Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

We haven't won anything yet.

We've averaged 2.17ppg all season, taking seven from the reverse fixtures. To take the two points required for Spurs to even have a shout requires a 70% drop in form playing against a Man utd side that are erratic at best, a poor everton side (not having this good side shite, their star centre back is just sol bamba with an English name) and a chelsea side who have stopped caring and want us to win the league. Us only taking those two points is pretty inconceivable, our fixtures are actually pretty good and we've shown no signs of choking.

It's not mathethically done, but realistically it's just when, not if.

Pretty much. People are looking at the names of the clubs we'll play and that's getting them worried. I understand it; it's just years of conditioning. But we are better than all of them. We're top, and well clear of all our remaining opponents. The only danger I can see is that our players get a bit panicked at being so close. I can't see it though; they've got results when under pressure before.

Of our remaining games the only one I could see us losing is tomorrow, narrrowly. United's home form is very good. Lots of narrow wins and clean sheets. That said, they've faced some pretty average opponents and they're by no means unbeatable at Old Trafford these days. A goal to either team will probably do it. The other two games are against midtable sides with nothing to play for. We've been putting sides like them away all season and we'll do so again. We'll get six points minimum from our remaning games, unless we win it tomorrow and the players turn up to the rest half pissed like they did against Brighton a couple of years back.

We've averaged 2.17ppg all season, taking seven from the reverse fixtures. To take the two points required for Spurs to even have a shout requires a 70% drop in form playing against a Man utd side that are erratic at best, a poor everton side (not having this good side shite, their star centre back is just sol bamba with an English name) and a chelsea side who have stopped caring and want us to win the league. Us only taking those two points is pretty inconceivable, our fixtures are actually pretty good and we've shown no signs of choking.

It's not mathethically done, but realistically it's just when, not if.

We have Man Utd & Chelsea away.

If we don't beat Everton at home then it's 50/50 at best we get 3pts.

Us taking 7pts in the reverse fixtures means absolutely nothing, we have two away games against two of the biggest clubs in the world. It may be just a matter of time in your world but in mine there is still a lot to be done. Of course I think we'll do it but it's not a case of "when, not if" as you say.

I wonder how people will react next  Saturday evening if the next three results are this?

Man Utd 2 Leicester 1

Chelsea 0 Tottenham 1

Leicester 1 Everton 1

I hope the players aren't as complacent as some of our fans who expect things will just fall in our laps.

Us taking 7pts in the reverse fixtures means absolutely nothing, we have two away games against two of the biggest clubs in the world. It may be just a matter of time in your world but in mine there is still a lot to be done. Of course I think we'll do it but it's not a case of "when, not if" as you say.

I wonder how people will react next  Saturday evening if the next three results are this?

Man Utd 2 Leicester 1

Chelsea 0 Tottenham 1

Leicester 1 Everton 1

I hope the players aren't as complacent as some of our fans who expect things will just fall in our laps.

I totally agree with you mate but there's no point keep arguing about it. Lets just hope we're not right.

I totally agree with you mate but there's no point keep arguing about it. Lets just hope we're not right.

I'll be happily ridiculed for the rest of the year if we win it tomorrow.  :D

Doesn't mean to say I wasn't right though.  ;)

Man Utd 2 Leicester 1

Chelsea 0 Tottenham 1

Leicester 1 Everton 1

And? Man Utd aren't the force they were under fergie, and chelsea have given up for the season. For Spurs to even have a shout, we can only take 0.6...ppg, having taken 2.17ppg so far this season. This is against three sides who aren't the threat they seemed at the start of the season. It may not be mathematically done, but only the most ridiculous pessimist would claim us losing it from here is realistic.

And? Man Utd aren't the force they were under fergie, and chelsea have given up for the season. For Spurs to even have a shout, we can only take 0.6...ppg, having taken 2.17ppg so far this season. This is against three sides who aren't the threat they seemed at the start of the season. It may not be mathematically done, but only the most ridiculous pessimist would claim us losing it from here is realistic.

Forget about ppg, it's far too small a sample size with three games left this season. Tossing a coin 35 times then you expect it to be heads 10-25 times but tossing a coin three times can easily be zero.

Man Utd and Chelsea aren't the force this season they once were but I doubt they'll be wanting nothing but a win when a club like Leicester rocks up on their home patch. Both clubs still are riddled with £40m players.

I've said before on this thread that I think we have a great chance of winning the title but we still can realistically lose it from here, failure to accept that as a fact is just delusion.

The Doctor, on 30 Apr 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:

You can lay Spurs at 15/1 for plenty as we speak. I can only assume given your last sentence you've begged, borrowed and stolen in order to lay them. To say only the most ridiculous pessimist would claim us losing it from here is realistic is a very stupid statement. 15/1 shots are succeeding in all sports every week. There is still work to be done before this particular 15/1 is beaten.

Forget about ppg, it's far too small a sample size with three games left this season. Tossing a coin 35 times then you expect it to be heads 10-25 times but tossing a coin three times can easily be zero.

Man Utd and Chelsea aren't the force this season they once were but I doubt they'll be wanting nothing but a win when a club like Leicester rocks up on their home patch. Both clubs still are riddled with £40m players.

I've said before on this thread that I think we have a great chance of winning the title but we still can realistically lose it from here, failure to accept that as a fact is just delusion.

No we can't, we can lose it from here, but realistically we won't. 7 points clear with 9 points to play for, thinking we'll lose it from here is not realistic. It's possible but only the most optimistic of spurs fans would look at it as probable. 

You can lay Spurs at 15/1 for plenty as we speak. I can only assume given your last sentence you've begged, borrowed and stolen in order to lay them. To say only the most ridiculous pessimist would claim us losing it from here is realistic is a very stupid statement. 15/1 shots are succeeding in all sports every week. There is still work to be done before this particular 15/1 is beaten.

It's not realistic though is it - realism is putting your beliefs in proportion with the evidence and probability. Optimism and pessimism is ignoring the evidence and probability in two different ways: the former thinks the probability is higher than it is, the latter lower than it is. All the evidence points to us winning it - as far as I recall no team even before the premier league era (so, since it became 3 points for a win) has turned around a 7 point deficit in 3 games, our form is far higher than the necessary form to see it through from here. If you want to talk odds, we're 1/33 on in some places, with the longest price on us being 1/16 on. We could mathematically still lose it from here, but being realistic you'd have to say we'll win it.

Leicester were 5000-1 to win the league. What do odds prove?

Archived