Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wokinghamfox

good article by the Daily Mail

I do like this hindsighted bollocks. Where was all the credit last March when we were bottom? Was Pearson leaving a good legacy then if he was sacked after Hull or Spurs away?

Pearson did a good job turning the club around. He ended years of struggle in the Championship, made us a better team at that level and took us up in style. We survived last season but plenty of it was not enjoyable and questions should be asked as to why we started playing so well so late in the season. However, Ranieri wouldn't have touched us in the Championship so Pearson taking us up and keeping us up is very important. Having the set-up in place to allow one man to leave and it not fall apart is also impressive.

But this season is about Ranieri. He's improved the players like Drinkwater, Morgan, Simpson, Vardy, even Mahrez. Albrighton has been given a proper chance. Tactically we are brilliant, especially away from home. Under Pearson we wouldn't have the away record we do. I think we'd be around 12th/13th which is not disgraceful but Ranieri has taken us forward leaps and bounds.

Pearson's work before this season shouldn't be taken away but his influence now is being overstated. It's not to get at him, you can't be successful from the position we were in without someone doing the dirty work in getting promotion, but Ranieri is the man with all the credit this season. Maybe he didn't change too much at the start but he sure has from October onwards.

Great post.

Catchphrase time:

sandsandsandsandsandsandsandsandsandsandsandsandsandsand DRAW LINE sandsandsandsandsandsandsandsandsandsandsandsandsandsandsan

If Klopp wins the title next year will they B Rogers be on the bus ?  Will Pep Guardiola bring M  Pellergrini ?  don't think so.

We have moved on.......... Nigel,  there will be another bus come along soon, thank you for what you achieved.

I do like this hindsighted bollocks. Where was all the credit last March when we were bottom? Was Pearson leaving a good legacy then if he was sacked after Hull or Spurs away?

So you think that people have never commented upon the great scouting, sports science, team spirit etc before now? Come off it, Pearson has been credited with those things for years and years. None of those things needed hindsight, we all knew it anyway.

What we didn't know was whether all that would be kept in place and continue to work after his departure. They were his teams and departments that he set up and last time he left they all went to Hull. It's with great credit that the club realised their worth and kept them here.

Pearson should get credit for implementing all those things, the club for keeping them on and Ranieri for seemingly not interfering in something that works, whilst also adding his own excellence in tactics.

So you think that people have never commented upon the great scouting, sports science, team spirit etc before now? Come off it, Pearson has been credited with those things for years and years. None of those things needed hindsight, we all knew it anyway.

What we didn't know was whether all that would be kept in place and continue to work after his departure. They were his teams and departments that he set up and last time he left they all went to Hull. It's with great credit that the club realised their worth and kept them here.

Pearson should get credit for implementing all those things, the club for keeping them on and Ranieri for seemingly not interfering in something that works, whilst also adding his own excellence in tactics.

Babs, you misunderstand me. I meant to the wider media who are now crediting Pearson with a lot of this season's progress. I saw very little in terms of columns and opinion pieces when we were adrift at the bottom saying he's doing a good job and leaving a legacy for the next man to take it forward.

Amongst our fans there was a support for him and an acknowledgement of the work done despite the results but I saw very little outside of forums.

Babs, you misunderstand me. I meant to the wider media who are now crediting Pearson with a lot of this season's progress. I saw very little in terms of columns and opinion pieces when we were adrift at the bottom saying he's doing a good job and leaving a legacy for the next man to take it forward.

Amongst our fans there was a support for him and an acknowledgement of the work done despite the results but I saw very little outside of forums.

Looks like it.

I'll slink off to my corner. lol

Pearson deserves a lot of credit for getting us up and keeping us up. I will forever revere him for that.

He has had no input in this season, so I'm not sure how he deserves any credit for the current position. So the article (or at least the title) is typical Adrian Durham nonsense.

I do agree that Pearson deserves a Premier League job however. Why Swansea or Aston Villa didn't go for Pearson I'll never know. I even think he would have been a good shout to be installed as Chelsea manager until the end of the season.

There must be a reason. What about Sunderland, Fulham or QPR? All clubs either fighting relegation or in need of promotion, two things that Pearson has got on his CV. I'm not saying the guy's a bastard, I love what he did here, just seems interesting that he's still out of work.

Sven didn't get any credit when we won the championship despite signing Kasper,Konch and Nugent

Very true. We had a world class set up when Sven was here. The scouting was meticulously detailed, the inspired signings of Michael Johnson, Michael Ball, Darius Vassell, Matt Mills. The strict wage budget not signing any old Tom dick and Harry on 40k a week.

Svens regime makes Pearsons time here all the more remarkable. What he managed to achieve with the mess he was left with.

Sven didn't get any credit when we won the championship despite signing Kasper,Konch and Nugent

Very true. We had a world class set up when Sven was here. The scouting was meticulously detailed, the inspired signings of Michael Johnson, Michael Ball, Darius Vassell, Matt Mills. The strict wage budget not signing any old Tom dick and Harry on 40k a week.

Svens regime makes Pearsons time here all the more remarkable. What he managed to achieve with the mess he was left with.

But this season is about Ranieri. He's improved the players like Drinkwater, Morgan, Simpson, Vardy, even Mahrez. Albrighton has been given a proper chance. Tactically we are brilliant, especially away from home. Under Pearson we wouldn't have the away record we do. I think we'd be around 12th/13th which is not disgraceful but Ranieri has taken us forward leaps and bounds.

We finished 14th last season and were top of the current form charts at the time, I would be amazed if after that and the permanent addition of Huth for a whole season along with Fuchs, Okazaki and Kante coming into the side would only have improved our league position by a single spot.

Realistic answer I think would be top ten, maybe even pushing on for Europe.

Unlike what people here might think Sven is a top manager. That said, you can have bad luck. The question here is that the press, considers Ranieri a mediocre manager. I've seen articles written about Pearson before, mostly insinuating that Ranieri was helped by Nigel's work. Bollocks! Managers are good, bad or excellent. Nigel is good, Sven is better (not withstanding the fact that he had a disastrous time here) and Ranieri is excellent. So Ranieri hasn't won a championship yet. So what? Back to luck...Luck unfortunately plays a part in this game too. When Chelsea won the championship did anyone in the press start talking about Ranieri? No, no one did. For once Just look at the way a team plays. The compleate team. I saw many of sven's teams rip better teams apart. He was excellent (but perhaps his heart is not in it anymore at his time here). I've seen Ranieri's teams play for many years. They are excellent. Ive seen Ranieri teams with mid range players beat top teams. I've also seen Nigel's team play and they were good (for part of the time). I don't believe even for a moment Leicester would be a mid table team with Nigel today. He is just good, not excellent...perhaps in a few years,he might be...experience is an excellent teacher...just ask Claudio.

Archived