Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

LCFCJohn

Member
  • Posts

    6,051
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by LCFCJohn

  1. It’s Dave *count Binface* from Clacton now. He changed his loyalties
  2. I mean the article has Hull as a Championship side so not very credible. That aside, he performed well for Sunderland the season before last, scored the winner in the play off final. I’m not sure why we think players who have proven themselves in their development above League 1 are suddenly going to drop down to come to us…
  3. You forgot the annual ‘baby names article day’ meltdown among the same people about the name Mohammad topping the boys list. Of course they don’t want to hear the part where most families call their first son Mohammad even though they usually go by another name and now it is still a small proportion of overall boys born. And that there is no such equivalent on the girls list because there is no such naming tradition within Islam for girls names. Or the meltdown between the same people any time anyone dares to mention the challenges of childcare costs/coverage, responding with ‘no sympathy as it’s your choice to have children’. Of course that’s true but god forbid us younger generation don’t have any kids because of the cost of living now and we get taken over by all the Mohammad’s Special breed they are.
  4. Anyone who watched know how Alves and Page were in the side together? I saw it mentioned Alves was at 10, which I thought it where Page would be. Or did Page play deeper? In which case, is Page and Braybrooke realistic together given experience or lack there of?
  5. £10 million Absolute jokers we are. Never getting that much with a year left. We will do well to get about £3 million!
  6. Many people had written him off after 45 minutes in the cup against Huddersfield. He was on a hiding to nothing after that.
  7. It’s been obviously for months that he is leaving. Also confirms what was strongly suspected that he doesn’t want to sign a new deal. Can’t blame him on either count to be fair.
  8. I’d be delighted with that scenario. But you were being critical of people questioning bringing him in, so it’s just highlighting a very plausible scenario (likely more so that the one you have suggested), which is based on enough evidence of his recent career. This is why people are questioning it. I’m not sure there’s much doubt that a fully fit and motivated Danny Ings could be an asset at this level. But those things coming together aren’t hugely likely. Hopefully he is professional enough to overcome the culture issues in the club. As we have seen a few come through the doors that have been labelled as experienced professionals who have really let themselves down with their attitude/effort levels.
  9. Too many people in denial and too many people in power of an older age who don’t care. Trump and Putin come to mind. Whilst not in power, yes Farage another. You’d think these people would care about their own families future generations even if it wouldn’t personally affect them but no, money over humanity. Then you have all those, normal members of the public like you and I, who are also in denial or lack the intelligence to work it out.
  10. I was just looking at the clip above. If you find something that gives a more positive indication that you can share that will be great 👍🏻 Edit, I can see you posted it as I posted. Looks more positive but we know what VK is like with injuries! And it’s one of those where he might get left out the squad if approaching the criteria and they don’t want to pay it. Probably far from a done deal.
  11. If you based your views on transfers around big names then yes. People ‘turning their noses up’ are actually the opposite to entitled as this seems what you are implying. People would rather see a gem we haven’t necessarily heard of, who will be on low wages, be motivated, stay fit etc. I think Ings is a likeable player, I will give him my backing and support him. But let’s not pretend the concerns raised over this signing aren’t perfectly valid based on the last few years experience of this clubs transfer business. Will you still same the same if he spends 75% of the season out injured, gets paid handsomely as we know he will and scores 2 goals all season?
  12. Why are people saying sale guaranteed next year? It clearly says option and they clearly won’t take up the option. But sounds like his wages will be off the books this season even if £400k doesn’t touch the sides of a season of the amortised fee we still owe. Probably the best we could expect but also reflective of the shambles we are.
  13. Interesting read. I was very active as a child/teenager and a very good cross country runner. I let it go in my 20’s. Uni, starting adult life and work etc. My wife and I started on couch to 5k a couple of years ago. I found the early weeks really easy as I guess I hadn’t fully lost it. The last couple of weeks where you were running solidly for 30 minutes got tough. I had a set back with shin splints that stopped me over the winter before last and then been on and off. I can do a 5k in about 28 minutes but it’s tough at the end. And I am keen to see a difference in heart rate come the end as that will be linked to stamina. But I am struggling to break that barrier into the further distance. I don’t know if it’s motivation or just not the right technique. It’d be interesting to know what you have done as from your own description, it sounds like you came from a position of less strength with running than I am in.
  14. LCFCJohn

