Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Are we an attractive club?

I would say the opposite. I think the owners have showed a lot of faith in Pearson, when he could have been sacked at least twice.

- After the terrible losing run in the Watford semi final year

- When 7 points adrift at the bottom of the Premier league

Not mentioning the other off field incidents last season.

I think it would be a very attractive job for a lot of managers.

This I agree with. They've had ample opportunities to pull the trigger and have continued to resist until now. Makes the timing all the more bizarre

The new potential managers will be wondering what they have to do in order not to get sacked.

easy answer to you question

Make sure hus actions don't cost the reputation of the club with on and off field events , don't strangle other players on the touchline don't tell fans to **** off and die, make sure your son doesn't do anything in the owners homeland to tarnish clubs growing reputation out there aswel, but yes yes yes we all know what a fantastic job he did in his last 9-10 games hmm mm but I'm sure there is 38 games in a season so when you look at that its actually not that good yes he saved us from relegation but the players had the biggest hand in that, lots of managers will see this as a great opportunity for them with great backing and if you ask any realist NP was lucky to keep his job back in NOV 14, it's time to get over it and move on we are onto offer things now

Yes, don't forget they stood by Nigel when many were calling for his head. Remember THAT run pre-Watford defeat, that run this season, the strangling, the calling a journalist a ****, ostrich jibes.....yes it came a shock to see him get sacked but I'd imagine other managers would be thinking how on earth he got away with so much....

Im watching the Premier League review of the season on the train on my way up to Leicester now it features several matches and goals and the occasional Nigel Pearson moment 

easy answer to you question

Make sure hus actions don't cost the reputation of the club with on and off field events , don't strangle other players on the touchline don't tell fans to **** off and die, make sure your son doesn't do anything in the owners homeland to tarnish clubs growing reputation out there aswel, but yes yes yes we all know what a fantastic job he did in his last 9-10 games hmm mm but I'm sure there is 38 games in a season so when you look at that its actually not that good yes he saved us from relegation but the players had the biggest hand in that, lots of managers will see this as a great opportunity for them with great backing and if you ask any realist NP was lucky to keep his job back in NOV 14, it's time to get over it and move on we are onto offer things now

So much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin!

Could you just help me out with one thing though please? When things weren't going our way last season, Pearson takes the flack. Fine he's the manager he should bear most of the criticism. So then when we go on an insane run (top 5 in europe i believe ) why do the players get all of the credit considering they took none of the flack from our poor performances? I honestly can't understand this mentality so do reply

I can't see O Neill ever coming back there will always be an excuse because he will be too concerned about failure 2nd time around, at least we would have treated him with more respect than Sunderland did 

I think we are an attractive club, we seem to be a club on the up which would surely attract an ambitious manager who wants to take us forward and not just settle for 17th season in season out. History is irrelevant really, it's about the now and with our potential, stadium expansion, a big fan base ( yes we do have a big fan base, certainly within the top 20 in this country) and ambitious owners I really feel we can only go onwards from here. Sure we will never be Man City or Spurs, but we' can easily emulate the likes of Southampton.

We looked like a fun joke with Pearson / beating Man U

Now he kept us up and we binned him, we just look like a joke.

Thais backed the manager for a long while, Pearson was a long serving manager - think any potential managers will be looking for the same job trust.

So yeah, with the owners happy, money, and prem football, we can seem attractable.

I think it's easy to dismiss how big the premier league is around the world - the top league from the 'home of football' is a big deal. We are on the world stage matches are shown on TV in countless countries.

There seems to be a few that think anyone non English ( potential managers) have no idea who we are .... That's just daft in my opinion it's their job to know who we are ( and all other 'top' clubs ) and how we finished the season would have made people sit up and take notice that's for sure.

The owners also will have a good idea about the game and who is available - and I'm sure they have more than enough resources to advise them what to do next - we are not Newcastle they are not Mike Ashley - they have so far invested a lot of cash into our club and I have no doubt they won't want to throw away their investment so far with a poor appointment.

Any team in the premiership with money to spend, and potential to improve is going to be attractive IMO

The owners are mental.

They have sacked a manager who has done well. Any potential manager will be wondering if the same fate awaits them.

Or ... The potential new manager will, during discussions, ask about why the previous manager was sacked. The board will tell him of their perfectly legitimate and understandable reason (if there is one (as I suspect there is)). And the potential new manager will understand and thus have no worries on that front.

I think it's easy to dismiss how big the premier league is around the world - the top league from the 'home of football' is a big deal. We are on the world stage matches are shown on TV in countless countries.

There seems to be a few that think anyone non English ( potential managers) have no idea who we are .... That's just daft in my opinion it's their job to know who we are ( and all other 'top' clubs ) and how we finished the season would have made people sit up and take notice that's for sure.

The owners also will have a good idea about the game and who is available - and I'm sure they have more than enough resources to advise them what to do next - we are not Newcastle they are not Mike Ashley - they have so far invested a lot of cash into our club and I have no doubt they won't want to throw away their investment so far with a poor appointment.

Any team in the premiership with money to spend, and potential to improve is going to be attractive IMO

Good post

This exactly... of course we are well known... just as other teams in the top flight here, Spain, Italy and Germany would be...

I think we are more attractive than Southampton were last year on the back of selling all their best players...

I tipped Southampton to go down!! So did a lot of people...

I wouldn't mind someone on Koemans level.

I think you are wrong.

Southampton had just completed their second season back in the Premier League. They had just lost their highly respected Argentinian manager to Spurs. They have one of the best youth systems in the British isles.

We have just sacked a man over his son's role in a racists sex orgy following a miraculous escape from relegation, and have been linked with Steve Cotterill.

Archived