Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
glar84

Black Market Tickets

I can't see there being many floating about. It's a once in a lifetime thing I'd imagine ( hopefully not ) u could pay it, if get one at face value, give him it back and tell him to get even more for it, which he probably would then give ya the £250 back. Your not stressing for 2 weeks he gets to feed the kids.

I think this thread shows everyone's situation is different, not here to judge, when I got my season ticket I was expecting a season of struggle, so should there be a premium based on that, not sure, I'm not selling my seats for anything, but that's me. I'm sure there is actually a way around for those selling higher to stay legal, you sell someone a rusty bike for x amount and they get a free ticket to go with it, not sure if it's legal or not, also not suggesting anyone does it, for debating purposes only! 

I'd be really uncomfortable with a friend, or even a friend of a friend charging 5 x face value. I think that is pretty off, even if they need the money.

I am a yoga teacher. One of my ex-students who has kept in touch is a Chelsea season ticket holder. He is trying to get a ticket for me. He said if he can't sort it I can have his seat for the match against us at face value. That's what friends/good acquaintances do.

I wouldn't get myself worked up about it like a lot of people on here.

At the end of the day, the person buying the ticket would be happy to have a ticket that they wouldn't have had otherwise, at an acceptable price to them.

These are exceptional circumstances that very likely won't be repeated again.

To be fair Viva I can see where you are coming from a purely 'market based' ideology. Supply and demand and all that. And that is why touts always make a killing with gigs.

Based on that viewpoint alone you are correct. The seller is a winner and the buyer is a winner.

From an ethical viewpoint I think things can be argued from a very different perspective, as this thread shows.

I'd maybe hold out a little longer and I reckon the ridiculous prices might calm down. But also totally understand just wanting to have one in your pocket. I just think whoever is selling it to you is a total arse. Did they say where they got it?

I seem to be hearing a few everton fans saying they'll sell if you didn't mind sitting in away end. Might be cheaper.

I've seen where it is, he bought it from the club. So nothing fishy. He's genuine in that respect. Irrespective of him bring an 'arse' he made it clear a week ago the position and has said on numerous occasions he would rather sell it to somebody he didn't know due to this reason.

I'd be really uncomfortable with a friend, or even a friend of a friend charging 5 x face value. I think that is pretty off, even if they need the money.

I am a yoga teacher. One of my ex-students who has kept in touch is a Chelsea season ticket holder. He is trying to get a ticket for me. He said if he can't sort it I can have his seat for the match against us at face value. That's what friends/good acquaintances do.

I agree on your points, I've bought tickets on here for most matches and in nearly all circumstances I have paid face value, and 2 instances less. Those are good people.

I agree, but everyone's situation is different. If @Moksy s friend is genuinely hard up then it's difficult to demand he sell a ticket for £50 when everyone knows he could be a bit naughty and get 10 times that without much hassle.

Imagine I found a first edition copy of the first Harry Potter book in my loft. I'm not gonna sell it to my mate for £9.99 because he likes Harry Potter and that's all I paid for it in 1996 or whatever, even though I could get six figures at auction.

Everyone's situation is different and trying to guilt honest fans out of selling >FV isn't appropriate imo when there are hundreds less honest who will do it anyway.

And I say that as someone who desperately wants a ticket and doesn't have hundreds to spend on one.

I agree, but everyone's situation is different. If @Moksy s friend is genuinely hard up then it's difficult to demand he sell a ticket for £50 when everyone knows he could be a bit naughty and get 10 times that without much hassle.

Imagine I found a first edition copy of the first Harry Potter book in my loft. I'm not gonna sell it to my mate for £9.99 because he likes Harry Potter and that's all I paid for it in 1996 or whatever, even though I could get six figures at auction.

Everyone's situation is different and trying to guilt honest fans out of selling >FV isn't appropriate imo when there are hundreds less honest who will do it anyway.

And I say that as someone who desperately wants a ticket and doesn't have hundreds to spend on one.

Round and round we go. Auctioning a harry Potter book isn't illegal tho is it.

Although why you would have a harry Potter book is a bit beyond me.

