Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

When exuberant support gets a little too much

Why is it when anyone disagree's with the general opinion they are a 'half wit' etc, and they aren't adding to debate, it's not adding to the debate insulting someone either. As for the goal celebrations, it's a hazard most people accept, people will drink and will act up and if you stand in certain places you just have to accept it as a risk until measures are brought in to stop it happening.

Some of the older out of touch people are really exposing themselves to be quite silly in this thread.

The constant need to reference "banter" "ladz" etc whenever someone younger does something they don't like is really embarrassing.

Why is it when anyone disagree's with the general opinion they are a 'half wit' etc, and they aren't adding to debate, it's not adding to the debate insulting someone either. As for the goal celebrations, it's a hazard most people accept, people will drink and will act up and if you stand in certain places you just have to accept it as a risk until measures are brought in to stop it happening.

No your a halfwhit when your point bears no resemblance of the thread conversation and your point is being made just because you fancy whinge about whingers !

Some of the older out of touch people are really exposing themselves to be quite silly in this thread.

The constant need to reference "banter" "ladz" etc whenever someone younger does something they don't like is really embarrassing.

Embarrassing for those little twats ? I agree !

When your embarrassed about terminology and not the actual carry on of these dickheads (that's better terminology) then I'm afraid I'm embarrassed for you :)

All embarrassing really now lol

If it's a genuine rush of excitement like a last min equaliser from nowhere then fine. But if it's "LADS" just doing it for "Bantz" then it's shit

If from what i have read so far, and so called fans couldent stay in there own row is true then this is absolute nonsense. I have watched playoff final last minute goal and not lost it and jumped on kid n oaps. I just dont know what is happeniing anymore there just aint no rispect for anyone anymore

This thread epitomises the reason why I rarely post on here anymore.

A large majority of you will also be moaning at the lack of 'scenes' from lower rows on the TV yet then moan about getting nudged during a goal celebration ffs.

Don't bother going if you're scared of getting touched when we score a goal.

I'd much rather not get 'touched' if we score, depends who I'm sat next to actually...

I've gone absolutely insane when we've scored some big goals and been extremely drunk but have managed to refrain from jumping on a stranger or injuring somebody.

Re: What is the 'debate'? I have never had my back jumped into at a match before. I'd rather it hadn't happened because I think it is dangerous and it is disrespectful to barge into people you don't know personally. It made me edgy yesterday and it kind of spoiled my overall experience. Some seem to be 'debating' that this is an ok thing to do? Really?  

As for the 2nd sentence in the above quote in bold. Those like me, who don't like it and think it is behaviour that could lead to injury really do not have to accept it just because some think it is their right to jump into the backs of unsuspecting people? No, people shouldn't need to accept it. Those doing it have a responsibility to others. Why would you do something that is hazardous to a fellow fan you didn't travel to the game with, who would much rather you didn't? Do what you want with your mates. Just don't bring others in to it.

Lastly, regarding stereotypes. I used 'lads in their twenties' purely as a descriptive term. For me the behaviour is not about age. It's about respect for others. Especially if the elderly and kids might be involved.

Maybe if you took your grandad along to a game and he fell and broke a bone, as could easily happen as a result this kind of thing, you might change your tune? I don't want to come over all righteous about this. I get lads just want to have fun. But it was dangerous and somebody really could get hurt seriously.

Fuking hell, the last time thracians grandad went to a game it was still four groats to get in.

Let's be honest, if you celebrate a goal in an away end where everyone is standing with a bunch of mates, it is quite feasible that nine times out of ten at least one person will stumble over a seat or down a couple of steps or whatever. When one person tries to stop another from falling it's a domino effect and many go stumbling. It's how it works. I don't see how it is crowd surfing and Im pretty sure it happens in every standing away end anywhere. Some people on this thread probably don't even go to games but love to quickly blame it on the 'lads'.

Re: What is the 'debate'? I have never had my back jumped into at a match before. I'd rather it hadn't happened because I think it is dangerous and it is disrespectful to barge into people you don't know personally. It made me edgy yesterday and it kind of spoiled my overall experience. Some seem to be 'debating' that this is an ok thing to do? Really?  

As for the 2nd sentence in the above quote in bold. Those like me, who don't like it and think it is behaviour that could lead to injury really do not have to accept it just because some think it is their right to jump into the backs of unsuspecting people? No, people shouldn't need to accept it. Those doing it have a responsibility to others. Why would you do something that is hazardous to a fellow fan you didn't travel to the game with, who would much rather you didn't? Do what you want with your mates. Just don't bring others in to it.

