Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Chelsea v Tottenham

does anyone else think spurs have been overrated as fuch this year? Their bench consists of mason, Njie, chadli tom Carroll? What a load of shite lol our squad is better then theirs lol

and they've bottled the big games when its mattered. Us, arsenal, west ham, West brom, Chelsea, etc.

just another muck team playing side ways passes, and full backs running about like headless chickens.

The only reason either team are near the top is purely because of the failures of the big teams.

It was a very different set of Leicester fans I spoke with last season following the 4-3 ding dong - and 10 years ago after knocking us out the FA cup.

There were a lot of empty seats that night - the same as when you played in the Championship when the club needed the support more than ever.

My absolute respect goes out to the fans that kept rolling in to the ground each week during that part of your clubs history. They are the spirit of the game - and the ones I came here to send my congratulations to.

You may well have been one of these - but a sniff of glory can be intoxicating as displayed by pretty much all football fans irrespective of club preference.

At the last international break I was really excited about the Spurs and Leicester players taking us into the Euros.. Now I wonder will they bicker internally and create cliques like previous England squads?

I'm happy for Leicester - I'm happy for Spurs - but the title is now decided.. What's the point in a rivalry or holding grudges with a team that were merely chasing their own fairy tale?

Don't let hate taint your moment of glory. Regardless of the result you have to be respectful of your opponent.. (unless they chant racist or anti semitic abuse of course.)

Have they been charged with "failing to control their players"? If not then we should have our fine rescinded .

Not hard to see why Spurs fell short - the morgue like atmosphere throughout the WBA home game and the way that the whole team lost the plot v Chelsea and their fans stopped cheering them on shows exactly why the supporters must get behind a side to instil belief and winning mentality

I think they'll finish 3rd anyway. Mark my words, Spurs won't win again this season and Arsenal will pip them to 2nd.

You may be right, of course. With the pressure of the title chase now off, they might be able to play to their strengths again though. If they have any players left, mind

• 1 month later...

Must have watched that Hazard goal hundreds of times already.

Me too - and always starting from the sensational Kante-style tackle by Oscar on Kane that started it. They usually cut that bit out (even on the original MOTD highlights) but they shouldn't because it was one of the great moments of the season. Can anyone find a clip that includes the tackle ??  

• 1 month later...

BUMP. 

Bit bored at work so thought I would relive that wonderful moment from Hazard. Going through this thread again brings back incredible memories of that amazing night. 

Have a a quick read to remind yourselves of that wonderful night

On 2 May 2016 at 21:35, peterborofox said:

Costa and Hazard link up play around box is so poor

:scarf:

On 3 May 2016 at 11:20, Bellend Sebastian said:

Do you know what I'll remember about this season?  That Spurs side that finished second.

LOLZ etc

What Spurs side was that? lol

9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

BUMP. 

Bit bored at work so thought I would relive that wonderful moment from Hazard. Going through this thread again brings back incredible memories of that amazing night. 

Have a a quick read to remind yourselves of that wonderful night

Oh, and thanks for ruining an early night lol

• 2 weeks later...

Every so often I like to re visit this thread. I will never forget that night. When the final whistle went I was hugging my son, crying with joy for myself and for him. 

EDIT: Would like to view the corresponding thread on the Spurs forum. Best grab the popcorn first!

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Just brought everything flooding back. So many tears that night, incredible scenes. 

Is is it possible to archive this thread?

It's incredible isn't it. The Spurs meltdown was brilliant. They really lost the plot. It's all history now, and i think we would have won anyway, but they should have closed this game out at 2-0 up. 

Archived