Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The EU referendum - IN / OUT or Shake it all about.

It does not matter what is negotiated it will be great. And if David tells you that withe the becoming smile of his why should you not believe him?

Are you In or Out ken? Come on we already know you not Cameron's biggest fan.

I don't understand this 'subscribe to all the rules' line. You have to comply with whatever countries standards are to trade with them. The real bonus would be not applying the stupid policies such as the CAP, CFP and EU energy policy throughout our own economy.

Starting to come down on the out sude of the argument. In the week Europe decided to rule that we can't offer reduced rates of VAT for insulating homes so VAT now had to be charged at the 20% instead of the reduced rate of 5%. A stupid ruling which the EU doesn't need to make and whilst they tell us we have to go more green, they stop that process. It's anti business as well.

I just hope that UKIP doesn't lead the Out campaign. It would mean the Out campaign starts on a negative note due to the negative perception of UKIP. Nobody should want UKIP to lead it because it will stifle discussion and ruin the whole democratic process

Starting to come down on the out sude of the argument. In the week Europe decided to rule that we can't offer reduced rates of VAT for insulating homes so VAT now had to be charged at the 20% instead of the reduced rate of 5%. A stupid ruling which the EU doesn't need to make and whilst they tell us we have to go more green, they stop that process. It's anti business as well.

I just hope that UKIP doesn't lead the Out campaign. It would mean the Out campaign starts on a negative note due to the negative perception of UKIP. Nobody should want UKIP to lead it because it will stifle discussion and ruin the whole democratic process

I'd love someone of higher profile than UKIP on the out campaign, the In campaign should be lead by SNP, that would give out a fighting chance. :D

The EU favours corporatism at the moment so I'm not surprised.

I'm more on the out side of the argument.

Most EU members want to further integrate into a "United States of Europe" and we don't.

I was hoping we could send them to Estonia.

I  was more saying I do not know enough about it to make an informed opinion one way or the other so I would abstain leaving the more knowledgeable to make the decision.

I  was more saying I do not know enough about it to make an informed opinion one way or the other so I would abstain leaving the more knowledgeable to make the decision.

You mean DT?  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

David Cameron says ministers must back any EU deal

_83477388_42b3ad91-07c0-4e81-ae0a-2d75ec

David Cameron has suggested he expects all members of the government to back him over any EU deal.

Speaking at the G7 summit in Germany, he said he was confident he could secure sufficient reforms but indicated that ministers who did not support him would have to resign.

The prime minister also said he was taking a "very open-minded view" on the timing of the in/out referendum.

It comes after President Obama declared he wanted Britain to stay in the EU.

The prime minister said: "If you want to be part of the government you have to take the view that we are engaged in an exercise of renegotiation to have a referendum and that will lead to a successful outcome.

"Everyone in government has signed up to the programme set out in the Conservative manifesto."

_83477648_94c09c40-519e-4257-aec7-d05200

Mr Cameron added: "I am carrying out a renegotiation in the national interest to get a result that I believe will be in the national interest. I'm confident I can get that."

He told reporters it was not a "on the one hand, on the other hand approach".

"The government isn't neutral in this. We have a clear view: renegotiate, get a deal that's in Britain's interest and then recommend Britain stays in it."

'Sufficient reforms'

Eurosceptic Conservatives have made it clear they are ready to campaign for an exit vote if the prime minister fails to come up with a package they believe delivers real change.

At least 50 Tory MPs, including former cabinet ministers Owen Paterson and John Redwood, have signed up to the newly-formed Conservatives for Britain group to keep the pressure on ahead of the public vote.

Steve Baker MP, who is co-chair of the group, said he believed some cabinet members would resign over issues surrounding EU membership.

"If we don't get a sovereign Parliament, I would be quite surprised if one or two don't resign, but that really is a matter for them," he told BBC Radio 5 live.

_83477386_83477385.jpg_83477646_98beb5ec-3c14-4ad9-89ca-71d162

It comes after Barack Obama gave the strongest indication yet that Washington wants a Yes vote in the referendum on Britain's membership of the EU.

During talks with the prime minister in Schloss Elmau, he said America was "looking forward" to the UK remaining part of the EU.

He added: "I would note that one of the great values of having the United Kingdom in the European Union is its leadership and strength on a whole host of global challenges, so we very much are looking forward to the United Kingdom staying part of the European Union because we think its influence is positive not just for Europe, but also for the world."

Did he do as I said? Come back wavinga bit of  paper and say he had negotiated a good deal?

I rember about a year ago  when he was told we owed the EU money. He went and had a chay, came back and said he had  pursuaded them to repay. What was though was the rebate we would have got anyway. Thats Newspeak for you.

I expect some will still defend this and find an excuse. Don't misunderstand if it was a Labour MP they would have done the same but it would not be defended so rigiourlesslly because Cameron can do no wrong in some peoples eyes.

I don't think its ridiculous to expect the cabinet to hold a united viewpoint and I'm not an EU nor a Cameron fan.

Is he just meaning the cabinet sounds like he means all Tory MPs

Is he just meaning the cabinet sounds like he means all Tory MPs

I'm pretty sure, I listened to an interview with a guy from conservative for Britain (or whatever they are called) on five live this morning and that's how the message was being interpreted.

I'm pretty sure, I listened to an interview with a guy from conservative for Britain (or whatever they are called) on five live this morning and that's how the message was being interpreted.

"Everyone in government has signed up to the programme set out in the Conservative manifesto."

i would have said every Tory MP has signed up to the Conservative Manifesto. I guess it comes down to what "Everyone in government"  means, the Cabinet or the Tories for me it's the Tories in government.

Would much prefer more integration with Europe. We need their trade. Anti-europe arguments are usually just dumb nationalism, made by people who falsely believe getting rid of the immigrants will have a positive impact on their life. I'd rather live in an outward looking globalised country than an nation still obsessed with insular tribal behaviour. As a largely disconnected little island we need more contact with the outside world, not less.

i would have said every Tory MP has signed up to the Conservative Manifesto. I guess it comes down to what "Everyone in government" means, the Cabinet or the Tories for me it's the Tories in government.

Yeah I can see why there is confusion now. I very much doubt that he would challenge his MPs to quit the party, with such a slim majority, that would be suicidal.

Maybe some of the better political minds on here can help clear it up.

Would much prefer more integration with Europe. We need their trade. Anti-europe arguments are usually just dumb nationalism, made by people who falsely believe getting rid of the immigrants will have a positive impact on their life. I'd rather live in an outward looking globalised country than an nation still obsessed with insular tribal behaviour. As a largely disconnected little island we need more contact with the outside world, not less.

There are plenty of outward thinking globalised countries out their, you are welcome to take up residence. Its your narrow minded, pigeon holing type of response, which has helped escalate the issues that the EU faces in this country. You can't engage in debate without trying to undermine the opposing argument by making it for them.

There are plenty of outward thinking globalised countries out their, you are welcome to take up residence. Its your narrow minded, pigeon holing type of response, which has helped escalate the issues that the EU faces in this country. You can't engage in debate without trying to undermine the opposing argument by making it for them.

I'm not making this argument for them. I'm making an observation about their argument, which appears to me to be about 98% nationalism.

One only needs to travel as far as somewhere like Coalville to see how awful places can become when the English are left alone. Imagine the whole country was like Coalville. It's enough to make me want to throw up.

Archived