pointing out that we were very, very wrongly the victims of an incorrect goal decision - which led to dropped points - is fine. Maybe this weekend's ref will think about it
-
So the Champions league is on Thursday now as well and there's still the other 2 trophies? Kind of dilutes the spectacle of Europe if every man and his dog can be in it.
