Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

CornwallFox

Member
  • Posts

    2,206
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by CornwallFox

  1. Think our season hangs on whether we can get a decent goalscorer in up top. Think if we rely on Daka we won't make play offs and could end up relatively low down. He's that bad. Wth a decent striker and our current attacking midfield/wing options we should score plenty.
  2. On a beach in Devon last night, washing down a range of seafood, with a bunch of 'pirates' holding their monthly parley nearby.
  3. Let him go, he isn't very good. Didn't we pay something like £18m for him? Which is crazy when you think he was pretty much unheard of in a tiny league.
  4. Surely if it was anything to do with the club or training he'd drive to Seagrave?
  5. Struggling to comprehend that 28 people on this one website don't think it's real. Proper head in the sand stuff. Given the existential nature of the threat, a shame a further 20% don't think it's human caused, despite a wealth of evidence to show it is. Oil money is doing a very good job of muddying the waters, having people churn our the most basic of basic arguments against to convince some. For anybody interested the last IPCC report it is at https://www.ipcc.ch/report/sixth-assessment-report-cycle/
  6. I mean no disrespect to you when I say this, but I hate all the talk of book value these days. And it's kinda pointless. Because it's irrelevant. If you want rid you have to accept you might have to take a loss over the next year, no different to how it was with one time losses pre-PSR. But mainly it's the first thing, football fans guessing book values and trying to pretend they know what the club would or wouldn't accept.... it's sad modern football has come to this.
  7. Less outrageous, more bizarre. The bloke didn't even bother chasing players that have dribbled past him, he's not going to be in any team's top 3 performers.
  8. Had always seemed a relatively safe second choice in cup games when behind schmeical. Some of the errors he made once promoted to number 1 were almost comical in their ridiculousness. Positioning woeful, goals being scored near the centre when he's stood right to one side, zero handling ability. Absolutely shocking period of goalkeeping.
  9. Managers don't buy players, clubs do. Also, if we wanted our new manager to dodge an input, and we already knew who it was going to be, they could still have input.
  10. The midfield looks good but Daka is absolute dog muck. If we go into this season with him as our main striker we won't be getting even playoffs.
  11. I'd say it's more likely that today was payday so doing the termination today means the payout will come at the end of next month.
  12. They've sacked him today but it's when money leaves our accounts that is important - maybe we're paying him that after 1st July.
  13. I'm probably a bit weird but I quite liked the top right one with the sandy gold colour. When do images of the actual real kits usually get released?
  14. I'd like us to sell 90% of the squad and start again so if we could get £5m we should probably take it. Not because he couldn't do a job in the championship but because we just need a reset. That said, I don't like reading disrespect towards him. He's been a great servant to the club. At one point he was an absolute beast in midfield and it's just time and injuries that have reduced his effectiveness.
  15. I don't really see this. The idea that high quality surroundings make you lazy is not really true is it? There are many factors to our downfall, having an incredible training ground isn't one of them.
  16. Those two late season collapses under Rodgers, where we just missed out on champions league, have wrecked everything. It's just been a downhill spiral since then. That big 'what if' when it comes to the impact of covid just when we were flying and on course for top 4 cannot be understated.
  17. My ideal would be Kieran McKenna not getting any premier League interest and us convincing him we're a better long term option than Ipswich. I think he's a brilliant manager with a really good style of football. Admittedly I think there's 0% chance of this happening but if we hadn't landed ourselves in such a financial mess we should be in a position to cherry pick a championship manager.
  18. I often think most managers have one place where their management style, the players they have, the transfers the club makes all just come together in harmony and it just works. But for most managers it might only work like that once in their career - for example Pearson has been solid but never really created anything like he created here anywhere else. I feel like Dyche had that at Burnley and I'm not sure he'll recreate it with his style. So I would prefer us to pick somebody btw and fresh and on the precipice of them having that moment.
×
×
  • Create New...