Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Are we an attractive club?

What planet do some of you live on?

I hate Aston Villa but **** a duck they are so much more attractive a proposal than us. 'Just a bit behind Everton', give me strength.

Aston Villa? you mean the club randy lerner is looking to drop at a loss and in the meantime has slashed their transfer budget to virtually nil? That sounds like fun.

Okay darling, Everton is more than 'a bit' ahead of us on many levels, but overall, to a manager looking for a club in England that gap is not quite so impossible. It's not like Everton are going to steal managers away from United, Chelsea etc. Even with a good manager and a big spend last summer, they still ended up 17 points adrift of Champions League football.

They do turn a good profit, but I think our ambition and potential transfer budget over a number of years (speculation, i know) could make us very competitive in a short period of time.  Our competitiveness with the likes of Everton, and other 'upper-mid-table' clubs is, of course, banking heavily on our potential going forward. But all managers consider the long term prospects when looking at a job. 

Could we convince Martinez to leave Everton for us? I doubt it. but that's not exactly what we're debating. The point is, any manager who could be in the running for a job at Everton, could be considered a legitimate target for us.  If Martinez was out of job would he consider us? yeah i think he absolutely would. Just like Moyes and many other managers of that calibre. 

So from a manager's perspective (which I assume this thread is about) I would say we were fairly attractive. Not as attractive as Everton, but near enough to be competitive.

What you do with ducks is your business.

What planet do some of you live on?

I hate Aston Villa but **** a duck they are so much more attractive a proposal than us. 'Just a bit behind Everton', give me strength.

I'd agree with this, but I'd also wait and see who we appoint as our manager. Seen as the best they could attract was Tim ****ing sherwood we might find to outsiders that we are much more of an interesting role compared to going to spend naff all and struggle along to finishing 16th every year Aston villa.

Not that good a proposition, really. Not established in the league and currently in turmoil having just sacked one of the greatest managers in our history after he guided us to safety. Potential replacements will be worried that they'll have no chance of keeping hold of the job.

I don't think the Pearson sacking, as much as I disagree with it, is going to be that damaging to our ability to get new managers. Puzzling to others perhaps, but not terrifying. Considering how quickly managers are dropped at virtually every other club, potential replacements will appreciate that our owners did give Pearson a full season, despite the extended slump in results. How often does that happen?

I think that will affect their opinion more than dismissing Pearson over non-footballing matters.

Aston Villa? you mean the club randy lerner is looking to drop at a loss and in the meantime has slashed their transfer budget to virtually nil? That sounds like fun.

Okay darling, Everton is more than 'a bit' ahead of us on many levels, but overall, to a manager looking for a club in England that gap is not quite so impossible. It's not like Everton are going to steal managers away from United, Chelsea etc. Even with a good manager and a big spend last summer, they still ended up 17 points adrift of Champions League football.

They do turn a good profit, but I think our ambition and potential transfer budget over a number of years (speculation, i know) could make us very competitive in a short period of time.  Our competitiveness with the likes of Everton, and other 'upper-mid-table' clubs is, of course, banking heavily on our potential going forward. But all managers consider the long term prospects when looking at a job. 

Could we convince Martinez to leave Everton for us? I doubt it. but that's not exactly what we're debating. The point is, any manager who could be in the running for a job at Everton, could be considered a legitimate target for us.  If Martinez was out of job would he consider us? yeah i think he absolutely would. Just like Moyes and many other managers of that calibre. 

So from a manager's perspective (which I assume this thread is about) I would say we were fairly attractive. Not as attractive as Everton, but near enough to be competitive.

What you do with ducks is your business.

Just for clarities sake

Loss being a figure arrived at when you take the £62 million he bought it for and minus £150 million he is asking.

Nil being the amount of money between zero and 9.5 million pounds they are about to spend on Idrissa Gueye.

Just for clarities sake

Loss being a figure arrived at when you take the £62 million he bought it for and minus £150 million he is asking.

Nil being the amount of money between zero and 9.5 million pounds they are about to spend on Idrissa Gueye.

Depending on how you look at it. Heavy loss if you count the money he's invested since purchasing that will not be recouped, and especially if he drops the sell price down to 100 million as has been suggested. He's ready to cut his losses, he's not looking to anything more than avoid relegation.

Nil being the net transfer budget. That remains to be seen for this transfer market, but they'll likely be padding out the budget with income from player sales. If Benteke goes they'll have more to spend, but they'll need to just to maintain position.

For years we never thought we were an attractive prospect because we were in the Championship with no money, then once we had money the problem because we were not in the Premier League, once we then got to the Premier League we were not attractive because we hadn't been there a season now we have AND WE ARE STILL UGLY WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO?

For years we never thought we were an attractive prospect because we were in the Championship with no money, then once we had money the problem because we were not in the Premier League, once we then got to the Premier League we were not attractive because we hadn't been there a season now we have AND WE ARE STILL UGLY WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO?

Start frequenting night clubs with dimmer lights and cheaper booze.

Archived