Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain

The game has to be taken slowly and patiently for it to be at its best imo. If you're struggling, put it down and try it the next day. Or go back to MB and do some random stuff.

I really want to know what happens to the boss at the end of the game but I'm not rushing to get there.

Haha, trust me rushing to the ending is something you don't want to do

Did anyone else giggle their tits off when using a fulton on a bear for the first time?

Yeah that's the one. Blowing up the tanks is the easy bit, it's saving the hostages bit and finding the blue prints that's the pain in the arse bit. I can't be arsed to creep round the bases so I just go in trying to do it as quick as possible but I always end up starting World War 3.

lol

On the first Afghan mission I got bored and decided to get them all to chase me to an AA gun, turned around and mowed them all down.  At that point I realised I might not be patient enough for this game.

Just done mission 18. Bit of a shock. Once you've got Quiet with the tranq sniper it's incredibly overpowered, can, if you want, just hide and let her take almost everyone out, fulton them and shazam. Mission complete.

It's not quite as easy as that though. She can't take out heavy infantry and when I gave the order to shoot, the whole base went on alert at the sound of gun shots. This was mission 15.

I have supressed my own sniper rifle, perhaps I can do the same with hers?

Bought this as I used to love it back in the day.... since when did it turn into resident evil? What they hell is up with that bullshit at the start, with flaming man. Weird.

No way do I have the patience to creep about after people, I can tell this will be a long game.

Bought this as I used to love it back in the day.... since when did it turn into resident evil? What they hell is up with that bullshit at the start, with flaming man. Weird.

No way do I have the patience to creep about after people, I can tell this will be a long game.

There's something not sitting well with me and this game regarding the storyline. Something clearly isnt right and I'm 100% certain some of what we're led to believe hasn't happened. I have a few theories, let's see how it plays out. I may be over thinking things through of couse.

Although this could take a while, as you've pointed out... lol

There's something not sitting well with me and this game regarding the storyline. Something clearly isnt right and I'm 100% certain some of what we're led to believe hasn't happened. I have a few theories, let's see how it plays out. I may be over thinking things through of couse.

Although this could take a while, as you've pointed out... lol

I've not played it for about 15 years so I don't know what I've missed, but I'm definitely expecting a Bobble Ewing Dallas shower scene at the end... "Oh it's all a dream".

The story seems so stupid and unrealistic so far.

The mission where you have to extract the truck and the Skulls come out of it is ridiculously tough. Im getting so angry with it, you have to go way back every time you die !!

I just did this last night. Took me about 10 attempts. I think next time I'll extract the truck earlier along its route. I waited at a small outpost, it was too open. Fluked it in the end, although the decoys made a difference.

Does it really matter if you don't get good grades on the missions? I really can't creep about for hours trying to kill people so I invariably just get a D as I blow the shit out of everything.

Babylon gets the D and blows the shit out of it :ph34r:

Sorry couldnt resist.

as far as im aware the grades earn you more money the higher the grade. Im not sure if they do anything else. Maybe unlock new equipment but not sure.

Im still not bothered about playing it. Havent been on it for over a week and wouldnt be bothered if i never played it again.

Babylon gets the D and blows the shit out of it :ph34r:

Sorry couldnt resist.

as far as im aware the grades earn you more money the higher the grade. Im not sure if they do anything else. Maybe unlock new equipment but not sure.

Im still not bothered about playing it. Havent been on it for over a week and wouldnt be bothered if i never played it again.

Could have been great... just some really annoying / shit bits that let it down.

Does it really matter if you don't get good grades on the missions? I really can't creep about for hours trying to kill people so I invariably just get a D as I blow the shit out of everything.

The higher the grading, the greater the monetary reward.  That's all.

I only got a C once, mostly Bs and a few As.

The game is great still imo, but the sheer number of side ops makes following the main story missions difficult.  There's no sense of direction with it and it's a little too open gameplay wise to be true MGS imo.  We've gone from rigid story telling and decent gameplay from the older games to just very good gameplay and not enough story.

The higher the grading, the greater the monetary reward.  That's all.

I only got a C once, mostly Bs and a few As.

The game is great still imo, but the sheer number of side ops makes following the main story missions difficult.  There's no sense of direction with it and it's a little too open gameplay wise to be true MGS imo.  We've gone from rigid story telling and decent gameplay from the older games to just very good gameplay and not enough story.

I think that is why im not getting into it. Seems to be little structure. Its just throw yourself out there and do what you want. I also hate how each mission has credits before and after them. Like its a film or something. You summed it up with 'its a little too open'.

Im going Wales for 2 weeks to work so will be smashing PS4 in the evenings to stop me spending money. Ive just brought Batman as i cant see myself playing MGS every night whilst im away. I heard mission 6 was really good which im upto that point now so i will give it 1 more try and if it doesnt grip me i may just sell it

So where's everyone at with this game?

I checked the stats today and was shocked I'd put in almost 48 hours already.

I have mission 19 up next, have completed all available side ops at this point once and have an overall completion of 31%.

Although it's great, Drakes, AC and Fallout 4 are soon out and I've still to pick up Witcher 3 lol

So where's everyone at with this game?

I checked the stats today and was shocked I'd put in almost 48 hours already.

I have mission 19 up next, have completed all available side ops at this point once and have an overall completion of 31%.

Although it's great, Drakes, AC and Fallout 4 are soon out and I've still to pick up Witcher 3 lol

i have done mission 5 and it still hasnt got me wanting to play it. Started Batman and its awesome. I might just sell MGS. I just cant be arsed.

6 is the second best i have done so far. On mission 23, clocked 46 hours. Lib your in for a treat with mission 20.

I've seen the map for the mission.  It looks pretty big, passing through a few smaller areas.  Reminds me of mission 6 in that respect.  For this reason, I need an uninterrupted 2 hours of time to take my time with it.  As soon as you rush through something in the game, it's easy to completely mess it up and it becomes less enjoyable as a result.

I've sunk more time into the side ops because of this.  It's easy to do 30 minutes here or there and do a couple of these.

I've had this game since it came out but am only about 10 or 11 missions in so haven't encountered Quiet yet. After reading some of the comments in this thread I felt compelled to Google her and I must admit, the bird who she's based on is a right darling.

post-12843-0-91247100-1443988988_thumb.j

Archived