Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Chelsea v Tottenham

Reading this thread gives me goosebumps to this day. I'll never forget everything that happened the day we won it.

I was working in the CBD in Melbourne, waiting outside a worksite for work to start with a work mate in the car. It was about 6:30am pretty dark outside and continuously checking my phone for live updates on social media and looking for a decent stream that wasn't in a foreign language.

Tottenham up 2-nil and thought "well we'll just have to get the job done against Everton then." All of a sudden i get messages everywhere saying Chelsea scored and it's game on. That's when i got excited.

The sun started rising and all of a sudden i get more messages saying Hazard has scored an absolute gem of a goal. That moment i had no f**king idea what to do with myself. My work mate doesn't follow Football so he couldn't give a toss about what i was feeling at the time.

Next minute i get more messages saying "Congrats you Fox!" and so on.

I've never had a better day in my life than that. It was about 18-20 degrees, sunny, by 8am and we get let off work and paid four hour minimum. I messaged everyone that i had on Social Media who supports Leicester to see if they're down for drinks later that day, shattered that never eventuated.

But f**k me, i've never felt so happy in my entire life. I owe this Club everything and not even relegation, and then some, could wipe those memories and feelings from me.

Writing this put a smile on my face and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up when i recounted what happened that day. It's just unbelievable.

I owe this Club for that season. **** i love Leicester. 

Sorry for the long post guys, bit emotional haha :scarf:

Archived