Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
promised land

Newcastle away

Travelling up Friday managed to find a good deal with premier inn for a couple of nights. Shame about the train fare though at the moment it's a killer, trying to think of ways to cutting it down. Its a scandal rail fare these days.

Mate, try this site. https://www.splitticketing.com

Should find cheapest way by rail instead of taking you hours and giving you a headache.

I don't know if this helps but I am ST holder in Newcastle and split tickets as follows. Leicester Derby. Derby Sheffield. Sheffield York (same train Xcountry). York Newcastle (change depending on price to East coast or Trans Pennine).

Return. Newcastle Sheffield (change at Doncaster). Sheffield Derby. Derby Leicester.

This sounds like a nightmare but often just means changing at Derby on the way up (for you) and Doncaster and Sheffield on the way back (East midland trains from Sheffield).

I don't know if this helps but I am ST holder in Newcastle and split tickets as follows. Leicester Derby. Derby Sheffield. Sheffield York (same train Xcountry). York Newcastle (change depending on price to East coast or Trans Pennine).

Return. Newcastle Sheffield (change at Doncaster). Sheffield Derby. Derby Leicester.

This sounds like a nightmare but often just means changing at Derby on the way up (for you) and Doncaster and Sheffield on the way back (East midland trains from Sheffield).

It's bad enough doing this and Sunderland by train journey twice a year. You do it for every Leicester home game?

It's bad enough doing this and Sunderland by train journey twice a year. You do it for every Leicester home game?

Going on the coach with Fox Travel for this.. can anyone who's used them before give me an idea on what to expect? Would like to get to Newcastle nice and early for a few beers but I'm not hopeful!

if u have to get coach and want beers in future get the ausden clark.. that usually gets to grounds 3 hours or so before kick off. Fox travel often stops at services and usually leaves later.

Going on the coach with Fox Travel for this.. can anyone who's used them before give me an idea on what to expect? Would like to get to Newcastle nice and early for a few beers but I'm not hopeful!

Buses breaking down, sharing a seat with Hagred and watching Only fools and horses on a loop for 5 hours. Enjoy!

Write off what ever it cost. Ring ausden Clark and spend a tenner with them. You ain't getting there in time for a beer with fox travel lol

Archived