Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Are we an attractive club?

I think you are wrong.

Southampton had just completed their second season back in the Premier League. They had just lost their highly respected Argentinian manager to Spurs. They have one of the best youth systems in the British isles.

We have just sacked a man over his son's role in a racists sex orgy following a miraculous escape from relegation, and have been linked with Steve Cotterill.

They also lost Llallana, Shaw, Lovren, Lambert, Chambers & Pochettino, Who all played a big part in their season before. They also looked like loosing Schnderilin before Koeman signed.

We have reportedly rejected bids for our best players, sacked our manager (he didn't leave), have a good footballing philosophy and a good squad ethic/chemistry. Also, throwing money at Strikers we don't necessarily need but are strengthening because we CAN.

I think the jobs as at least on par, if not, in Leicesters favor?

They also lost Llallana, Shaw, Lovren, Lambert, Chambers & Pochettino, Who all played a big part in their season before. They also looked like loosing Schnderilin before Koeman signed.

We have reportedly rejected bids for our best players, sacked our manager (he didn't leave), have a good footballing philosophy and a good squad ethic/chemistry. Also, throwing money at Strikers we don't necessarily need but are strengthening because we CAN.

I think the jobs as at least on par, if not, in Leicesters favor?

Koeman joined June 14th. Players were sold July 1st. He was joining a side which had finished 14th and then 8th in the league. Granted we have just finished 14th but crucially we don't have that second season of stability or the youth system to entice applicants.

I think Southampton was and is still a 'bigger' job than Leicester.

It's a nicer place than Stoke, Hull, Aston Villa, West Brom, West Ham, Tottenham, Swansea, and probably a bigger fanbase than all of these (though Tottenham perhaps have a bigger one).

Our fans seems quite supportive of anyone new who comes in through the door.

Koeman joined June 14th. Players were sold July 1st. He was joining a side which had finished 14th and then 8th in the league. Granted we have just finished 14th but crucially we don't have that second season of stability or the youth system to entice applicants.

I think Southampton was and is still a 'bigger' job than Leicester.

The players had deals agreed before the season even ended. 

I thought the argument was 'attractive' not the size of the job?

The players had deals agreed before the season even ended. 

I thought the argument was 'attractive' not the size of the job?

It is/was also more attractive. Do well at Southampton and as a player or manager/coach you'll join a top six side.

It is run along the lines of a club on the continent so appeals to coaches rather than managers, it is a great place to build your CV and benefit from their youth and scouting set up which makes you look like a great spotter of players as well as a nurturer of talent. Weirdly player sales (provided they are sold up and not down) can be attractive to managers, we may have to find ourselves a player down in order to become more attractive.

A new manager here has, in my opinion:

1) A good group of players to work with.

2) The opportunity for him, and his backroom team along with the D of F to improve it further.

3) A board who are willing to support those aims with money.

4) A board that for the large part are very patient in their decision making.

5) A good fanbase and full houses each week with good travelling support.

6) Heavily improved facilities that are now at least equivalent to a lot of the clubs around us in the league in terms of finishing position.

7) A club in a very healthy financial state.

Considering these factors, I think its an attractive proposition IMO.

It's a nicer place than Stoke, Hull, Aston Villa, West Brom, West Ham, Tottenham, Swansea, and probably a bigger fanbase than all of these (though Tottenham perhaps have a bigger one).

can never take you seriously again mate 

have you ever been outside of leicestershire ?

A new manager here has, in my opinion:

1) A good group of players to work with.

2) The opportunity for him, and his backroom team along with the D of F to improve it further.

3) A board who are willing to support those aims with money.

4) A board that for the large part are very patient in their decision making.

5) A good fanbase and full houses each week with good travelling support.

6) Heavily improved facilities that are now at least equivalent to a lot of the clubs around us in the league in terms of finishing position.

7) A club in a very healthy financial state.

Considering these factors, I think its an attractive proposition IMO.

Agree with this. Don't agree with people saying a new manager will be put off by the owners being trigger happy. They are anything but imo

Yep, and been to the above places personally.

Apart from the obvious mistakes you have made re fan base size, you do realise that if you are the Spurs manager, you don't have to live in Edmonton and the West Ham boss doesn't have to sojourn on the commercial road??

There are beautiful villages all over england. If its the metropolitan area you want on your doorstep then clearly london has an advantage.

Of course, you may have posted tongue in cheek in which case I've been hooked in

easy answer to you question

Make sure hus actions don't cost the reputation of the club with on and off field events , don't strangle other players on the touchline don't tell fans to **** off and die, make sure your son doesn't do anything in the owners homeland to tarnish clubs growing reputation out there aswel, but yes yes yes we all know what a fantastic job he did in his last 9-10 games hmm mm but I'm sure there is 38 games in a season so when you look at that its actually not that good yes he saved us from relegation but the players had the biggest hand in that, lots of managers will see this as a great opportunity for them with great backing and if you ask any realist NP was lucky to keep his job back in NOV 14, it's time to get over it and move on we are onto offer things now

Got any evidence for this? What makes people think that they can say anything bad that happens is all the manager's fault, and anything positive is all down to the players? You could just as easily argue the complete opposite. The people who use this reasoning must have an irrational dislike for the manager.

