Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain

First hour or two was a bit weird.

lol

Weird, yes, but presentation is top notch.  I like the idea of the cassette tapes - you can dip in and out of the narrative without sitting through too many cut scenes.  I thought the start of the game was very clever, certainly better than watching eggs frying in a pan.  No doubt it will go full circle by the end of the game.

Whereabouts are you up to now?  I've just visited Mother Base for the first time and have a few options available as to which mission I choose next. 

So i have done a couple of main ops and 3 out of 137? side ops. Overall completion 4% and play time so far 9:50. Loved every minute and have just drove across my first mother base bridge.

Somebody answer me god dammit?

lol

You can read the back story online, save yourself some time, that way you can go straight in to this game.

If you have the time, play Snake Eater first (it's an incredible game) and then Peace Walker.

Simply games are now doing it for £39.85.  They're reliable enough although on my pre-order they did, for the first time, charge me in advance of shipping it out by a few weeks.  I'm tempted to pre-order the Uncharted Drake Collection from them as well - £34.85.

Anyway, back to this fantastic game - the game is fantastic.  Absolutely love it so far.  I've completed all the side ops available up to mission 6 on the main missions, I am guessing more will open up the more I go through the main missions.  I've decided not to go back on the main missions to complete the side quests until I've bettered my gear so I'm mainly coming out with a C or B rating on them.

I'm varying the approach because apparently later into the game the AI will adapt if one method is used more than another (Alien Isolation did the same) so I'm all for a bit of challenge.  Having got used to the controls and old tricks including using the cardboard box at the moment it's easy to play, but loads of fun.  Upgraded binoculars to scout out better personnel and just expanded a few of the platforms.

Looking forward to the first boss fight.  Pity they can't throw in The End somewhere with this version of Metal Gear - it's just about perfect.

I started this last night. Played for about 45 mins as it was getting late. So far so good. Not really done much im still in the first chapter but i wont say anymore. Graphics look stunning so far but ive found myself wondering wtf is going on. The last MGS game i played was MGS 4 so i feel like im missing out by not playing Peace Walker. Gonna have to read up on the story to refresh my memory of whats happened in the old games and what happens in Peace walker.

Just completed mission 6.  Absolutely fantastic.  I spent so long knocking out guards and hunting down all the supplies I could find on the way to the main point of interest, the mission took over 24 hours in game time.

Won't spoil it for others, but the final location was excellently put together.  Superb game design.

So i accidentally killed Quiet, Miller was talking about keeping her alive and my cat jumped up and knocked my controller out of my hand. it landed on R2 and he shot her..... STUPID ****ING CAT!!  :facepalm::cry:  

Archived