-
Posts
2,206 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by CornwallFox
-
I'm just near the end of buying and the house in getting currently has really poor looking fake grass which I plan to rip out literally on day 1 and replace with turf. Going to try to How long did it take you to do that from the start? Did you have to remove much soil and replace it could you work with what you had?
-
You are correct but the same thing happens on left and right. The left shouts racism too quickly. The right has gone down the American route of shouting about "lefties", "socialists", "owning the libs" etc. I don't disagree with your analysis of political discourse, I'm just balancing it with a left wing slant on agreeing the general theme. What I struggle with is that right wing arguments constantly involve refusing to engage with facts, detailed analysis or scientific testing, and prefers "common sense" arguments which are generally nonsense. That said, on the specific subject of immigration, I think the left is in a weak position. That's nothing inherently good or right about immigration. So I'm not sure why it is almost treated like a moral imperative on the left at the moment. Tbh I think it is more a reaction to how the right has been talking about it in recent years. Not everybody on the right, but more and more big personalities. And when you read under the article comments across right wing media the content is frankly shocking. There is a huge problem with outright racism. That isn't to say that's it's racist to be concerned about immigration, or to think it should be lower. imo there clearly is an issue with small boats that needs solving. We're starting to possibly see progress so let's hope that continues. When it comes to legal migration there must be a middle ground that could be found between left and right. And you're right to highlight that language causes a rift that stops us finding these solutions. Both sides need to draw breath but the only real way common ground can be found is to really think deeply about what we need as a country, have an honest discussion about the positives and negatives of immigration, to arrive at the closest to consensus we could reach. As a leftie open to having that discussion, I struggle to see anybody powerful on the right who is up for really analysing the issue for honest debate though, unfortunately. I'm not sure the same could be said about starmar and co, who I suspect would love to be able to have a conversation of this sort.
-
Government backing future British 'defence unicorns' as new contracts awarded to drive innovation - GOV.UK https://share.google/hyZXpGvc1WRl7MDkk Backing small British firms via defense procurement is a good thing I'd say
-
I can't help but think the private sector must be absolutely making bank here. I often think this week public sector projects. You're telling me with that sort of money and government power to legislate away problems they can't build a few train tracks? Shambolic on the government side and I'd love to see where the money went. I always think the same about the multi billion supposed cost of fixing up the palace of Westminster/parliament. I get it's quite big and there's some fiddly work but several billion to fix the wiring, stop leaks and keep the rats out? Don't be ridiculous.
-
As a leftie and labour voter myself, I'm fine with them cutting immigration, I just want to see them talk about it in better language that the right do, and to compliment it with some policies that actually help ordinary people. Spend some money, stop running the country like Tory-lite, stop pretending tight finances lead to a better quality of life.
-
It's ironic, the grief Starmar gets from the right when labour have actually done more to reduce legal and illegal immigration, and deported more failed asylum seekers, than any government in UK history. "The number of asylum seekers living in hotels while waiting for their claims to be processed in the UK has fallen to 20,885 in the 12 months to March 2026. That's down from 30,657 people in December 2025. The peak was about 56,000 in September 2023 under the last Conservative government." Also, BBC News - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cvgzjpd1jjgt UK net migration drops to 171,000 in 2025, lowest since 2012 excluding pandemic - follow live - BBC New Then, Boat crossings last year were 3% up on the year before, but so far this year are 42% down.
-
Won the championship in one attempt at Leicester. Won the club world championship at Chelsea. In both cases the manager before and manager after have all done spectacularly worse jobs with similar groups of players. You're making yourself look really very silly.
-
Two minds on it really. On one hand it does seem a really harsh penalty for what is a pretty minor thing really, doubt they really gained much from it. On the other hand they cheated in the play off semi final so being handed a defeat in that match isn't inappropriate when looked at in that way.
-
I'm pretty sure the west only has any real suspicion of China because of our friendships with the US. Without the US influence we'd be working much more closely with them. Unlike the US they seem to be more confident of themselves - they know their a superpower and don't need to constantly dominate everybody to prove it.
-
That may be true to a degree but research showed that 90% of online pro reform comments were produced by bots. Huge numbers of social media profiles existing for a fortnight before elections, spewing non stop pro reform spiel and lies about other parties, then disappear into the ether. The same happened around Brexit but it's getting more and more sophisticated. Anybody pretending it's across the political spectrum evenly is not being honest with themselves.
-
There's a bot army fighting for reform on social media
-
The media won't support anybody that doesn't want to let things stay the same. Nor will social media that is basically bought and paid for by the same people.
-
There's zero chance surely. They need to re-ticket, with an appeal presumably likely?
-
Issue of the last 40 years. Proceeds of growth are all going to investors and CEOs, not being shared by workers. Fault lies with Thatcher and Reagan.
-
-
-
Why don't we just send better songs? Spaceman would have won if Ukraine hadn't been attacked that year, it's not that we're hated, it's that we continually send awful music.
-
NHS waiting lists fell, boat crossings fell and fastest growth in the g7 despite them to. Outrageous luck how these things all happened about 18 months after policy changes occurred.
-
Best boobs won TBF
-
If my Nan had wheels, she’d have been a bike…
CornwallFox replied to Jakemoore's topic in Leicester City Forum
I suppose I'm blaming the club not him but the overspending he made a comment around the time he left about the club needing to let players leave rather than keeping them trying to get top dollar. I think that's where our issues lie, continually keeping players like Thomas and Choudhury on big contracts instead of selling when we had the chance. -
Mia khalifa An unforgettable career in only 3 months. 😜
