Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Away ticket advice needed

Hi ladies and gents

I am a Silver Fox member, but as i'm sure we've all noticed, i don't think we've had an away game that has reached members sale since we've been back in the Premier League!

I am dying to get to an away game sometime soon, and i always see people offering their references to others, so i was wondering how this works?

Is it just a case of someone buying the tickets for another person? Or do they purchase the tickets with said ST holders details?

I ask as i am ready to pounce next time i see someone offering in a match ticket thread lol

Thanks

Stevosevic

Hi ladies and gents

I am a Silver Fox member, but as i'm sure we've all noticed, i don't think we've had an away game that has reached members sale since we've been back in the Premier League!

I am dying to get to an away game sometime soon, and i always see people offering their references to others, so i was wondering how this works?

Is it just a case of someone buying the tickets for another person? Or do they purchase the tickets with said ST holders details?

I ask as i am ready to pounce next time i see someone offering in a match ticket thread lol

Thanks

Stevosevic

weve had a fair few. newcastle and swansea are more than likely going to hit it! 

weve had a fair few. newcastle and swansea are more than likely going to hit it! 

Ah, i'm unavailable for either of those.  :(

I'm eyeing up Everton, Spurs or Aston Villa in all honesty.

I'm hoping with Spurs being midweek this may be less popular and reach members sale...

Ah, i'm unavailable for either of those.  :(

I'm hoping with Spurs being midweek this may be less popular and reach members sale...

im a member too am i right in thinking that we all get it at the same time so it doesnt go ST, gold, silver etc? just goes ST, members?

im a member too am i right in thinking that we all get it at the same time so it doesnt go ST, gold, silver etc? just goes ST, members?

I think so, but i'm not 100%, as the games i've wanted to go to have been snapped up by ST holders so i've not noticed on games that have reached members sale. 

This is whats annoying with trying to buy away tickets; those with enough points who do not wish to attend just give their reference out so they still accumulate the points without them attending. this further hinders those who do wish to attend but cannot get the tickets because they do not have enough points. 

This is whats annoying with trying to buy away tickets; those with enough points who do not wish to attend just give their reference out so they still accumulate the points without them attending. this further hinders those who do wish to attend but cannot get the tickets because they do not have enough points. 

I agree. The whole point of the priority system is to allow everyone to 'earn' their place through their desire and willingness to attend. The weekly handing out of references goes against that.

I'm a ST holder now but I was a Silver Member last year and went to Villa, West Ham, Burnley and Spurs (we were pretty shite for most of that time though)

I think we'll have a few coming up which will go to Members. Xmas and Winter Months are nowhere near as popular as early season.

I'd be astonished if Swansea and Spurs (Midweek) sold out before Members

I agree. The whole point of the priority system is to allow everyone to 'earn' their place through their desire and willingness to attend. The weekly handing out of references goes against that.

You answered yourself there.

'Earn their place.'

That's what those who have high priority and get tickets for all the games have done, gone away for many years in the championship and got up to top priority.

Why haven't the ones begging now got a history of away games going back seasons? Work, family, money are the usual answers, true or not we will never know but all of a sudden they have the time and money, but not the ability to buy tickets themselves.

Makes you wonder a bit.

This argument goes on and on though. I'm not knocking those begging for not travelling before we came up like I won't knock those who keep their status at the top due to selling on. Reading these pages there seems to be just a handful of names though that crop up a lot regarding not attending but can buy tickets.

Ah, i'm unavailable for either of those. :(

I can sort you spurs. Probably won't go with it being midweek.

You answered yourself there.

'Earn their place.'

That's what those who have high priority and get tickets for all the games have done, gone away for many years in the championship and got up to top priority.

Why haven't the ones begging now got a history of away games going back seasons? Work, family, money are the usual answers, true or not we will never know but all of a sudden they have the time and money, but not the ability to buy tickets themselves.

Makes you wonder a bit.

This argument goes on and on though. I'm not knocking those begging for not travelling before we came up like I won't knock those who keep their status at the top due to selling on. Reading these pages there seems to be just a handful of names though that crop up a lot regarding not attending but can buy tickets.

I didn't ask a question so I can't have answered it.

Handing out references goes against the spirit of the priority system. I don't see how you've responded to my point here.

I agree that sharing of references is wrong. But the system of selling tickets by the club could be better as well. 

They will have too many different bands of points when its unnecessary, and most importantly they take far too long to put the tickets on sale, usually over 2 weeks since going on sale until being available to first time season ticket holders.

Archived