Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

When exuberant support gets a little too much

Sadly this is a bit of moan, which I hate doing. I thought 99.9% of our fans were simply brilliant today. But sadly I thought a handful of our fans stepped over a line today when celebrating our goals perhaps a little too exuberantly by basically crowd diving into the backs of those fans in the rows in front of them. All boisterous fun and all that, but the mate I was with has a really bad back and just didn't need to have to experience that. There was also a young lad with his dad who could have got hurt. It happened for both our goals and it spoiled my enjoyment of the match because it made me edgy. I'm so glad my Mrs wasn't there as she had planned to. She would have hated it and had she experienced it I reckon she would never have attended another match again. I know I might be being too sensitive about this, but it wasn't pleasant and is potentially dangerous.

Do you know what would stop this? Safe standing.

Maybe... But we stood the whole match. Both me and my mate fell as a result and my friend got his leg trapped against the seat and in trying to protect the little boy next to him got quite a bad bruise on his leg.

If it's a genuine rush of excitement like a last min equaliser from nowhere then fine. But if it's "LADS" just doing it for "Bantz" then it's shit

Agree a rush

But if immature toss@rs Are up to that crack then someone needs to have a word

"Bantz" another word for behaving like a ****

Maybe... But we stood the whole match. Both me and my mate fell as a result and my friend got his leg trapped against the seat and in trying to protect the little boy next to him got quite a bad bruise on his leg.

NOT GOOD , hope he is ok

If it's a genuine rush of excitement like a last min equaliser from nowhere then fine. But if it's "LADS" just doing it for "Bantz" then it's shit

Its never fine. Wouldn't be quite so funny when someone's neck gets ****ed by a buffoon landing on them from behind. There is a difference between deliberately jumping onto people and crowd surfing and just celebrating in a melee.

Which is precisely why having safe standing would've meant that wouldn't have happened.

I would have much preferred it if the dickheads behind us had just not done it. It really wasn't pleasant.

That's fair enough.

But safe standing would prevent this happening in future, always best to look forward before an injury does happen.

if you pull someones arm isnt that classed as assault?

spilling tea isnt comparable to jumping on someone.

If you seriously believe someone pulling your arm should be considered an assault you should have a think about life.

I would have much preferred it if the dickheads behind us had just not done it. It really wasn't pleasant.

What was the age profile ?

It's not those little pyro scallywags ? They have all the clobber (fake I must note ) inc aviator hooded jackets !

Their mum ,auntie and grandma are all the same woman , you know the type lol

Sadly this is a bit of moan, which I hate doing. I thought 99.9% of our fans were simply brilliant today. But sadly I thought a handful of our fans stepped over a line today when celebrating our goals perhaps a little too exuberantly by basically crowd diving into the backs of those fans in the rows in front of them. All boisterous fun and all that, but the mate I was with has a really bad back and just didn't need to have to experience that. There was also a young lad with his dad who could have got hurt. It happened for both our goals and it spoiled my enjoyment of the match because it made me edgy. I'm so glad my Mrs wasn't there as she had planned to. She would have hated it and had she experienced it I reckon she would never have attended another match again. I know I might be being too sensitive about this, but it wasn't pleasant and is potentially dangerous.

Don't worry. Most of the games can be downloaded off the telly now. Just pour a drink, cuddle up with the missus and turn the switch.   

Don't worry. Most of the games can be downloaded off the telly now. Just pour a drink, cuddle up with the missus and turn the switch.

Maybe if you took your grandad along to a game and he fell and broke a bone, as could easily happen as a result this kind of thing, you might change your tune? I don't want to come over all righteous about this. I get lads just want to have fun. But it was dangerous and somebody really could get hurt seriously.

Archived