Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Elvis Thanks Fans For Support

0,,10274~2735547,00.jpg

Elvis Hammond has sighted the Leicester City fans as a major driving force behind his permanent move to the club.

Hammond has quickly forged a relationship with the Foxes faithful after arriving from Fulham on loan at the start of the season.

His lightning pace and unpredictable trickery have already made him a firm favourite with supporters.

And after signing a three-year deal with the club on transfer deadline day, Hammond confirmed that the Blue Army had helped to sway him into making the vital decision.

He said: "I have heard a few chants from the terraces and that is good. If the fans take to you it helps to build up your confidence. There is nothing worse than the fans hating you. It can make you nervous when you go out onto the pitch. But I'm certainly not getting that feeling off the Leicester supporters.

"The fans pay to be entertained and I try to do that. From the Sheffield United game onwards the supporters have been brilliant to me. It's given me a real boost after being in the background at Fulham for so long. It's cool."

Shows supporting a player and not getting on his back MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE so the people shouting abuse because someone is playing crap, is making things worse, think on!

Rule number one in the professional footballers handbook of how to get off to the right start when you join a new club.

Always mention whenever you get the opportunity how good the fans are at the new club, how much you admire the manager, the bond you have with existing players (citing unimaginative nicknames), how good the training facilities are and how glad you are to have joined. It also helps to express a knowledge of the most recent result, somehow pulling out a positive.

This applies even if leaving a club with great support and facilities and joining you with complete cr ap. You can always rely on the naivety of football fans!

That's not me putting a downer on Elvis though people...

And I'm sure he has been impressed with the support.

It was just so predictable, that's all! :)

It happens all the time, but I think it's genuine in Elvis's case. :thumbup:

You can tell he appreciates the support by him acknowledging the crowd whenever his name is being chanted.

at Crewe when one of there players was crying on the floor and getting treated he was about 20 yards from the side and everyone was chanting " elvis give us a song" and he stuck his thumbs up so he has heard some chants towards him so hes not just 100% consulting the what to say when you join a new club handbook :cool:

I think it's important the fans keep encouraging him. Not getting a real break at Fulham has probably left him thin on real confidence. The fans and the coaches have a big role to play in making sure it's built back up. Potentially the boy's a diamond.

I think it's important the fans keep encouraging him. Not getting a real break at Fulham has probably left him thin on real confidence. The fans and the coaches have a big role to play in making sure it's built back up. Potentially the boy's a diamond.

Then in all probability his statement is genuine - if the crowd are chanting his name and he's aware of it, his confidence will grow, he'll play well and find himself being in the starting XI quite often. And every footballer wants to be in the starting XI as much as possible.

I've not seen him in action much in highlights or anything, but from what I hear on the radio commentary it sounds like he can cause lots of trouble for defences, which is always helpful.

Levein's task as a manager on a tight budget is to find players like Hammond - potential diamonds who can easily be lifted out of other sides for little money. If Hammond plays well and starts scoring, this will be considered a success for Levein. :cool:

• 1 year later...

You'll see I made the comment about liking him before I saw him play.

As soon as I saw him play it was all downhill.

Good name though, so I stand by my desire to like him!

I just can't justify it by turning a blind eye to all his obvious deficiencies like our resident sideboard beer hoarder.

Archived