Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

GRAN TURISMO SPORT

18 hours ago, iamafox said:

I tried a few of those challenges as well but only bothered to finish the Tokyo timed rally lol

What cars do you have in your garage? I've got a GTR Rally Car, a TTS Coupe, a Megane and a Clio RS.

I only have a couple.  The one you start with and the one you gain after the first 8 practice challenges - some sort of Mazda.

The rally driving is really tricky - ended up watching a live stream last night and a bloke showing off his t300 I think he called it.  This kit will set you back almost £300 though.  How seriously do you want to take your driving? lol

34 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I only have a couple.  The one you start with and the one you gain after the first 8 practice challenges - some sort of Mazda.

The rally driving is really tricky - ended up watching a live stream last night and a bloke showing off his t300 I think he called it.  This kit will set you back almost £300 though.  How seriously do you want to take your driving? lol

If you're a sim racer then of course you would take driving seriously! lol

What's more ridiculous is that Thrustmaster are bringing out a more expensive wheel to coincide with the release of the full game. And it costs £700!

3 minutes ago, iamafox said:

If you're a sim racer then of course you would take driving seriously! lol

What's more ridiculous is that Thrustmaster are bringing out a more expensive wheel to coincide with the release of the full game. And it costs £700!

I like driving games but not seriously enough to warrant spending £300 on a piece of kit for a single game.  Makes PS VR look cheap!

6 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I've had real cars that cost less!

• Haha 1

I'm still on the fence with this.

On the one hand you've got Project Cars 2 that offers so, so, so much more and yet the PS4 version is buggy as hell.  On the other hand you've got this which plays ok but feels like an incomplete game due to lack of gameplay options.

I think I'll sit this one out until the end of the month, wait for the inevitable Project Cars 2 patch to land on PS4 and reconsider that once the feedback comes in from gamers on the patch.

8 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I think I'll sit this one out until the end of the month, wait for the inevitable Project Cars 2 patch to land on PS4 and reconsider that once the feedback comes in from gamers on the patch.

Patch is out now. I'm in the process of downloading it, but I'm hearing good things.

Competed in an Interlagos online race earlier and some absolute bellend T-boned me, I was in the middle of a corner and they charged straight into me at full speed. I span off-track, went onto the grass and ended up being last. Then I got an unfair penalty, showing if I didn't slow down within a set number of seconds then I'd be DQ'd.

Then I thought there was no point continuing so I quit. Didn't even finish the first lap.

18 minutes ago, iamafox said:

Competed in an Interlagos online race earlier and some absolute bellend T-boned me, I was in the middle of a corner and they charged straight into me at full speed. I span off-track, went onto the grass and ended up being last. Then I got an unfair penalty, showing if I didn't slow down within a set number of seconds then I'd be DQ'd.

Then I thought there was no point continuing so I quit. Didn't even finish the first lap.

lol

This is why I'm considering PC2.  I can't be doing with bellends 24/7 if I pick up GT Sport as that is pretty much all there is to do apart from the challenges which will get boring pretty quick imo.

I put the original Project Cars through its paces again last night.  From a driving point of view, it's better than GT Sport.  Feels more immersive.  Graphically it's nowhere near but the gameplay is spot on.

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

lol

This is why I'm considering PC2.  I can't be doing with bellends 24/7 if I pick up GT Sport as that is pretty much all there is to do apart from the challenges which will get boring pretty quick imo.

I put the original Project Cars through its paces again last night.  From a driving point of view, it's better than GT Sport.  Feels more immersive.  Graphically it's nowhere near but the gameplay is spot on.

I read that PD will add more events to the campaign mode through updates, which will add longevity to the offline aspect of the game. And I looked at the trophy list, most of them are offline but I have a feeling that the F1 trophies for matching Schumacher's 91 wins, Barrichello's 322 races and Senna's 65 pole positions are not. They'll definitely be tricky ones to obtain if that's the case.

As for PC2, I'll probably buy it once I'm bored with GT Sport lol (hopefully with bug fixes and a discounted price)

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone go for this in the end? I had it pre-ordered so it arrived last week. Having seen the reviews, etc. I wasn't particularly excited about it but I'm really getting into it. I've only done driving lessons & mission challenges so far but it's good fun. I was skeptical about the lessons too but they are really good. I've not gone into any online races just yet though.

I'd be tempted to buy a wheel for this if I didn't have much better things to spend my cash on. lol

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Amin said:

Just got this for £18.99 on amazon. There supposed to be adding a career mode in a free patch next month, so seems like a good time to get this.

I got bored of the game after a week but will play it again when the career mode comes out

Industry bigwigs: everyone wants to play against each other online nowadays. We don't need to spend money creating background, narrative or structure. Hooray!

Gran Turismo Sport and Battlefront Star Wars 2 are released.

Industry bigwigs: Ok guys, back to the drawing board.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

It's a farce.  How they get away with charging over £40 for it on release and it's not even a complete game.  And now I look online and you can get it for £25 directly from the store!

Who wishes for the days you could just switch on your PS2 and play a game without the constant updates and crap we have to put up with nowadays?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It's a farce.  How they get away with charging over £40 for it on release and it's not even a complete game.  And now I look online and you can get it for £25 directly from the store!

Who wishes for the days you could just switch on your PS2 and play a game without the constant updates and crap we have to put up with nowadays?

At least we won't have to pay for the career mode, I'd be livid otherwise!

I really do miss the days when everything was unlocked in-game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...