Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FNQ

Levein out?

Levein out?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Levein out?

• Yes
    • No

I voted 'No' how ridiculous to want to sack Levein right now when hes not even scratched the tip of the iceberg in terms of what needs to be done with the club. Quick fixes solve absolutely nothing in the long term, im actually sick to death of saying this now but still the debate rumbles on, when will we learn that good things come to those who wait? I may be frustrated beyond belief at the moment but I still have the same confidence in Levein as I did the day he walked into the Walkers.

Word of advice though CL, sort the tactics out ay?

You are so right it hurts.

The fact this question is even being posed is an absolute disgrace. I advise anyone who has viewed this post to avoid it from now on as to draw attention to a poll such as this would be inexcusable. CL has had 12 months in the job and to start questioning whether he is the right man at this stage is simply pathetic. These people need to go and support a Chelsea or Grays as the reality is that with little money building a progressive team takes a lot of time. Do you see Norwich fans calling for Nigel Worthington's head and calling time on games simply because they have had a sluggish start? No. 26,000 at Carrow Road on Saturday and their match day prices rival ours.

Heres an idea, lets have a new system of management whereby we appoint an 'annual manager' that can lift the spirits in the short-term and then be farmed out to pastures new when they dare to seek some stability. Fickleness has just taken another worrying turn.

I have unfortunately. :(;):rolleyes::angry::ph34r:

I voted No, but not yet. One thing we have to remember is that LCFC is a business after all, even though it’s a passion to us supporters, the board wants to make money and not loose it, now the long and short of it is, for the club to make money then they need ‘bums on seats’ (extra gate receipts and more people to buy cold pies and crappy lager at half time) but the upsetting thing is, because of the way we are playing at the moment, people just won’t part with their hard earned cash to come and see it.

Now I always try to post constructive comments and not slag people off, I firmly believe we should back the manager regardless but (here’s my dilemma about being constrictive) I’m beginning to have my doubts about “C L“. In my opinion, and please if anyone thinks what I am about to say is complete and utter tosh then reply and tell me why, this is a forum, and it’s that it’s designed for.

The impression I get when I go to the matches is that I don’t know what to expect, I had a conversation with a lad on the way do to the ground as I came out of the pub and posed this question to him “ Go on them mate who do you think will be in the starting line up but more importantly in what formation and who will be in those positions†I was answered with an “errr- god knows but I could tell you a season or so back†Now I personally would like to see “C L†stick to a formation and keep the same personnel , not play Maybury right back one week (undoubtedly his best position) then move him to the left the next week, play Hughes in his correct position not out on the right wing for instance, this constant shifting of players about and changing of formations IMO is bad for the team, some players just look lost “as things have changed from last week†partnerships in midfield, defence or even up front need to, now I am going to use that nasty word “gel†to get the best out of them, this inconsistency of team selections, formations etc is hurting us, I say the same old question of how can 20000 of us supporters seem to see it and the management team appear so blind?

Please Craig do what quite a lot of other managers do, stick to what works and ‘If it ante broke- don’t try and fix it’

The fact this question is even being posed is an absolute disgrace. I advise anyone who has viewed this post to avoid it from now on as to draw attention to a poll such as this would be inexcusable. CL has had 12 months in the job and to start questioning whether he is the right man at this stage is simply pathetic. These people need to go and support a Chelsea or Grays as the reality is that with little money building a progressive team takes a lot of time. Do you see Norwich fans calling for Nigel Worthington's head and calling time on games simply because they have had a sluggish start? No. 26,000 at Carrow Road on Saturday and their match day prices rival ours.

Heres an idea, lets have a new system of management whereby we appoint an 'annual manager' that can lift the spirits in the short-term and then be farmed out to pastures new when they dare to seek some stability. Fickleness has just taken another worrying turn.

Population 1 - it would help if you did a bit of research before making sweeping statements like that.

I'm not surprised that Norwich fans are calling for Worthington's head - he's got one of the best squads in this division and how they aren't near the top of the division is quite unbelievable. Just because 26000 people went to Carrow Road it doesn't mean they never question Worthington's management.

The people that want Levein out are in the minority and I can understand (Although I don't agree with) their views. How much improvement have we seen on the pitch in the last year? Results are the same, we still concede silly goals and don't score many at our end. That's why people are questioning the manager.

Fair point Amish, all I am trying to say is that if every set of fans were to round on their manager due to soft goals being given away then 20 Championship clubs would be calling for their repsective managers heads at the moment. Its a fact of life that you are going to give away soft goals at times, the trick is to try to avoid being placed in the situations upon which you can lose daft goals. That is, avoid giving away daft free-kicks in and around the box. We gave away daft goals in MON's era, they are going to happen. I would just like to see them happen slightly less often at the moment!

I also think you are being harsh on Nigel Worthington. In Damien Francis he lost his best player from last season and we all know how that can affect a team....remember Neil Lennon anyone?

I will endeavour to conduct further research on the subject of Norwich fans and their apparent disapproval of their manger next time before I make such a scandalous comment. Thanks for the pointer Amish.

