Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ithuriel

Star Wars

55 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Sorry if question been asked. I have all films released to date. Wife has never watched any. What is the best order to watch them in if doing so over a week or two ? As released or as numbered ? 

IV, V, VI then VII. Then put I, II and III in the bin in that order.

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Sorry if question been asked. I have all films released to date. Wife has never watched any. What is the best order to watch them in if doing so over a week or two ? As released or as numbered ? 

If you really want to watch all of them... IV, V, I, II, III, VI, VII

Especially if your wife doesn't know who Luke's father is.

49 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

You've got to put Rogue One somewhere in the top 3 imo.  Brilliant film.

Empire strikes back, Return of the Jedi, Rogue one, A new hope, Force Awakens. In that order but all great films, the other three are not even watchable.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Empire strikes back, Return of the Jedi, Rogue one, A new hope, Force Awakens. In that order but all great films, the other three are not even watchable.

I'll go with that.  The first film is a total disaster, even without Binks in it, until the final act involving Darth Maul, which in itself is still a let down as the character was totally underused throughout.  The second one was a mess, agreed there as well.  The whole General Grievous thing was daft.  The third one I think is watchable, I enjoyed it on the big screen, opening night, maybe it was the atmosphere in the place, but I really enjoyed it.  The closing act with the molten lava was really well done and made up for all the garbage that preceded it in the previous films.

45 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'll go with that.  The first film is a total disaster, even without Binks in it, until the final act involving Darth Maul, which in itself is still a let down as the character was totally underused throughout.  The second one was a mess, agreed there as well.  The whole General Grievous thing was daft.  The third one I think is watchable, I enjoyed it on the big screen, opening night, maybe it was the atmosphere in the place, but I really enjoyed it.  The closing act with the molten lava was really well done and made up for all the garbage that preceded it in the previous films.

I remember vividly watching empire strikes back on tv Christmas Day when I was 7 or 8 and my mind was just blown. I just cannot see any of the prequels doing justice to any upcoming young Star Wars fans. Which is why I'm delighted these new films are up there with the originals in quality.

21 minutes ago, separator said:

I remember seeing Return Of The Jedi at the Melton Regal cinema back in the day. That speeder chase through the Endor forest blew my mind. Looks great even to this day.

Return of the Jedi is still my favorite. I loved it so much I even collected the Panini sticker album :D

Image result for return of the jedi sticker album

The last time I watched Return of the Jedi, all I could notice was how much of it was (badly) green screened. And the Ewoks.. eh. All it really does for me is end the trilogy.

I think New Hope is better, The Force Awakens too probably, haven't seen Rouge One.

Archived