Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Sell On Clause

25% of 1.5m is 375k, but hell i didnt know of that, and the club hasnt told us. I think if it were true, lcfc would say, because their the FIRST to let us know if they`ve got less than we think.

Still, if we got 1.625m and 1m or 750k if wigan stay up, its still good.

25% of 1.5m is 375k, but hell i didnt know of that, and the club hasnt told us. I think if it were true, lcfc would say, because their the FIRST to let us know if they`ve got less than we think.

Still, if we got 1.625m and 1m or 750k if wigan stay up, its still good.

lol you are being sarcastic right? :huh::mellow:

The club? Tell fans first? :o That'd be a change :rolleyes:

Originally from TommyK on another forum. ;):thumbup:

I was watching Football League Review on sky tonight, and Dave Basset was on. He was talking about the last minute transfers, and Connellys move to Wigan. When he said something like 'Leicester have got a good price, and West Ham will get some of that money too'!!!!

Some of it, how much. :unsure::rolleyes::huh::ph34r::unsure::( <_<

Bassett is responsible for every clause in every contract everywhere. Seriously he has worked for every one of the 92 league clubs and has had contact with most of the players (ooo-err!). He's made more clubs than me and Nick Faldo but together. And I have a serious seal clubbing problem.

I was thinking more along the lines of micky but its all the same lol

Well Bassett was the DoF - Director of all things Farcical (or Director of Football for short) so in all likelyhood he was the root cause of the problem - Micky was probably little more than a puppet during contract negotiations, saying nice things to encourage the players to join then letting Bassett fix the contracts up.

Never did like Bassett, bit of a prat really. :P

There are few managers I dislike as much as David Pleat tho .. I wish he was still at Tottenham, cos I want them to get relegated sooner or later. lol

I cant see us having given them a TWENTY FIVE % clause surely? That would just be silly. But if its in the contract West Ham would be entitled to that money...

Why not? we did give some of our players "get away from here at a stupidly low price" clauses in their contracts the likes of Dickov, Scimeca, Thatcher and Stewart although for some reason nobody came in for the last one!!!! lol

I cant see us having given them a TWENTY FIVE % clause surely? That would just be silly. But if its in the contract West Ham would be entitled to that money...

Nah and Leicester City wouldn't do something a silly as that would they? :rolleyes:

Believe me putting a 25% clause in someone's contract wouldn't be the most stupid thing Leicester City have done, It would be stupid but i've seen Leicester City do more stupuid things.

I for one believe there is a clause in the contract these are my reasons;

Connolly no doubt wanted on in his contact - we gave him one.

It's Leicester City we do stupid things

And Leicester City don't tell the fans the truth (Thats if the club tell the fans anything at all :rolleyes:) Now the club not saying anything could be (a) Because there is nothing to tell or (b) Because as I have explained the club lie to the people who keep the club going - I wish the club woudl remember without us fans there would be no point in football and also without us fans there probably wouldn't even be a club!

Why not? we did give some of our players "get away from here at a stupidly low price" clauses in their contracts the likes of Dickov, Scimeca, Thatcher and Stewart although for some reason nobody came in for the last one!!!! lol

didnt we charge watford 100k for him in the summer, and lol watford said yes lollol

where are they now :(

didnt we charge watford 100k for him in the summer, and lol watford said yes lollol

where are they now :(

BUT.... this also appeared after the first game of the season!!!

JUST like the fans, the manager and the staff, Watford debutant Jordan Stewart was disappointed to have come away from the season-opener at home to Preston with nothing to show.

The left-back held his hand up, in the traditional metaphorical style, after the game to take responsibility for Dickson Etuhu's winner for the visitors.

"I got wrong side of him when were challenging for the ball," admitted one of Adrian Boothroyd's first summer signings.

"He nudged me out of the way too easily - I should have been much stronger. I can do a lot better than that."

lol

Archived