Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

fox_up_north

Member
  • Posts

    4,583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fox_up_north

  1. I'm of the opinion that Banksy, like Robin Hood and Jack the Ripper, isn't one person. Just a name assigned to a collective of people. More likely to capture public imagination if it's one mysterious person than a group of organised individuals. Addendum - see also W. Shakespeare.
  2. Yeah, it's huge. It's basically Manchester, Liverpool and then pick 2 of the London teams. I wasn't a big follower of the EPL when we were out of it and it seems to have gotten once. Genuinely ok with us going back down to being a championship team.
  3. Wolves absolutely not going to be that low
  4. This idea that Top will "come of age" is unrealistic. He's nearly 40. He's not some young upstart. Mark Zuckerberg is 40, for comparison. Bill Gates was 40 when Windows 95 released. Top is a billionaire playboy who should be nowhere near the head of the company.
  5. Why not both?
  6. Glad you're all watching this for me. You are the heroes we don't deserve.
  7. From a logistics and environmental standpoint, it makes sense because we're close by and shipping is less of an issue. Not bothered.
  8. I think I would have had similar expectations of Maresca, once all the points deduction talk started. Instantly it's a black mark against the club and it makes it hard to bring anyone in.
  9. I'm not that bothered. He made his choice. We got a combined £40+ million for him and KDH, who was always going to go. It's more let's laugh at Chelsea than Maresca, for me.
  10. Now look what you've all done
  11. Sod it, these lads want to do something to be proud of their country; don't send them to prison but get them cleaning up the streets and sorting the mess they made. Whilst wearing big bright pink jumpsuits.
  12. Once this is all over, can we actually have a grown up conversation about immigration, culture clashes and integration please? I really hope this doesn't give licence to just point the blame at the twats of the country and continue ignoring an issue that has been a concern for donkey's years.
  13. Oh yeah. He's famous for it. Running. Muscling. Etc. Top lad. Be gutted to see him go.
  14. Is it an unpopular opinion if I genuinely wouldn't be that gutted if a lot of the restaurant/ hospitality industry just sort of collapsed? Having been abroad, recently, enjoying better food and better service - I'm struggling to think of a time that I've actually felt value for money in the UK - certainly since Covid.
  15. A mate of mine is massively into 9/11. Not in a conspiracy sort of way but he went to the memorial last year and it had a profound effect on him, in a way that visiting holocaust museums didn't (I suspect because we're still feeling the impact of 9/11 in real time) One thing he has said is that he feels that is that a lot of the anger and division, currently, stems back to that. I'm inclined to agree. I was about 12 when it happened. I'd grown up in Leicester and visited a fair few other countries, prior. There didn't feel like the level of mistrust and division that there is now.
  16. Note to self - don't do leg day shortly before parkrun day. That said, I did a PB of 26.15 but it isn't QUITE 5k and I absolutely hate them for it. My actual 5k PB is 26.30.
  17. They can spot my torpedo on the radar just fine
  18. I generally squat 80kg at the gym for 4-6 reps. Can I have a bus pass please?
  19. We shouldn't have ever been in this position, to be honest but it does feel doomed from the start. Very different to 10 years ago when we had Nige, the euphoria of triumph after Watford game and a hard working attitude.
  20. A lot of mates I have are just giving up going out for food and I even begrudge getting a coffee out. They just charge a fortune for absolute guff. I get a free coffee each week as a reward with my energy supplier. Honestly, they just stick a cup under a machine and press a button. Wouldn't pay for it.
  21. One thing I will mention is that, mentally, you do sort of adapt your life a little bit to having solar. Not, loads but an example is I now check the weather a lot to see what sunny days are coming. If I've got a wash that needs doing, I might wait a day or so to put it on and match the sun. This is especially useful in Nov-Jan. My "solar window" as I consider it is about March - October. I get a solid 7 months where it pays for itself.
  22. Personally, I prefer Kitchen Gun and Toilet Grenade
  23. The greater good
  24. Those mentioning heatwave are correct that it is a contributing factor and the statement about poorer areas being less green, built on concrete, etc. I did a quick check and the majority of riots/ large scale disorder seem to take place over summer. The link to sports is also a factor.
  25. I mean, if you really want to go to a club whose fans crash mopeds into cars then fair play
×
×
  • Create New...