Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

What have you missed by leaving early ?

I was late to a game a few seasons back and missed King score a screamer, we only won 1-0 and there was nothing else of note in the game lol

When we beat Leeds 4-0 in 03/04 season I was a kid and went to games with my dad so didn't have a say when we left, anyway we left at 2-0 so I missed the last two goals. Since then I've never willingly left a game early when it's been close or we're winning (if we're getting thrashed, which has happened a few times until we became good lol, then I left)

Edit: I've missed a few goals from being in the toilet, but that can't be helped lol The sound of the noise from the stadium when you're in the concourse is quite something

never missed anything going early at the end of a game but missed a fair few goals live at ht, bit it's still fun celebrating in the concourse with ya pals.

Only one thing worse than missing a goal cos of whatever reason and that is people moaning about you missing the goal (at your own risk) to make themselves feel better about seeing the goal. 

over and out.

When I parked down Commercial Square I left a few times early, purely to get out of sitting in traffic, sometimes for over an hour.

This season I've managed to find a better car park which gets me home within 15 minutes and that's staying til the end.

One and only time I left early was when we were last in the prem and it seemed like we couldn't buy a win or even a draw. Used to take my lad (he must've been about 6 or 7) and I can't remember the opponents but it was bitterly cold and as half-time approached he looked at me and said, "Dad, can we go now?" I was understandably pissed off but agreed we could go at half-time cos he looked like his lips were turning blue. Then on the way back to the car, he said, "Dad, I wanna go football any more", I asked why not and he said "I'm just fed up of seeing us lose all the time".

Dropped him back at his mum's and haven't seen the ungrateful little sh*t since.

desborough ?

I've been watching Leicester since 1986 and have only left early twice. On both occasions I have missed Leicester goals.

The first was against Sheffield Wednesday away in the League Cup (I think). We were 7-0 down at the time and I missed Bobby Davison's consolation.

The second was at home to Blackburn (I think). We were 3-0 down and I missed Paul Gallagher's consolation.

I've never left early since, but I'm wondering if I should consider it at 0-0 with 5 mins to go - given my 100% record.

In 53 years, must be pushing 1000 games. I hate missing a minute of any game.

Only left early once, Middlesbrough at Wembley. Was hoping the game would be over in 90 minutes as number two son was in the navy and his warship was sailing for the West Indies that evening. The last possible train to reach the port in time was leaving 45 minutes after normal full time, we were running down Wembley Way when Boro scored. Just got parked up at Paddington Station when we equalised.

Then drove back to Wembley and picked up the rest of the family. Spoilt my record, but something I have to live with.

Never left early and never will, especially being a fan who struggles to get to as many games as I'd like. I genuinely like to stay for a few minutes after the game to clap the players, no matter what team we've put out or the result! (Ok maybe I didn't clap at the Portsmouth 6-1 or the Forest 5-1 but you get the gist!

Quite random, but i have only ever missed one goal. I used to travel to every game from Nottingham while still at college. Stayed until the end every single game but one time we were losing 3-1 to Norwich and i though **** it. Gallagher scored a consolation free kick. Still havent seen that goal to this day. 

how many of the hardcore crew saying they never leave early have to travel 3 hours or more to get home though?

I just don't understand paying for something to miss a part of it unless in exceptional circumstances. If we are 3-0 down then fair enough but you see people leaving at 0-0

I just don't understand paying for something to miss a part of it unless in exceptional circumstances. If we are 3-0 down then fair enough but you see people leaving at 0-0

i guess the gamble is that if you leave when they announce added time, if it's less than 3 minutes you're not going to miss anything and you can actually get back on the road.

Archived