Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gerrbrand back for the Reserves

>OS

Gerrbrand Returns For Reserves 0,,10274%7E2714406,00.jpgLeicester City's reserve team travel to face Ipswich on Wednesday evening with Patrik Gerrbrand set to make his comeback from injury.

The Swedish defender, who came to City in July of this year from Hammarby, has been sidelined for almost a month with damage to his ankle picked up in the Foxes' 3-0 Carling Cup victory at Bury.

The starting line-up also includes Ashley Chambers fresh from making his first team debut at the Walkers Stadium last night (Tuesday).

At 15 years 203 days old, his substitute appearance in the Carling Cup tie with Blackpool made Chambers the youngest ever player for Leicester City.

The young striker will now be hoping to repeat his goalscoring exploits from last week's game against Watford, as the reserves look to complete back-to-back wins.

CITY: Logan, Magunda, Gilbert, Gerrbrand, Norval, King, Wykes, Chambers, Porter, McKay, Trialist

Subs: Pentley, Lycett, Rochester, Tejan-Sie, Goodwin

Good to see Gerrbrand back in action. :thumbup:

Indeed. He was running around a lot during Monday's training session (jogging at good pace at the very least), so I was wondering why he hadn't been back yet. Looks like this game is a bit of a test after which he's probably going to be back?!?! :cool:

CITY: Logan, Magunda, Gilbert, Gerrbrand, Norval, King, Wykes, Chambers, Porter, McKay, Trialist

Anybody know who the trialist and some of the other players are, cos i've never really heard of some of them.

>OS

I've noticed Magunda's been starting for the reserves regularly now. Has anyone noticed him for the reserves? He was the other one called up for the England youths alongside Chambers if I remember right (he didn't play though, 'only' sat on the bench)...

I've noticed Magunda's been starting for the reserves regularly now. Has anyone noticed him for the reserves? He was the other one called up for the England youths alongside Chambers if I remember right (he didn't play though, 'only' sat on the bench)...

If you mean the under 17's he played in the 4 games in Iceland, I haven't checked the others

Iceland

4 Caps & 1 goal

From the Ipswich OS. :(

Town 1 Leicester 0

A first-half goal from Liam Trotter gave Town reserves victory over Leicester at Portman Road.

The midfielder took a pass from Jimmy Juan inside the Foxes' box and fired diagonally across goal and into the net.

James Krause twice went close to adding to the scoreline, heading Liam Craig's free-kick just wide on 26 minutes, then repeating the effort just past the half hour mark from a Craig corner.

Town dominated possession in the first-half with some neat interplay in midfield and 'keeper Shane Supple's excellent distribution also providing another source of attack.

Billy Clarke continued his comeback from knee ligament surgery with his first run out for the reserves this season, coming on as a second-half sub on the hour.

The Republic of Ireland international linked up well with fellow substitute Darryl Knights on 85 minutes, almost bringing a chance then showed great skills a minute later before firing just wide.

Scott Mitchell also returned to action for Steve McCall's side, playing the last 10 minutes as he recovers from ankle surgery.

Town boss Joe Royle was at Portman Road to see the game and said: "It was a terrific performance from the youngsters.

"James Krause had an outstanding game and didn't put a foot wrong all night.

"Scott Barron and Chris Casement also did well with Dean McDonald looking very lively in the first-half."

Source

No mention of gerrbrand (anyone know his nickname?), which means he didnt agrevate his injury, and wasnt responsible for the goal.

This seems to be the report from the Ipswich site, so i wouldn't hold your breath just yet.

Indeed. He was running around a lot during Monday's training session (jogging at good pace at the very least), so I was wondering why he hadn't been back yet. Looks like this game is a bit of a test after which he's probably going to be back?!?! :cool:

Cisono, you seem to go to lots of the training sessions, don't you have a job or some form of education to attend during the week? :)

You don't have to answer that but I'd be interested to know what days the lads train at Belvoir Drive now. The club really started to mess us around at the end of last season when they put a sign up outside the gates saying no spectators allowed to watch training on Tuesdays or Fridays but failed to let us know before we got to Belvoir Drive. Is that still the case this season and do they still train at Loughborough Uni for one day a week?

Anybody know who the trialist and some of the other players are, cos i've never really heard of some of them.

I was told by someone that Levein didn't feel there were enough players in some of the age groups due to cutbacks in past seasons and so he brought in a lot of trialists during the summer. Not sure if all of the players that previously were unheard of have only just been brought into the club or whether they've been here in past season in lower age brackets.

From the City OS. ;):thumbup:

Gerrbrand Plus In Reserves Defeat

Patrick Gerrbrand made a successful return from an ankle injury as the reserves went down 1-0 to Ipswich Town at Portman Road on Wednesday evening.

The Swedish defender picked up the knock in Leicester's 3-0 Carling Cup second round win over Bury last month.

