Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

What have you missed by leaving early ?

There are some stonkers to have missed in here, the Yeovil one was my initial favourite but this...

My uncle was working a night shift so we left with Leicester 2-0 down to Arsenal it finished 3-3 i've never left a game early again

Has to be the winner. Brutal one to miss!

I might join in with the willy waving of not leaving early, always wait until the whistle has gone. I've only ever left on two occasions As a 12 year old me and my dad missed Soton's fourth goal when my dad left in disgust in 01/02, we got home and looked on Ceefax to see it finished 1-4.

Also left the ground on 75 minutes against Ipswich on the alst day of the season in 2011, game was 4-2 and the score didn't change. Absolutely killed me to miss those last 15 though. That was to join the missus in the Crumbie at Welford Road as the Tigers were kicking off straight afterwards. Fair to say it's not something I'd ever repeat.

I left right on the final whistle last season against Spurs in the cup after we won 2-1. Missed the celebrations, that was horrible, in the Q for the tube while everyone was back in the stadium enjoying the win.

Even missing a chunk of the game is bad enough personally, but everyone has a choice when they leave so they're welcome to. Guess they have to live with whatever they miss.

The only goals I have missed were our first and second goals vs Swindon in the Play off final.

I hadn't gone anywhere I was just slumped in my seat sulking for the first one and couldn't bear to watch the game, being 3-0 down in the most important game of the season sucked, when we scored I didn't even see it.

Then in my childlike logic I deduced we had scored because I hadn't been watching, so I stopped watching again and we scored again, I thought I was magic, so I did it again, but I peeked just as Steve Thompson slotted home the third.

Karma taught me a lesson and they got a spawny penalty and we lost.

I can honestly say I have never missed any goals by leaving early, not because I am a super cool awesome fan, but because I want my money's worth and try and eek every last penny  of enjoyment out of the game, even if it is a consolation goal or something funny happening or anything like cheering the lawn mowers at West Ham this season, great fun, if I've paid to be there I don't want to miss any of it. 

Embarrassed to say but I left the City Ground when we were 2-1 down in the League Cup. Started kicking off in our end with the police so my dad dragged me out. Got to the car to find out we'd won. Can't imagine how mental our end must have been. After that day I've not left a game early!

how many of the hardcore crew saying they never leave early have to travel 3 hours or more to get home though?

Surely that even more of a reason to watch the whole thing? You travel 3 hours each way to watch a 90 minutes football match and then leave before the end. Admit it, you're not bothered about the football, you just like travelling  :P

Only time i've left early with one goal in it, and missed "Sticks" equaliser in the game below.

We had thrown away a 3-2 lead to go 4-3 down within the last ten minutes, and I think I must have had enough.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-v-Watford-ndash-classic-match/story-28127495-detail/story.html

As we seemed to have thrown away a win, I don't think I cared if we got a draw or not.

Archived