Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hubert

Watford's ticket priorities

Just came across this and thought it provided an interest contrast to our current clamour for away tickets.

Watford's three priorities. And West Ham away has just gone on sale to Group C with 1,250 of the 3,000 tickets sold!

A reminder of the Priority Sales Groups:
- Group A: ST holders 2015/16 with 6 or more away League match ticket purchases under Fan ID record since July 2012
- Group B: Non-ST holders 2015/16 with 6 or more away League match ticket purchases under Fan ID record since July 2012
- Group C: ST holders 2015/16 with 5 or less away League match ticket purchases under Fan ID record since July 2012

Read more at http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/160420-west-ham-v-watford-fc-ticket-info-3034081.aspx#CZ3bwzBoLIIYFhQr.99

Not sure on the point you're trying to make here. We have far better travelling support than Watford and are in a far superior position, so obviously our tickets are going to sell faster.

Aye, Watford are not known for their away support so it seems a little cheap to take the piss.

In the Championship, before the Pozzos took over, they'd barely take 1000 away on any given Saturday. I'd argue they're punching above their weight just by being a Premier League club given the size of Watford as a town and its proximity to London.

It is £45 on a Wednesday night when we aren't playing well...

Plus there is the little matter of Wembley 4 days later..

I am sure we would have sold more had this been at the weekend/in better form.

Generally we've taken a decent number this season I think in relative terms.

Don't dispute in the past we have had a very average away following in the lean years.

Watford are a poorly supported team,the excuse of £45 on a Wednesday is pathetic,it's probably 20 miles away if that,£45 to someone in and around London would be classed as the going rate for tickets,that's why they love a day up north,cheap booze and tickets,if they don't sell out that's quite sad for a premier league teams

Watford are a poorly supported team,the excuse of £45 on a Wednesday is pathetic,it's probably 20 miles away if that,£45 to someone in and around London would be classed as the going rate for tickets,that's why they love a day up north,cheap booze and tickets,if they don't sell out that's quite sad for a premier league teams

Well that must make a difference though particularly at that price (if it was £30 for example that would attract more) - what with the general poor performances and the money spent on tickets for Wembley too?

I think we'd (and most other teams) would sell out if we were 7 points clear at the top of the league..instead it will probably be the reserves and a 3-0 defeat.

No need to get all billy big boll0cks about it.

Not at all - if anything, it empasises the scale of their achievement in staying up so comfortably. They should be applauded, just as Bournemouth should for staying up and a certain, unfashionable East Midlands club for their exploits in the division this season.

Not really - it's £45 on top of what ever going to Wembley costs these days: stick the two four days apart and if you can only choose one (which would be true of most) then which do you think people would go for? The midweek dead-rubber or a trip to wembley?

Not really - it's £45 on top of what ever going to Wembley costs these days: stick the two four days apart and if you can only choose one (which would be true of most) then which do you think people would go for? The midweek dead-rubber or a trip to wembley?

It's common knowledge though that the cost of living in London compared to up north is far superior,so £45 to a cockney is not as hard on the pocket to one of us or someone else further north,if it was against us for £45 on a Wednesday night,I could understand,but it's 20 miles or so,they just seem to confirm what I already thought,they have a shit fan base

Just came across this and thought it provided an interest contrast to our current clamour for away tickets.

Watford's three priorities. And West Ham away has just gone on sale to Group C with 1,250 of the 3,000 tickets sold!

A reminder of the Priority Sales Groups:

- Group A: ST holders 2015/16 with 6 or more away League match ticket purchases under Fan ID record since July 2012

- Group B: Non-ST holders 2015/16 with 6 or more away League match ticket purchases under Fan ID record since July 2012

- Group C: ST holders 2015/16 with 5 or less away League match ticket purchases under Fan ID record since July 2012

Read more at http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/160420-west-ham-v-watford-fc-ticket-info-3034081.aspx#CZ3bwzBoLIIYFhQr.99

Once again. I refer you to the fact we couldn't sell out Bolton away on a Tuesday night to witness us seal the championship title.

Yet 4 days later Huddersfield sold out at a canter to well. I guess just have a massive piss up with nothing riding on it.

We aren't exactly a club to get all high and mighty.

If we have Watford away next season and Madrid away 3 days later. I know where I will be. Apparently it's just a fact of supporting your club.

Lads it's pretty obvious that OP wasn't trying to take the piss. He was pointing out how the new STHs don't automatically get priority over those who've hopped on the bandwagon this season but not been to more than one away a year in recent times.

Whereas ours do. There have been plenty on here upset that they always went to away games when we were shit, but can't get a season ticket for whatever reason, and they feel forgotten about.

Archived