Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
promised land

Newcastle away

How everyone planning on getting there and what's the cheapest price for train?

Really want to go but really can't be bothered with the 4 hour coach journey there and then again back but also don't want to pay loads for a train when the coach is a tenner. Big dilemma!

Driving up on the Friday, having a few beers in Newcastle Friday night, stopping in some cheap dive £24 for the night and then, Saturday, nice breakfast just a few beers, stroll to the ground and drive home after the match.

Saturday night hotels too expensive.

How everyone planning on getting there and what's the cheapest price for train?

Really want to go but really can't be bothered with the 4 hour coach journey there and then again back but also don't want to pay loads for a train when the coach is a tenner. Big dilemma!

£144 Barrow-on-Soar to Newcastle off peak return. £96 adult + £48 child

If you do singles from Barrow to York then York to Newcastle and back (which is the same route as above but specific times) then cheapest total cost is £88.50. £59 adult + £29.50 child.

I have a friends and family card so approx 33% off adult and 60% off child.

If you order through redspottedhanky.com you can use Tesco vouchers at double the value for train tickets + £2.00 booking fee.

So it's cost £25 in Tesco vouchers for me and my lad plus a massive headache, but we fancied the train. Maybe stick to the coach!

Archived