Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

KEEP LEVEIN ..... SACK THE BOARD

OK, I am begging to everybody - PLEASE DON'T BE HARSH ON LEVEIN, HE IS GONNA SORT THIS TEAM OUT. I haven't yet attended a game this season but straight away there are two things I liked since I saw the team that he'd taken over.

1: Not long ball as much anymore

2: Getting rid of 'dead wood' players like Gemmill and Blake.

3. Signing Stephen Hughes from Rangers.

However, let's get rid of the current board - and let somebody like Engelbert Humperdinck or David Wilson - who builds houses - come in, splash the cash and ensure we stay in the Premiership. We must have a Steve Gibson or Dave Whelan out there somewhere !!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's just that I'm sure somebody who is a multi-millionaire could invest some of their own money into the club on the same scale as Middlesbrough or Wigan!!!

I am sure there is a Multi Millionaire out there who could inject his or her cash into the team, but to be fair at the moment the way we are performing would they really see it as a good investment?

OK, I am begging to everybody - PLEASE DON'T BE HARSH ON LEVEIN, HE IS GONNA SORT THIS TEAM OUT. I haven't yet attended a game this season but straight away there are two things I liked since I saw the team that he'd taken over.

1: Not long ball as much anymore

2: Getting rid of 'dead wood' players like Gemmill and Blake.

3. Signing Stephen Hughes from Rangers.

However, let's get rid of the current board - and let somebody like Engelbert Humperdinck or David Wilson - who builds houses - come in, splash the cash and ensure we stay in the Premiership. We must have a Steve Gibson or Dave Whelan out there somewhere !!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm sure the Foxes Trust will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Mr Humperdinck when asked said that he didn't want to invest in the club, and that David Wilson has contributed a little to the club but doesn't want to pour millions in (which is fair enough considering that investing in a football club is only profitable in terms of improved results for your beloved team, and if you aren't that passionate about them you'd probably prefer to keep your money).

I think the board are doing a reasonably good job. Tim Davies is available to talk to anyone who wants to talk to him, and he is desperate to make sure that the club lives within its means so that a repeat of a few years ago does not happen. They have given Levein all he has asked for, within reason, we've taken on quite a few new backroom staff, plus a lot of new players, we've revamped the youth setup (which while necessary for the footballing future of the club, must be a bit of a financial gamble at the moment). I'm actually surprised at the amount of money Levein has been allowed to spend (even before the Connolly transfer it was close to a million) and I applaud the board's stance on things like the money from cup games going straight to Levein.

I am sure there is a Multi Millionaire out there who could inject his or her cash into the team, but to be fair at the moment the way we are performing would they really see it as a good investment?

I am trying my hardest to be that "Multi Millionaire". ;):thumbup:

I'm sure the Foxes Trust will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Mr Humperdinck when asked said that he didn't want to invest in the club, and that David Wilson has contributed a little to the club but doesn't want to pour millions in (which is fair enough considering that investing in a football club is only profitable in terms of improved results for your beloved team, and if you aren't that passionate about them you'd probably prefer to keep your money).

I think the board are doing a reasonably good job. Tim Davies is available to talk to anyone who wants to talk to him, and he is desperate to make sure that the club lives within its means so that a repeat of a few years ago does not happen. They have given Levein all he has asked for, within reason, we've taken on quite a few new backroom staff, plus a lot of new players, we've revamped the youth setup (which while necessary for the footballing future of the club, must be a bit of a financial gamble at the moment). I'm actually surprised at the amount of money Levein has been allowed to spend (even before the Connolly transfer it was close to a million) and I applaud the board's stance on things like the money from cup games going straight to Levein.

Just to confirm you are correct Louise about both Humpy saying no & Wilson having a shareholding in the club but is hardly ever seen at games. We actually own £1,000 more shares than him. The budget approach is to ensure the club has a long term future (doing otherwise is what got us in a mess before).

LLF - Mega millionaire - dream on. If there was somebody there, the board would certainly listen

Mon 20 Jun 2005

LONDON (SHARECAST) - Just weeks after chairman and chief executive Charles Dunstone sold 6m shares in Carphone Warehouse, fellow co-founder of the group David Ross has followed suit.

Ross released 6m shares on Friday at 172p to raise over £10m. He still holds around 194m shares in the group, representing 22% of the equity.

The statement said Ross has no current intention to sell further shares in the company

I believe David Ross is one of the richest men in football and was about number 12 in the 442 rich list, he also owns shares in Leicester as he was part of Linekers takeover!!!

however it's no good just throwing money at something you need to be able to run a football club as a business which is hard for many passionate football fans to understand (including myself sometimes) for 99% of clubs in this country you can't spend more than you bring in otherwise it's administraion again

I believe David Ross is one of the richest men in football and was about number 12 in the 442 rich list, he also owns shares in Leicester as he was part of Linekers takeover!!!

however it's no good just throwing money at something you need to be able to run a football club as a business which is hard for many passionate football fans to understand (including myself sometimes) for 99% of clubs in this country you can't spend more than you bring in otherwise it's administraion again

David Ross owns about 15,000 more shares in the club than the Trust & is the 12th largest shareholder in the club, we are 13th.

Current board guilty of spin and ripping of fans tho. The bad ticket policy could also be blamed on the shortfall in attendances in turn causing less funding for the team.

Spin during the Mace era yes, but don't believe there has been much this season.

Suggest you pick up a current copy of the Fox Fanzine and read the interview with Tim Davies on the subject of ticket prices.

Archived