    The Weather

    I’m the same in that I really struggled with it even in my 20’s, but the past couple of years, and since being in my 30’s, I’m finding it uncomfortable yes, but bearable and do manage to get to sleep etc. As I say, the concern for others (and wildlife as you say) and just a worry about the direction of this for the future both me more than the here and now. That schools stuff is interesting. I presume this is the context as to why Leicestershire school holidays start a decent bit before most of the country? As a child, I just remember us going on holiday before the rest of the country turned up a week later. Now I live in Yorkshire but my niece and nephew have already finished but the schools around here are in until probably next week I think. I think the long and short of it is, these mid-30’s temperatures aren’t ’just summer’ as some like to claim. It’s a trajectory and a concerning one. The country shouldn’t grind to a halt but we aren’t well equipped for it and we will have to adapt. It’s why I have no time for the ‘1976’ argument as it was a freak one off few weeks at the time and clearly overall, it is worse now. But we do need to adapt to get on with it but denial from people doesn’t help that. Maybe the future will be earlier starting and finishing school/work days. It feels for years now the roads are busier earlier in the mornings and the traditional 9-5 day isn’t that anymore.
  15. Exactly. The fact this extra game comes after the whole Balagun situation is laughably corrupt. Then you have the favours Argentina have had in games, all Argentine officials assigned to France tonight and it’s obviously to see what FIFA are doing.
  16. Conversely, it’s a comfortable final pay day at the spa for him and he spends most of the season on the physios table whilst being paid handsomely. Thats why the meltdown. I think in the Pearson days, these older heads came in and added what you have described. But this current version of Leicester City, I can’t think of any who have. Bobby Reid for example. I feel if he’d come under Pearson, you’d have seen a real pro adding value. But they are being paid far too much, being treated to the high life at Seagrave and can you blame them for not having the hunger? The fear is Ings will be the same.
  17. LCFCJohn

    The Weather

    Exactly, big difference between coping with it and managing and being comfortable and enjoying it. You’re bang on though, the reason it is newsworthy and ironically this thread is even going, is because the vast majority of people are in the not coping or not enjoying or being comfortable at the least categories.
  18. LCFCJohn

    The Weather

    Yeah of course it does help. Hence babies and young kids, elderly and unwell people are the ones mainly negatively affected. My point was, even as someone of a good age who is healthy and physically fit, I think we should be sensitive to those many people in our families, at work and communities who aren’t ok. And my personal view is, people banging on about how much they enjoy this heat and how great it it, or the old ‘stop moaning, it’s summer’ comments are insensitive to that and in many cases, self serving. I acknowledge I may have overreacted to you personally and my annoyance probably comes from the amount of people you do see completely dismissing it.
  19. LCFCJohn

    The Weather

    How? Explain.
  20. LCFCJohn

    The Weather

    Yes I hybrid work between home and office and am managing ok. However, we are having building work done and I feel really sorry for the builders being out in it. I also worry for babies and young kids overheating and having to be sent from nursery. And for elderly and people in poor health. Yes, I’m frustrated it stops being physical active as easy but I not personally suffering. I do however have empathy with all those who are negatively affected by it. Point being, those who say ‘It’s just summer, enjoy it’, it’s BS. The country is not equipped. Our summers are mid-20’s. That’s nice and bearable. Sure we get the odd really hot days but the frequency and extremes are getting tiring and it’ll only get worse.
  21. LCFCJohn

    The Weather

    A lot of nursery’s are sending the young ones home as they are not equipped to keep them all safe.
  22. LCFCJohn

    The Weather

    Proving my point really. You agree it’s not pleasant and that doing anything physical is not possibly. I don’t believe I said people who aren’t active will enjoy it.
  23. LCFCJohn

    The Weather

    Well great for you. I’m in my 30’s and physically fit by the way. I’m not affected by this heat in the sense of being ill or anything. Doesn’t mean it’s not deeply unpleasant and limiting to what you can do. Like I say, if you are sitting around on your arse in it all day, it’s probably fine. If you want to be active and busy, it’s tough.
  24. LCFCJohn

    The Weather

    People saying enjoying it etc are either just on the wind up or if they actually enjoy it, must be f***ing lazy and not get off their arses or go to work.
  25. No change then… I quite likely Ings in the past but even thought he’s never seemed like the kind of player with a poor attitude, with all the injuries, is his heart going to be in it at 34? Just screams of a pay day.
×
×
  • Create New...