Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

What have you missed by leaving early ?

Missed our 1st ever premier league goal.

OK so we where losing 3-0 at home to Newcastle I think it was. Back in 1994 if the memory is still with me and I left to get the bus home.

Swore I'd never do it again.

Almost true to my word. Left villa park at half time after a woeful 1st half. Again 3 down, years later and my desire to leave my have been beer influenced that year. But 3 of us ****ed off back into central Birmingham missed Muzzy score a free kick.

So the motto to this is. If I leave at 3 down. We will only lose 3-1

Never ever left early so not missed anything

Same here. It seems to be a theme among people who leave early that they occasionally miss spectacular moments. If you keep choosing to walk out before full time you will eventually miss something you wish you hadn't. It isn't worth it in my opinion.

Remember Wembley 2000, David Kelly equalises for Tranmere in the dying minutes of normal time. Dad decides to pop to the gents to beat the rush before the start of extra time. Whilst having a pee......... Matt Elliott :doh:

Dying minutes? He equalised with 15 mins still to play!!!!! Elliot scored like 4 mins later.

Always seems to be the same people around me that leave early. 4-0 down I'd maybe understand (although I wouldn't - top fan me) but not when we're playing the way we are.

You'd look a right dick... Oh yeah that season we won the league, I missed a few goals because I wanted to beat the traffic... STAY AND ENJOY IT

One and only time I left early was when we were last in the prem and it seemed like we couldn't buy a win or even a draw. Used to take my lad (he must've been about 6 or 7) and I can't remember the opponents but it was bitterly cold and as half-time approached he looked at me and said, "Dad, can we go now?" I was understandably pissed off but agreed we could go at half-time cos he looked like his lips were turning blue. Then on the way back to the car, he said, "Dad, I don't wanna go football any more", I asked why not and he said "I'm just fed up of seeing us lose all the time".

Dropped him back at his mum's and haven't seen the ungrateful little sh*t since.

The only time I've ever left early was a few years back at Milwall away.

We had parked where a lot of the home fans were parked, so decided it was best to get out of there quick. As we got down into the concourse, Jeff scored which prompted us to sprint back up and join in the celebrations lol

That taught us

Never missed a Leicester goal leaving early. Missed a Southampton goal going for a p1ss last season. 

Would only leave a game if I was really disgusted by what I saw. Left about 10 min early when we got beat 5-0 by Bolton. 

Sometime in the mid to late eighties away at palace in the league cup. Game ended level and whoosh - off me and my mate (West Ham fan) went, never liked hanging around sellhurst in those days.

Anyway, how amazed were we to hear we had won in extra time as we drove back trough central London! What elfin extra time!!

Not defending it, but do 30k people watch a film in a cinema?

No but not many leave when we are winning!!!!

Like Walsh said thou if you do decide to leave,just fooking leave!!!

P.S we aint always had 30k at KP!!!!

Leaving early???

Can someone explain this concept please???

I can't explain it but it's usually the ones who turn up 5 minutes after kick off, go down for a beer/smoke 5 minutes before half time, come back 5 minutes after second half started, then leave early.

All in they miss about a quarter of a game every time, they pays their money and all that.

The only time I've left early in recent years was during a 2-2 draw with Sheffield United. I was living in Coventry and not driving at the time so had to leg it for the last train; I'd have missed it if I waited until half time. We scored a late equaliser in that one and I missed it.

When I was a kid my dad tried to make me leave a game at Filbert Street versus Grimsby with a few mimutes to go. He's a ****er for leaving early. We had been one down to a Clive Mendonca goal since about the second minute and we didn't look like scoring. I had a right paddy and he was definitely going to smack my arse when we got home but fortunately Julian Joachim scored for us im the last minute and my backside was spared by me being right.

Only ever left one match early and missed nothing, it was 0-0 against some losers and at 85 minutes I could feel a shit coming so I thought man forget it, yo home to Bel Air

Having said that, when we wallopped Huddersfield 6-1 my missus nipped down just before half time to get us a drink. She missed de Laet's goal. She wasn't back at the end of half time so I thought I'd go find her, as I got up Knocky scored his first, legged it down the stairs and heard a huge roar, and I missed his 2nd. Found her at the front of the queue pointing at the TV saying "I saw all the goals" that was a mental match

Archived