Tielemans63 Posted 23 February 2017 Posted 23 February 2017 I'm not going to lie, I thought Claudio had lost the plot with some of his decisions this season. That said, I'm absolutely gutted for him. He has been totally shafted by his players - players whose families are all that bit richer (like they need it) thanks to him. Players whose reputations burgeoned thanks to him. Players who have tasted success they could never have dreamt of, thanks to him. Players who he has never criticised publically despite their pathetic efforts this season. It's Claudio who has gone but I hope every single one of them has the humility to a feel a bit shit about what has happened to a very honourable and decent man. Nowhere and no-one to hide behind now lads.
Danizen Posted 23 February 2017 Posted 23 February 2017 They had one of the nicest, most charming blokes in football managing them to incredible feats and they spat in his face and walked all over him. They deserve an absolute cvnt as a replacement. The ideal candidate would be a cross between Felix Magath and Josef Stalin
TrentFox Posted 23 February 2017 Posted 23 February 2017 What the players should be feeling are emotions that I suspect most of them are incapable of feeling - empathy, regret, sympathy. What I hope they will actually be feeling is the Chairman's foot in their collective backsides.
elvisfmcfly Posted 23 February 2017 Posted 23 February 2017 there should be under performing pay cuts in contracts now nevermind relegation clauses.
StriderHiryu Posted 23 February 2017 Posted 23 February 2017 Sadly I feel some of them will feel relieved because there was clearly a big falling out between senior players and Claudio and he clearly lost the dressing room. Just earlier today we were posting images of some of the team not celebrating and / or commenting behind his back and I think it just goes to show that there is no smoke without fire. I hope one day it all comes out in the wash because right now I am fuming with the players. We have to get behind our team come Monday but honestly I want to give most of them a piece of my mind.
Lcfc_1995 Posted 23 February 2017 Posted 23 February 2017 Nope, they just care about how much money they're earning this season, but time for them to react now after Ranieri has gone they've got their wish.
Benji Posted 23 February 2017 Posted 23 February 2017 The problem is we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. These guys spend most of their lives together in the same way we all do with our colleagues at work. We only see the charismatic side of him as a manager for a couple of hours a week. I think the players have let him down, but you also have to think that for so many to have shrunk away, refused to expressly support him and the various other news we've been fed in recent weeks, something was not quite right day-to-day. The players might have been complete a**holes, but they might also be right.
Stadt Posted 23 February 2017 Posted 23 February 2017 It works the other way too, these players won Ranieri his first major title. They've let him down this season but tacticallly he's been poor and he obviously can't motivate them.
Tielemans63 Posted 23 February 2017 Author Posted 23 February 2017 1 hour ago, Wookie said: It works the other way too, these players won Ranieri his first major title. They've let him down these season but tacticallly he's been poor and he obviously can't motivate them. That is definitely true and I've said the same, I still think he players have been only too happy to chuck him under a bus though.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.