But Gerrbrand, who was tracked for a number of years by City boss Craig Levein before making the switch from Sweden to England over the summer, took a major step forward on his quest back to full fitness with a 90-minute outing.

Peter Gilbert, who signed for the Foxes for an undisclosed fee from Plymouth during the close season, also came through the game unscathed and both defenders will now be looking to push for a first team place ahead of upcoming games against QPR and Brighton.

Youngster Ashley Chambers, who had made history the night before by becoming Leicester youngest ever first team player at the age of just 15, partnered Max Graben in attack as the Foxes looked to make it back-to-back wins following their 2-0 win over Watford last week.

But the home side would take the spoils on the night, leaving coach Kenny Black to ponder over a mixed evening.

He said: "It was great to see Patrik Gerrbrand get 90 minutes of action under his belt because he has had a frustrating time with us since joining the club over the summer.

"It's been good to have him back training with the first team again and tonight's game was another step in the right direction for him.

"His ankle felt a little tender towards the end of the game, but he will be ok.

"But both Peter (Houston) and myself were disappointed with the overall performance of the team. We created a couple of chances in the second period but it just wasn't to be.

"We have to remember the age of the team because only Peter Gilbert and Patrik were over the age of 19. The pitch at Portman Road was magnificent and these games are a good experience for the younger players.

"Ashley Chambers has had a pretty hectic couple of days after making his first team debut last night. He's going in the right direction and we will keep prodding him along the right path."

CITY: Logan, Magunda (Lycett 45), Gerrbrand, Norval, Gilbert, King (Trialist 55), Wykes, Chambers, Porter, McKay, Graban (Tejan-Sie 65)

Source

Cisono, you seem to go to lots of the training sessions, don't you have a job or some form of education to attend during the week? smile.png

You don't have to answer that but I'd be interested to know what days the lads train at Belvoir Drive now. The club really started to mess us around at the end of last season when they put a sign up outside the gates saying no spectators allowed to watch training on Tuesdays or Fridays but failed to let us know before we got to Belvoir Drive. Is that still the case this season and do they still train at Loughborough Uni for one day a week?

I only occasionally go to the training sessions, but - yes - I have been making the most of the summer, with both its time off and the nice weather. Wouldn't you if you could? :D

The sign currently says no spectators on Fridays. Also, last time we talked about this on here, someone said they were at Loughborough on Thursdays. As to the rest of the week, it seems to depend on fixtures and other random events... (last minute training decisions etc). In other words, there is no guarantee that they will be there.

Hope this helps. :)

I only occasionally go to the training sessions, but - yes - I have been making the most of the summer, with both its time off and the nice weather. Wouldn't you if you could? :D

The sign currently says no spectators on Fridays. Also, last time we talked about this on here, someone said they were at Loughborough on Thursdays. As to the rest of the week, it seems to depend on fixtures and other random events... (last minute training decisions etc). In other words, there is no guarantee that they will be there.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks, it sort of does. I usually go down there a lot during holidays but I didn't get down at all this pre-season due to the move to the uni. It's very annoying when I walk from the train station to Belvoir Drive only to find out that the players have been given the week off to rest up or they've decided to train behind closed doors at Filbert Way. I do like it there though. Nice to be around the players when they're relaxed and joking around. The only problem of going during the holidays is all the little local chavs come out to play, their games involved nicking the players boots from the washing skips. Luckily I was there to get a pair of predators and Nike Mercurials back for the players! :P

Good to hear that Gerrbrand completed the full 90 minutes with little problems. He looked an accomplished defender in his short time vs Bury, albeit against League 2 opposition. Hopefully he can push McCarthy for a first team place, who hasn't convinced me this season yet...

If you mean the under 17's he played in the 4 games in Iceland, I haven't checked the others

Iceland

4 Caps & 1 goal

Indeed you're right...don't know where I got that from :huh: Apparently Magunda was captain aswell in the game against Ireland :thumbup:

Gilbert, Sheehan, Stearman, Wesolowski, Chambers, Hume, Magunda, Porter... things are looking good for the years ahead :D

Indeed you're right...don't know where I got that from :huh: Apparently Magunda was captain aswell in the game against Ireland :thumbup:

Gilbert, Sheehan, Stearman, Wesolowski, Chambers, Hume, Magunda, Porter... things are looking good for the years ahead :D

Add Hughes and Paddy in there aswell that are both only 22 and we're looking good in the youth department. I still think Dodds has potential to make it, he just needs a chance.

Pleased Totte played 90 mins, he looked class when I saw him against Inter and I think he'll improve our team immensly. He likes to pass the ball out of defence even when under pressure and that's what we need so we can get Hughes and Williams on the ball.

I wonder if Chambers had many chances last night? It's a shame we haven't got a stronger reserve team so that he would get better service and scores a shit load for the ressies.

Archived