Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

When exuberant support gets a little too much

Definitely think we should come up with a guideline on how to celebrate goals and be handed out before the match. Clapping and poznan are all good but let's not have anyone being too 'exuberant'.

Yeah how about. "Celebrate like a respectable human being and not a Neanderthal". That should cover it.

Avoid away games incase some little chav decides he wants to try and be funny? As I've already said, there is a difference between going mental, jumping around and falling down the row infront and deliberately crowd surfing. I'm guessing you are probably one of those involved in it by the way you are desperate to try and justify it.

No I'm trying to justify why safe standing would solve it.

Oh come on! I've celebrated massive goals before and have ended up falling into the row in front. If I've fallen onto someone I've apologised when its all settled. Jumping on people who could be elderly or could be children to earn some lad points is being a dick. If thats ok by you then get on with it but you'll be called a dick

So if you apologise it's all ok. Brilliant.

Definitely think we should come up with a guideline on how to celebrate goals and be handed out before the match. Clapping and poznan are all good but let's not have anyone being too 'exuberant'.

Yeah well I only watched it on tv today but when we scored I booted the cat against the wall. #Pashun!

So if you apologise it's all ok. Brilliant.

but I didn't do it deliberately you simpleton

I've been on both sides of the spectrum. In my younger years, with the excess shandy, practically falling over the guy in front of me and after finding it funny with a few bruises. Having kids. And taken my kids to away matches, its really quite a hazard. As a parent, youve got make that decision of taking that risk that something may happen, as you have no control of what can happen behind you or fall on top of you. There is a accident waiting to happen, let's hope safe standing is in place before

Its never fine. Wouldn't be quite so funny when someone's neck gets ****ed by a buffoon landing on them from behind. There is a difference between deliberately jumping onto people and crowd surfing and just celebrating in a melee.

Sorry, I was saying that it was ever fine but if a last minute 35 yard equaliser goes in there will be scenes and bodies will be flying inevitably.

When big Wasyl equalises in the 19th minute down the other end from a free header in the 3rd round of the f.a cup, of course I expect jubilant celebrations but I don't expect rows being devoured and limbs all over the shop.

If you catch my drift

Just a simple case of respect for others. Some have it, some quite clearly don't

You can see how they were dragged up just looking and listening to them !

People keep saying safestanding would solve it but I'm struggling to see how exactly? It would stop people falling down a row but how will it a stop a dickhead deliberately crowd surfing?

No it won't

Oh come on! I've celebrated massive goals before and have ended up falling into the row in front. If I've fallen onto someone I've apologised when its all settled. Jumping on people who could be elderly or could be children to earn some lad points is being a dick. If thats ok by you then get on with it but you'll be called a dick

Spot on.

Sorry, I was saying that it was ever fine but if a last minute 35 yard equaliser goes in there will be scenes and bodies will be flying inevitably.

When big Wasyl equalises in the 19th minute down the other end from a free header in the 3rd round of the f.a cup, of course I expect jubilant celebrations but I don't expect rows being devoured and limbs all over the shop.

If you catch my drift

I agree with you - I don't doubt for a second bodies go flying to an extent. People naturally go mad, but its unintentional. My gripe is when someone deliberately throws themself down rows trying to surf/land on people.

People keep saying safestanding would solve it but I'm struggling to see how exactly? It would stop people falling down a row but how will it a stop a dickhead deliberately crowd surfing?

lol if any tosser decided to crowd surf and risk the inevitable falling on railings then fair play to them in my book, they certainly wouldn't do it again. It's not like a gig where it's just a free for all on the terrace.

I've been on both sides of the spectrum. In my younger years, with the excess shandy, practically falling over the guy in front of me and after finding it funny with a few bruises. Having kids. And taken my kids to away matches, its really quite a hazard. As a parent, youve got make that decision of taking that risk that something may happen, as you have no control of what can happen behind you or fall on top of you. There is a accident waiting to happen, let's hope safe standing is in place before

I'd mess my pants if you were behind me Singhy. Not falling for that pound coin glued to the floor trick again

Obviously Larry and a few others had a great view of wherever this incident occurred.

People fall over celebrating. It happens. People do not crowd surf at football matches - I refuse to believe that happened. To be fair I can't quite work out where crowd surfing has come from - the OP makes a good point about people minding where they are celebrating and quite a few people have decided that meant a group of youths were acting like 'banter lads' (whatever they are) by crowd surfing.

Christ.

I agree with you - I don't doubt for a second bodies go flying to an extent. People naturally go mad, but its unintentional. My gripe is when someone deliberately throws themself down rows trying to surf/land on people.

I agree with you. I've seen it befor also.

I don't believe safe standing will stop people acting like dicks.mcos that's what's happened today

Obviously Larry and a few others had a great view of wherever this incident occurred.

People fall over celebrating. It happens. People do not crowd surf at football matches - I refuse to believe that happened. To be fair I can't quite work out where crowd surfing has come from - the OP makes a good point about people minding where they are celebrating and quite a few people have decided that meant a group of youths were acting like 'banter lads' (whatever they are) by crowd surfing.

Christ.

Jumping 3 rows in front while laughing at your thick buddies is surfing and being a Dick !

Sooner people start stamping on them where they fall the better !

I noticed they don't jump on "faces" or likely lads ,

Always people they think they can intimidate !

Don't see whats unreasonable about this thread?

Other than the incredible levels of stereotyping young lads off the account of one individual not a lot.

EDIT: not saying the OP is incorrect to cite what he believes was over the top actions, and he certainly should have been apologised to.

Other than the incredible levels of stereotyping young lads off the account of one individual not a lot.

Are you one of the lads or am I missing something. Why would the OP make it up?

And that's the great thing about football, we all have different opinions. :)

Not really about football though mate

Are you one of the lads or am I missing something. Why would the OP make it up?

Not really about football though mate

No I can confirm I stayed on my feet and on my row for both goals but thank you for your concern.

I didn't accuse the OP of making it up, I accused idiots in this thread of hyperbole.

Archived