Sure, NP lost his cool a few times, but let's not pretend he didn't do a great job where it mattered. 2 promotions as champions, dominating the league each time, and a 14th place finish in the Premiership - our first PL survival campaign in 15 years. He improved our league position by 31 places, and had to completely undo the work of 2 other managers along the way. Let's not kid ourselves that it was all down to the players (that he signed, btw).

Got any evidence for this? What makes people think that they can say anything bad that happens is all the manager's fault, and anything positive is all down to the players? You could just as easily argue the complete opposite. The people who use this reasoning must have an irrational dislike for the manager.

Sure, NP lost his cool a few times, but let's not pretend he didn't do a great job where it mattered. 2 promotions as champions, dominating the league each time, and a 14th place finish in the Premiership - our first PL survival campaign in 15 years. He improved our league position by 31 places, and had to completely undo the work of 2 other managers along the way. Let's not kid ourselves that it was all down to the players (that he signed, btw).

Mate its not even worth bothering. Won't get a reply (I've already tried) as they'll have to admit that their own dislike for NP is clouding any rational thought

Pearson's sacking might take some explaining to the next potential manager, but  I doubt anybody would reject us out of hand based on that. They would at least listen to our offer and at worst ask for some clarification about what happened.

All things considered (finances, set up, history, owners etc), I'd think we're more attractive than Watford, West Brom, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Norwich, Aston Villa, and Sunderland.

Probably on equal terms with Swansea, Crystal Palace, Stoke, and just a bit behind Everton, Southampton, and West Ham.

Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, and Man City are so far above us as to not be competing for the same managers.

In reality we're not competing with that many clubs. So if somebody wants to manage in England, unless they've got a solid reputation like...er, Jurgen Klopp, we're a pretty good proposition.

Pearson's sacking might take some explaining to the next potential manager, but  I doubt anybody would reject us out of hand based on that. They would at least listen to our offer and at worst ask for some clarification about what happened.

All things considered (finances, set up, history, owners etc), I'd think we're more attractive than Watford, West Brom, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Norwich, Aston Villa, and Sunderland.

Probably on equal terms with Swansea, Crystal Palace, Stoke, and just a bit behind Everton, Southampton, and West Ham.

Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, and Man City are so far above us as to not be competing for the same managers.

In reality we're not competing with that many clubs. So if somebody wants to manage in England, unless they've got a solid reputation like...er, Jurgen Klopp, we're a pretty good proposition.

What planet do some of you live on?

I hate Aston Villa but **** a duck they are so much more attractive a proposal than us. 'Just a bit behind Everton', give me strength.

Think we'd be more attractive to new managers if the owners came out and said we sacked Nigel because he was an occasional bellend, so that everyone is aware it's nothing to do with them trying to buy their own team and get involved in the managers job.

Think we'd be more attractive to new managers if the owners came out and said we sacked Nigel because he was an occasional bellend, so that everyone is aware it's nothing to do with them trying to buy their own team and get involved in the managers job.

The thing is,not suggesting it was the sole reason he was sacked, but for some reason the majority of fans seemed to find his behaviour strangely endearing rather than something he should have tried to curb, i could never understand why any of those press conferences or incidents were amusing, they werent in the slighest.

At the moment we are an attractive club for any manager. A successful recent history, owners who aren't afraid to spend and a loyal fanbase. Add to that a decent PL squad. However, I don't think the problem will be attracting a good manager. The issue will be if that manager can deliver for us. Without going on about NP, say whatever you want about him off the field, but he knew how to get the best out of these players and keep them motivated. Even before the West Ham game, the players seemed normal and in good spirits. Possibly his biggest strength was to create that aura of invincibility. A new manager will have to gain the trust and respect of the players, and I don't think a big name would try to do that.

We will get a big name in I think, but genuinely fear we will struggle unless he is given a large amount to invest. 

The thing is,not suggesting it was the sole reason he was sacked, but for some reason the majority of fans seemed to find his behaviour strangely endearing rather than something he should have tried to curb, i could never understand why any of those press conferences or incidents were amusing, they werent in the slighest.

yes but irrelevant of what any fans, or anyone else, thinks, the owners need to come out and say that his "antics" were the main reason he was sacked. that would hopefully mean any new manager would be able to be confident that the owners won't be interfering in his team or dealings.

yes but irrelevant of what any fans, or anyone else, thinks, the owners need to come out and say that his "antics" were the main reason he was sacked. that would hopefully mean any new manager would be able to be confident that the owners won't be interfering in his team or dealings.

Their explanation basically says they found him someone impossible to work with. They might come out and give some more specifics, but if that relationship exists between a boss and employee, the boss doesnt make way.

I don't agree with much of this at all.

I'd say we were probably a slightly more attractive proposition than the three promoted clubs. Probably about level with the likes of WBA, Palace, Sunderland and maybe Stoke and Swansea. We are miles and miles behind the rest.

Not that good a proposition, really. Not established in the league and currently in turmoil having just sacked one of the greatest managers in our history after he guided us to safety. Potential replacements will be worried that they'll have no chance of keeping hold of the job.

If you're referring to Leicester I would argue that it is less attractive than West Ham and Tottenham. London is always going to be more attractive to potential signings.

And there's no "perhaps" about it; Spurs do have a bigger fan base than Leicester.. And let's not have a discussion on this point because we all know it's true.

Archived