Fair point Amish, all I am trying to say is that if every set of fans were to round on their manager due to soft goals being given away then 20 Championship clubs would be calling for their repsective managers heads at the moment. Its a fact of life that you are going to give away soft goals at times, the trick is to try to avoid being placed in the situations upon which you can lose daft goals. That is, avoid giving away daft free-kicks in and around the box. We gave away daft goals in MON's era, they are going to happen. I would just like to see them happen slightly less often at the moment!

I also think you are being harsh on Nigel Worthington. In Damien Francis he lost his best player from last season and we all know how that can affect a team....remember Neil Lennon anyone?

I will endeavour to conduct further research on the subject of Norwich fans and their apparent disapproval of their manger next time before I make such a scandalous comment. Thanks for the pointer Amish.

It's Anish :thumbup:

I'll hold my hands up and say that when we appointed Levein I thought he'd take us places, infact the only manager I wasn't excited about was Dave Bassett. I seem to recall I was fairly happy with Taylor being appointed, you'd think i'd learn.

Levein deserves more time, purely because he's trying to build something here. If he was offering us nothing but short fixes like Adams then i'd ship him out as results wise he's not made us any better. But there are plenty of positives that he's bought to this club and all we are asking for is improvement each season. If we aren't improving after this season then yes, perhaps we need to accept that his method's aren't working and we've wasted a couple of years but when a manager is prepared to completely re-build something it would be suicidal to destroy it by getting rid of him a quarter way though the process.

I'm not happy with the way things are going, but getting rid isn't the answer at present.

I'll hold my hands up and say that when we appointed Levein I thought he'd take us places, infact the only manager I wasn't excited about was Dave Bassett. I seem to recall I was fairly happy with Taylor being appointed, you'd think i'd learn.

Levein deserves more time, purely because he's trying to build something here. If he was offering us nothing but short fixes like Adams then i'd ship him out as results wise he's not made us any better. But there are plenty of positives that he's bought to this club and all we are asking for is improvement each season. If we aren't improving after this season then yes, perhaps we need to accept that his method's aren't working and we've wasted a couple of years but when a manager is prepared to completely re-build something it would be suicidal to destroy it by getting rid of him a quarter way though the process.

I'm not happy with the way things are going, but getting rid isn't the answer at present.

spot on, i'd prefer to get rid of FNQ for starting such a poll

FNQ OUT? anyone

We cannot get rid of Craig Levein. He is a brilliant manager and things are going to get better. Stupid poll and stupid post. We shouldn't even be thinking about it. Obviously the person who started this poll is blind or deaf. Levein has said that his plan is long term not a short fix. He needs a long time to do a long term plan. Things are getting better under Levein.

It baffles me when I hear people calling Levein a 'brilliant' manager. While I support what he's attempting to do, there is no justification in claiming that yet. He's done nothing so far except for reducing the wage bill (Which any manager would have been asked to do) and rebuild a younger squad. Results wise, it is no better. Performance wise, it is better, but not by much...

He needs time and every fan should give him that.

It baffles me when I hear people calling Levein a 'brilliant' manager. While I support what he's attempting to do, there is no justification in claiming that yet. He's done nothing so far except for reducing the wage bill (Which any manager would have been asked to do) and rebuild a younger squad. Results wise, it is no better. Performance wise, it is better, but not by much...

Spot on! I think he will turn out to be an OK manager and he may get us to the Premiership through the play-offs,but brilliant he ain't!

If there's any truth in the rumours on foxfanzine then time will not be given.

If there's any truth in the rumours on foxfanzine then time will not be given.

The problem is this:

If he is on a three year plan,then we are just looking to consolidate our position in the league this season,and hopefully push for promotion next season.

Unfortunately this doesn't hold with some of the fans and as soon as attendances start to fall the board need to do something to get the gates back up.

How do most boards do that? They sack the manager! Now rightly or wrongly thats business.

So if you want CL to stay you gotta support him and attend the matches.

as attendances start to fall the board need to do something to get the gates back up.

How do most boards do that? They sack the manager! Now rightly or wrongly thats business.

You cannot blame him for the loss of gates... the trend is the same around the country.

Plus i have never heard of teams sacking managers to get bigger gates. Do you actually think getting a new manager will suddenly get 5000 people back in the doors???

Yeah from GTFox the font of all knowledge... NOT!

Haha I know, the chap has got one thing right out of about 25 rumours he's posted on there in the past few months. I'd be very surprised if any of it is true let alone all of it.

The one thing that does worry me is the fact that Levein won't take alot of shit and if he's unhappy and the fans are then he'll bail.

You cannot blame him for the loss of gates... the trend is the same around the country.

Plus i have never heard of teams sacking managers to get bigger gates. Do you actually think getting a new manager will suddenly get 5000 people back in the doors???

So your saying that if we were top of the league we'd be getting the same gates? Bollocks! You can stick another 3000-5000 on our average thats a guarantee.

Sacking your manager may not get you higher gates but it will stop them getting any lower!

So your saying that if we were top of the league we'd be getting the same gates? Bollocks! You can stick another 3000-5000 on our average thats a guarantee.

Sacking your manager may not get you higher gates but it will stop them getting any lower!

Errrm hello.... so your saying a new manager guarantees us better results then??? And it guarantees we will be top of the league?? Cuckoo.

Archived