Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parsons

For those that have "Connolly 8" on their shirt.......

The cynical side of me (shock horror) thinks that Tim Davies bought a couple of new shirts with 8 Connolly on the back for his kids, now he feels like a prat and wants to get them swapped for free, but he has to do it for everyone (and not just his kids) otherwise there will be an uproar.

Anyway, it's a nice gesture from the club, although from a business point of view they will probably be losing quite a bit of money.

I think this is a stupid idea because it is going to cost the club quite a lot of money, and when people buy shirts and choose to add letters and numbers, it is at their risk incase the player leaves or whatever. Hence why I don't get the name and number on the back of my shirts.

I think this is a stupid idea because it is going to cost the club quite a lot of money, and when people buy shirts and choose to add letters and numbers, it is at their risk incase the player leaves or whatever. Hence why I don't get the name and number on the back of my shirts.

Hence my cynical explanation to this news... :rolleyes:

I agree we will lose a fair bit of money.

I think it's an excellent gesture, I don't see any conflict or 'can of worms' opening up. This is a 'special' case as the season has only just started, the shirts were available very early om and they are only for one year. As for the costs, peanuts when you take into account the cost price of the shirts and lettering, football shirts must have one of the biggest mark ups after petrol. Cheap material, cheap to make, probably in China and minimal marketing costs. you can then pretty much exclude all none match attending foxiles who purchased. It will encourage some doubters to attend a game just so they can get their shirt changed.

A sensible bit of fan/customer relationship building, call it cynical if you like on behalf of the club and boy do they need it.

The club will keep the Connolly shirts and give these to a local or overseas charity.

Maybe that dampens the cynical spirits - they could try and rake some of the money back by selling the shirts at a discount - that'd reclaim some of the costs of replacing the shirts in the first place, but they don't appear to be planning that.

Nice gestures sure help build and maintain a relationship with the fans - and in this case, potentially, the community too.

Erm so does that mean I can have my shirt with Dickov on the the back changed? Because as in the same situation as Craig when Dickov said personally he was going nowhere (Remember Connolly kept quiet on whether he was staying or going it was Tim Davies who said he was going nowhere) I had his name put on my back, so same situation different player - It was a few seasons ago now and they shirt has changed but does it mean I can get my shirt changed?

Didn't think it would...Shame when it happens ain't it Craig? Your lucky your able to change your shirt - Well Done ;)

Shame the club can't be consistant...

There was a notice up where the letter printing area a few month saying it is not the clubs responsibilty - wheres that policy gone?

I'm think the club we're peer pressured into this descision. I thought the club we're still in money trouble? There must be thousands of shirts with connolly on the back, £35 or whatever shirts cost per however many returns theres are plus whatever the name "Connolly - 8" costs (Which i'm guessing is not cheep because Connolly isn't exactly a short name is it?) the club could have saved a fair bit of money if they had not took this descision.

Archived