Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cisono

Leicester City 4 - Crystal Palace 0

Academy March On To Three In A Row

City's under 18s continued their 100% start to the season with a 4-0 demolition of Crystal Palace at the Belvoir Drive training ground.

The result takes the Academy side to three consecutive wins and they have yet to concede a goal in the league campaign so far.

Full match report to follow.

CITY: Cisak, Norval, Franklin, Wykes, Lycett ©, Goodwin, Chambers, King, Jailow (Muggleton), Dodds (McKay), Porter.

Another encouraging result which surely acts as another barometer confirming the long term health of this club.

Wonder if Chambers and Dodds were on the mark again and also how good is Cisak that he completes three games without conceding?.

Does anyone know if we have another star in the making?

Another encouraging result which surely acts as another barometer confirming the long term health of this club.

Wonder if Chambers and Dodds were on the mark again and also how good is Cisak that he completes three games without conceding?.

Does anyone know if we have another star in the making?

Ehm, I watched the match, so I should know... but I forgot my sunglasses so I suffered due to the glare (headache).

I think Chambers scored. I didn't notice Dodds much, but that is no reflection on him, as I was sitting at the other end (and didn't know his shirt number until well into the second half)... :blink:

Overall, I was impressed with Levi Porter. Not only did he take (well) all the corners, but he seemed to be everywhere he was needed on the pitch... I questioned what his position actually is?!?!

At least one of the goals followed on from one of his corner kicks.

Our keeper wasn't really tested. He seemed to go meet the ball at the edge of the penalty area (when it was not dangerous, as the defenders were keeping the opponents under guard), so the opponents seldom got close to our goal. Virtually all the action took place either in midfield or in our opponent's penalty area... which is how I like it.

Perhaps our first team should learn from the academy kids :P

[incidentally, Richard Stearman and Jay Smedley were there watching the game too]

After a slow start, Leicester really took a hold of the first half, dominating in the air and when under threat were much more effective at clearing their lines, severely limiting the away team's chances.

The Eagles' goalkeeper had to be alert with 25 minutes on the clock when England youth international Levi Porter struck a low shot from a free kick 20 yards out. Headed for the bottom corner, the strike forced a fine save to push the ball around the post.

Two minutes later Porter turned provider as Louis Dodds (pictured above right) made a great run into the box and with a single touch stroked the ball under the advancing 'keeper to put City a goal up.

On the stroke of half time, Dodds combined with strike partner Alieu Jailow to double Leicester's advantage.

City started the second period as they had left off and it wasn't long before Ashley Chambers burst into the penalty area and skillfully wrong-footed a Palace defender for Leicester's third. Chambers took his shot well, hammering home from eight yards in the 48th minute.

With five minutes of the game remaining substitute Ricky Muggleton made it 4-0 to the Foxes to wrap up the victory. He nipped in at the front post to flick a volley into the back of the net from a corner kick.

The exciting thing is that we have some exciting attacking players come through. Porter, Chambers, Dodds, Muggleton. I dont know much about Alieu Jailow, does anyone? Age, nationality etc... But i do know that he is a worldwide popstar :D

Any information on jailow?

Am i the only one who feels we wont need to buy many players in the future? :)

it's amazing what happens when you actually bother to take an interest in the Acadamy and younger players at the club instead of signing ex-footballers like our previous manager!!

The exciting thing is that we have some exciting attacking players come through. Porter, Chambers, Dodds, Muggleton. I dont know much about Alieu Jailow, does anyone? Age, nationality etc... But i do know that he is a worldwide popstar :D

Any information on jailow?

Exactly, anyone know who this Alieu Jailow is ? :unsure::huh::ph34r::unsure::D;):thumbup:

it's amazing what happens when you actually bother to take an interest in the Acadamy and younger players at the club instead of signing ex-footballers like our previous manager!!

lol

Weve had "promosing" youngsters before, and like ooh tommy wright, within a year they dont materialise like we hope, probably due to management.

I think its fair to say, CL knows the game virtually inside-out, and knows how to pick a player (bar deep freeze i know). What i havnt seen yet, is him making a player better, much better.

sheehan and stearman may spring to mind for a few, but they were good from the start? well atleast they`ve had craigs guidence.

It`ll be interesting to see how gilbert, hamill, hammond, hume (is that the names of a law firm?) and basicly all the players that have arrived since last season, grow in the next months and years.

Two things strike me at present:

a) We suddenly seem to have an abundance of emerging high quality youth talent.

b) They've got a much better chance of being noticed and getting opportunities in this set up than the last.

Certainly whoever runs the Academy team seems to be getting something right. Unbeaten, lots of goals for, no goals against makes better reading than Wilbur Smith.

As for development it is for Craig and the coaches to pinpoint the areas where youngsters need to improve and for the coaches and players themselves to make sure it happens.

Marvellous work when you're surrounded by England Youth standard talent cos you're pretty well certain of success and somehow the emergence of genuine first team players from the youth ranks both adds to the bouyancy of the atmosphere and keeps the senior players on their toes.

Exciting times indeed.

Shame they don't have the highlights on LCFC World, they sound much more exciting than the first team oh and England. ;)

I thought someone was there with some kind of videocamera ...

Surely they could edit some highlights from that?

It`ll be interesting to see how gilbert, hamill, hammond, hume (is that the names of a law firm?) and basicly all the players that have arrived since last season, grow in the next months and years.

Law firm -> ah! That's the connection!!! :P

Chambers and Dodds are lethal at this level. To think Chambo is only 15 is amazing and it's down to him and the coaches to develop him in to the real deal. I wouldn't read too much in to where Chambers is playing, I read somewhere that in youth games the coaches often ask the players to play in almost every outfield position during the season to aid their development and I suppose they could learn a new position. You often find players play in a different position at youth level and change at first team level.

Chambers is clearly a striker and the fact he scores in almost every game he plays means the coaches will be earmarking him for a striking spot in the first team within 2/3 years.

Don't know who that J.Lo is, I can't work out whether he scored or Dodds scored a second. But he got suvbbed after 55 mins, perhaps he had a shocker?

He sounds French

I would still like to see this guy have a go first. ;):thumbup:

0,,10274~2717029,00.gif

Name: 	James Graham
Nationality: 	Scottish
Date of Birth: 	23/04/1987
Height:	5' 10" (178cm)
Weight:	11st 0lbs (69.92kg)
Position: 	Striker

A precise finisher in front of goal, James is frequently on the scoresheet for the Academy under 18s and has also made the step up to reserve team football.

Spotted by a City scout back in 2000 playing for Mount Nod Highway, Graham has already been on target for the second string this season, giving Leicester's reserves the lead in their campaign opener at Portsmouth.

The Coventry-born striker qualifies to play for Scotland and has done so at both under 17 and under 19 levels.

International honours: Scotland U19, U17

Archived