Lastly, regarding stereotypes. I used 'lads in their twenties' purely as a descriptive term. For me the behaviour is not about age. It's about respect for others. Especially if the elderly and kids might be involved.

I think the debate he is talking about is that of safe standing over all seater.

Let's be honest, if you celebrate a goal in an away end where everyone is standing with a bunch of mates, it is quite feasible that nine times out of ten at least one person will stumble over a seat or down a couple of steps or whatever. When one person tries to stop another from falling it's a domino effect and many go stumbling. It's how it works. I don't see how it is crowd surfing and Im pretty sure it happens in every standing away end anywhere. Some people on this thread probably don't even go to games but love to quickly blame it on the 'lads'.

I'd say the majority of people on here have fallen over celebrating a goal before.

But I'd also say that the majority on here would be quick to apologise and make sure anyone nearby is okay and not hurt.

It's just common courtesy.

The funny thing is a lot of people defending the guys who did it are the people (who like me) prefer spontaneous celebration rather than pre-determined cringey 'celebrations': however in this instance, the guy obviously thought it out. There's falling a row in front when jumping out your seat, but you can't launch yourself several rows solely on the momentum of getting up to celebrate, you'd have to build the momentum yourself.

Safe standing is obviously the way forward and with all the extra safety it's a no-brainer and not really that up for debate, but I don't see what that has to do with the subject: the OP I'd imagine would have been fine if the guy fell over and apologised but to purposely launch yourself is just a bit of a dick thing to do and totally avoidable by acting like a normal fan and going mental on your own row (unless you were to trip into the next row, by accident).

Can't see how this thread has got so long winded. Just celebrate the goal rather than outdo your mates is the only message to take from this.

The funny thing is a lot of people defending the guys who did it are the people (who like me) prefer spontaneous celebration rather than pre-determined cringey 'celebrations': however in this instance, the guy obviously thought it out. There's falling a row in front when jumping out your seat, but you can't launch yourself several rows solely on the momentum of getting up to celebrate, you'd have to build the momentum yourself.

Safe standing is obviously the way forward and with all the extra safety it's a no-brainer and not really that up for debate, but I don't see what that has to do with the subject: the OP I'd imagine would have been fine if the guy fell over and apologised but to purposely launch yourself is just a bit of a dick thing to do and totally avoidable by acting like a normal fan and going mental on your own row (unless you were to trip into the next row, by accident).

Can't see how this thread has got so long winded. Just celebrate the goal rather than outdo your mates is the only message to take from this.

Exactly this! Finally!

I'd say the majority of people on here have fallen over celebrating a goal before.

But I'd also say that the majority on here would be quick to apologise and make sure anyone nearby is okay and not hurt.

It's just common courtesy.

This. I wouldn't have started this thread if it was just a little stumble into our row, or even a bit more than that accidentally. I knew from the force of the first time it happened that it would happen each time we scored. Which is what did happen. The guys behind me literally ended up horizontal (lying down) on our seats. Twice. My guess is that they were pushed hard by their mate behind them, who ended folded forwards and draped on top of them evidently thinking it was all hilarious. Tried to catch eye contact and speak with them, but they wouldn't even acknowledge or look at me, let alone put a hand up and say sorry. Anyway, no more comments from me. Time to put it to bed.

Having suffered with a bad back myself in recent months I can fully sympathise with the OP's mate about how painful that is.

That said, during that time I also chose to attend away games and fully knew what could happen if a goal went in. It was my choice and I was prepared for the consequences. Common sense suggests you either don't bother or head down to the front if your injury is that bad.

If you knock in to someone you don't know and they're clearly non-plussed then obviously saying sorry is the right thing to do. I've been at the bottom of massive pile-ons of strangers before but they've all helped me up and we've shook hands and had a laugh about it. It's part of the camararderie of an away day.

As for those threatening to practise violence upon those who bump into them during goal celebrations, irony's clearly not your strong point.

Pretty sure there's 2 different types of celebration being discussed here. Going mental and accidentally falling forward into the row ahead I doubt anybody has a problem with.

Jumping forwards into people and laughing is just a dick move. There's obviously going to be some lads that are like that. I've seen it at the football plenty.

Pretty sure the OP is talking about the latter rather than the former. Using the word exhuberant probably wasn't the right choice as it just makes it sound like things got a little out of hand.

Do you know what would stop this? Safe standing.

Are you serious ? These idiots do it with seats in front of them , how on earth is standing going to stop that ?  There is no such thing as safe standing and these clowns prove it.

Archived