Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

AjcW

Member
  • Posts

    22,371
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    20

Everything posted by AjcW

  1. I wonder if this seasons memberships won't include a ballot option, given how low the majority of allocations are going to be. Can't think of another reason why they'd delay any member info until after the first game goes on sale. Perhaps just season ticket allocations and then "members" free for all which it'll probably barely ever get to.
  2. Shows the staffing cuts. Strange though, this is basically the accessible home pre season friendly. I'll be going with my daughter for her first game and her school friend and his Dad. Also a couple of others I know bringing kids along or kids who don't necessarily support us. I know it's holidays but I think there will be more wanting to go to this than the club realise, especially with the stupid kick off time for the 'glamour' friendly.
  3. Saka isn’t a Tuchel fan. Saying he’s fit, doing his talking on the pitch, and not backing up Stones defence of Tuchel
  4. Cracking final. Been a bit underwhelming the last few years, this is excellent
  5. He’s class and should have been in the England ODI squad instead of ****ing Mahmood. Deserves all the praise he’s getting.
  6. £20m for Boro. Gibson just consistently knowing his onions over and over again, I would like to see the in the Prem again soon just to see how he’d approach it.
  7. Was thinking that or were trying a narrow diamond out to give all the midfield prospects a chance together.
  8. Worth noting this is their HOME kit.... They have dipped in and out of it being white with a sash throughout their history. But this is the first time since 2008 and before that 1986.
  9. Found out he’s got 2 years to live but Rudkin had offered him a 3 year contract
  10. I don't think he'd be one we see until Spain regardless to be honest, so like I say might just be keeping himself up to speed until then. If he's signing for us I doubt he'd move from Sheffield if he was living there so would make sense if he was back there today.
  11. Have we got a day off today? He might just be doing some extra running somewhere. Is that Sheffield perhaps? It is a bit strange the gap between Percy and him signing though.
  12. Probably just doing some media on being a former player or something isn't he? Surely that's the most likely explanation.
  13. I mean in the simplest terms possible this really is his last chance to get back to where he (and a lot of other managers and pundits) believe he should be. So we may well have got him at the perfect time. It's a mix though isn't it, he needs the club to support him with the right players too otherwise we'll soon get the frustrated post match interviews and throwing people (and fans) under the bus. Apologies @Lesta2014 i've basically lead on from what you've said there
  14. It was a joke linked to the pre season games the other day. Apologies
  15. I think you mean Connor and Alex
  16. Don't worry we've learned a lot about Lommel over the last few months
  17. Assume they're taking the time getting the announcement ready, on current form i'm guessing.... "DANNY"
  18. Thought this might be about the away GK kit to be honest....
  19. Depends if it was done at the same time as him agreeing a deal elsewhere I guess. Doubt he'd agree to anything less than 6 months though so probably at least 500k if not more.
  20. I think his last 2 seasons look significantly different if he hadn't been clung on to in the Premier League by Ipswich. He's clearly a "promoted at best then sold" Championship level player. If he'd dropped back down after promotion I think his last two seasons are double figures too. But for him i'm sure it was an amazing experience making that many appearances in the Premier League.
  21. He actually did the decent thing and hasn't bothered turning up since his holiday
  22. It's nice of the club to pick us all up after last night.
  23. I just think almost everyone you've listed there is Championship minimum. I know we will probably still pay pretty well, but Cirkin, Targett, March, Webster are all top end championship minimum, probably busy sifting through all their offers!
  24. I'd suggest a lot of the subtle changes we've seen in pre season have come from the commercial director. I think it's a disgrace he hasn't been given full control of the marketing department (gone to Tony...) considering he's been a very successful sports marketer all his career. The new signing imagery is much more geared towards creating affinity with supporters to the merchandise, as MC says above, adding club props only helps with that. Getting the players wearing their own clothes (probably what they rocked up in to training) with the new shirts also gives supporters an idea of how the kit might look in every day life on them. I know some of you will be reading this and thinking what a load of bollocks, but it's just buying psychology 101 to be honest.
  25. One of the other things with free agents is there's less desperation these days to get them in the door and get them fit. All the players do summer training with club standard coaches, some of the ones we're after might be half way through a program that matches ours and we're happy for them to join in time for the tour in Spain (which is where most will be anyway....)
×
×
  • Create New...