I honestly don't believe the hype about 10 times the value, it's like pair for 15k plastered all over the media. There will always be touting, we can only report it for being on social media, but you nobody can stop word of mouth sales. How do the reselling websites operate then? How do they get away with it?

I honestly don't think I will get one FV , I could maybe get one less nearer the time, perhaps 100-150. But do I take the chance? So swaying towards buying it right now. Even though it doesn't sit well with me. This isn't an auction, it's a straight forwArd sale.

I honestly don't believe the hype about 10 times the value, it's like pair for 15k plastered all over the media. There will always be touting, we can only report it for being on social media, but you nobody can stop word of mouth sales. How do the reselling websites operate then? How do they get away with it?

I honestly don't think I will get one FV , I could maybe get one less nearer the time, perhaps 100-150. But do I take the chance? So swaying towards buying it right now. Even though it doesn't sit well with me. This isn't an auction, it's a straight forwArd sale.

They are based in a country where this is not illegal.

Thanks I am on it,

About two years ago I strung someone running a nigerian cash scam along for a month. It resulted in him travelling to Lagos airport where he thought he was meeting my contact who had £10k in cash for him as i didnt want to do bank transfer which he would then use to release my share of 25 million USD.

That was my uncle!!… He is still at the airport waiting for your guy lolol

you'd have to be stupid to try and flog your tickets on ebay, they just divert you to stub hub, which is still empty. tits.

Stubhub will remain empty for city home tickets as they haven't got an agreement with the club to sell them unlike other clubs have

Stubhub will remain empty for city home tickets as they haven't got an agreement with the club to sell them unlike other clubs have

Yeah, only Spurs and Everton have agreements with StubHub. And you are allowed to sell over face value, but they set a cap on how far above you can go.

I think this thread shows everyone's situation is different, not here to judge, when I got my season ticket I was expecting a season of struggle, so should there be a premium based on that, not sure, I'm not selling my seats for anything, but that's me. I'm sure there is actually a way around for those selling higher to stay legal, you sell someone a rusty bike for x amount and they get a free ticket to go with it, not sure if it's legal or not, also not suggesting anyone does it, for debating purposes only! 

agreed. A fan selling his beloved ticket for a game because he is on his uppers is totally different to a tout buying and selling. I'd cry if I had to sell my Man U ticket but is someone offered me £2000 I may think hang on a minute - I can take my kids away with that.

At the end of the day we can all judge people on here and say wether it is right or wrong but we cant really do anything other than report it if we choose to. Something is worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it and if they want to pay 10-20 times over the odds then thats up to them. My personal view is that it is morally wrong but there is nothing i can do and it doesnt really concern me. I wouldnt sell my tickets for £15,000 if i was offered that because i dont need the money and this could be the only chance i ever get to see my beloved leicester lift the premier league trophy. That memory would stay with me forever whereas £15,000 wud last me 6 months tops. i have a well paid job, a nice house and a healthy family but i could understand somebody who is living a not so comfortable life wanting to pocket £15,000 does it make them less of a fan or does it just mean they would be happy to watch it on tv and spend the cash instead?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dilemma here, I have been offered an Everton ticket today, 5 times FV , I can't get one otherwise. What would you do?

I've followed Leicester since the 80s , and my first game was the Orient away when we got promoted as a kid.

I haven't had season ticket since after the first season at KP . But had one all during the 90 s and have been most grounds.

I think know the answer, but as a true fan , I want to be at the last home match this season . It's not the money that's an issue.

Dilemma here, I have been offered an Everton ticket today, 5 times FV , I can't get one otherwise. What would you do?

I've followed Leicester since the 80s , and my first game was the Orient away when we got promoted as a kid.

I haven't had season ticket since after the first season at KP . But had one all during the 90 s and have been most grounds.

I think know the answer, but as a true fan , I want to be at the last home match this season . It's not the money that's an issue.

Follow your heart .....

as i walked up to my seat in C1 yesterday there was a guy stood at the exit to the tunnel stairs staring at a season card looking completly lost. if you dont know where you're sitting by now, then you need help. someone's sold their ST succesfully. 

Archived