Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

4411, Anyone?

Right things are really bad, players out of form, can't do the basics, and we keep pissing about with formations and tinkering, players in one week, out the next.

If you were the manager, what would you do? For me, maybe away from home we need 3 in the middle, to try and get some sort of result. But as it seems we (Claudio) are all out of ideas. How about we pick a formation at home and stick with it it using the same players, the way we played at Derby for example was ideal for a target man, yes I know, we didn't have one playing, but Albrighton was so much better on the Right and put some lovely balls into the box, shame it was only Vardy in the box.

So for me I'd be looking at something like this once Amartey is back

Kasper

Simpson

Huth

Amartey

Chillwell

Albrighton

N'didi

Drinky

Gray

Mahrez

Slim/Leo (if he ever want's to play again)

I'm sure we all have our opinions, but I'd like to see Amartey tried at centre half, after all he can't do much worse than the current pairing, I still think Huth could offer a lot if he had some legs alongside him, after all he made Morgan look good for 18 months.

Playing Mahrez in the whole frees him from as much defensive work, I'm not sure it's his best position but we a desperate for some sort of spark, and as I say if Albrighton can actually cross the ball from his correct foot and away from the keeper, instead of having to cut back, we may get the best out of Slim.

If we actually have a footing in the game in gives the chance for Vardy and Musa so come on and stretch the opposition late on.

Just wondering what other people would be trying if they had the chance.

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Genuinely don't think it mattershow we set up. The fundamentals just aren't there! You can carry a couple of players through bad form but not 8 or 9 in a starting line up

This. 

It's about time we stopped the nonsense about formations. It won't make a jot of difference. We've tried every permutation and ended up back at 4-4-2 which the players were supposedly "comfortable" with, and we were still churning out the same s**t, week in, week out.

The problems lie with the players, that much is clear.

Guest CityFan 06

I think 4-4-1-1 at the moment, is our best formation/system. However, I still feel 4-3-3 could play a part in some games. 

19 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Genuinely don't think it mattershow we set up. The fundamentals just aren't there! You can carry a couple of players through bad form but not 8 or 9 in a starting line up

Partly agree. But if we start by helping them. Ie mahrez not having to defend. Albrighton not playing on the wrong side wasting any ability he actually has which is basically crossing. Inverted wingers may work to a point but not when 1 can't beat a player and has to cut back to cross towards the keepers hands for example.

Changing up the cb pairing as well has to at least be tried because the current 2 are pish at the moment.

3-5-1-1

Kasper

Amartey Huth Wes
Albrighton Papy Drinky N'Didi Chilwell
Mahrez
Slim

I'd drop Simpson & Fuchs - both are too slow.
I'd ****ing pack the backline by putting Amarety in there and ensure Papy & N'Didi get back in there to help defend.  I'd make us really hard to break down - both down the middle and down the flanks.
I need Drinky as my central playmaker.
I need Albrighton & Chilwell to both get up & down all game crossing balls into Slim, and getting stuck in defensively.
I need Mahrez to work his little magical Algerian toddler bollox off.
And I need Slim to get me at least one headed goal per game.

Of course, though, we'll line up 4-4-2 from now until we get relegated.  The midfield 2 will be altered every game.  There will be no consistency, but plenty of hoof balls to Vardy who won't chase them.
Ranieri will continue to tell us a few things... (1) We need 40 points.  (2) We need to fight.  (3) We need to stick together.  (4) We need to 'react' after losing.

its not formations that is the problem 

just tell fuchs and simpson to stop leaving huge gaps down their wings and to actually chase back like last season 

let huth and morgan start pushing and pulling again and hope we get away with it 

tell vardy to stop moaning about not being given service and actually make runs this season into space like last season and to also be aggresive and chase the ball down , 

tell mahrez hes a shit defender so no point coming back and to just stay on the half way line 

i honestley think the only way out of this now is pure counter attack and taking risks with speed and power 

id play 4-2-3-1 

with drinky and ndidi in cdm roles 

amertey and huth at the back 

musa,mahrez and gray playing behind vardy 

I know the players believe in this formation but it hasn't worked in this league apart from when Kante was here. He was that good he won the ball back and linked the midfield and attack together with his surging runs. It's hard to understand why we haven't signed a proper number 10 in 4/5 windows when this has been our main formation, just forces us to play long balls, now more than ever.

Doesn't matter what we do. Formations don't win games. 

Players aren't good enough, don't look interested and the manager doesn't seem to be able to motivate them.

That's exactly what we played isn't it?

I don't know why we abonded 4-3-3 so quickly after we tried it. A win at Everton and a draw against Middlesbrough is no disaster, yet into the tip it went.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Doesn't matter what we do. Formations don't win games. 

Players aren't good enough, don't look interested and the manager doesn't seem to be able to motivate them.

The way the team is set up has an impact on how players link up, what kind of chances are created and what kind of shape the team slides into when it's defending.

Formations are one of the factors that affect the outcome of a match.

4 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

The way the team is set up has an impact on how players link up, what kind of chances are created and what kind of shape the team slides into when it's defending.

Formations are one of the factors that affect the outcome of a match.

No they don't. I hear all this "ohh he can't play that formation". Load of shite... A good player fits in anywhere when required.

I've seen many managers - most of which among the best including Clough, Shankly - tell us how formations mean nothing. And they should know best.

Football is analysed way too much these days and has led to this. Guardiola at Manchester City is a perfect example of just over complicating everything... Get the basics right and you're sorted.

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No they don't. I hear all this "ohh he can't play that formation". Load of shite... A good player fits in anywhere when required.

I've seen many managers - most of which among the best including Clough, Shankly - tell us how formations mean nothing. And they should know best.

Football is analysed way too much these days and has led to this. Guardiola at Manchester City is a perfect example of just over complicating everything... Get the basics right and you're sorted.

Tactics can be over done, yes, but it's a fallacy to say that because you can have too much of something you should throw it out altogether.

Tactical decisions like playing Okazaki as a supporting forward, having attacking fullbacks or ones that stay back, playing with an extra CM in tough away games do make a difference.

Archived