Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain

I've seen the map for the mission. It looks pretty big, passing through a few smaller areas. Reminds me of mission 6 in that respect. For this reason, I need an uninterrupted 2 hours of time to take my time with it. As soon as you rush through something in the game, it's easy to completely mess it up and it becomes less enjoyable as a result.

I've sunk more time into the side ops because of this. It's easy to do 30 minutes here or there and do a couple of these.

Yes i definitely know what you mean with that. Had some time away from the game as just couldnt sit down for a proper amount of time.

Wont give any details away why but just had the pleasure of going through every one of my 600+ staff and having to move 250 of them.

36% done after 52 hours, thats half the main missions done.....

Did Mission 6 last night. Meh. Was expecting to be blown away by it after some of the hype on here but was nothing new. Turned it off and went back on Batman. I will persevere though as its not like i hate the game. Its a good game but thats all it is. I get annoyed when i get so far in a mission killing people by stealth then there is always 1 bastard you havent tagged who clocks you without realising. Then all hell breaks loose. Graphically though the game is incredible.

Did Mission 6 last night. Meh. Was expecting to be blown away by it after some of the hype on here but was nothing new. Turned it off and went back on Batman. I will persevere though as its not like i hate the game. Its a good game but thats all it is. I get annoyed when i get so far in a mission killing people by stealth then there is always 1 bastard you havent tagged who clocks you without realising. Then all hell breaks loose. Graphically though the game is incredible.

Did you extract D-Dog as a Puppy? In a few missions time, he grows up, and you can take him on missions instead of D-Horse. He marks enemies for you, having him makes stealthing a lot easier and more fun.

For me, I quite enjoy when you get spotted and the shit hits the fan. No fun if you get killed, but if you can get out of it with some crazy sprinting, shooting or chucking of grenades, then it's quite a laugh trying to save the situation. Then again, one of my proudest stealth video game achievements was having a go at a Splinter Cell mission that my housemate spent hours failing on, and completing it with my patented "leg it through the whole level at top speed and never stop" method.

When do all of these annoyingly difficult replay missions start?

Mission 31 is the last of chapter 1. Just finished it, pretty damn epic last 2 missions.

I presume now it's time for the increased difficulty missions. I will report back at the end of the credits.

Edit: choice of 3 missions, 1 new, 1 subsistence and 1 extreme. The intro trailer to chapter 2 has got my interest.

Did you extract D-Dog as a Puppy? In a few missions time, he grows up, and you can take him on missions instead of D-Horse. He marks enemies for you, having him makes stealthing a lot easier and more fun.

For me, I quite enjoy when you get spotted and the shit hits the fan. No fun if you get killed, but if you can get out of it with some crazy sprinting, shooting or chucking of grenades, then it's quite a laugh trying to save the situation. Then again, one of my proudest stealth video game achievements was having a go at a Splinter Cell mission that my housemate spent hours failing on, and completing it with my patented "leg it through the whole level at top speed and never stop" method.

Yea i have got the dog cant wait to use him. Im sure i will begin to enjoy the game more and more as i play it. Story is a bit mental. I really like infiltrating a base and killing as many people as i can without alerting anyone. Really is satisfying. If the dog helps tag people then i know i will use him all the time. Splinter Cell was a great game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived