Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

GRAN TURISMO SPORT

39 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Just over two weeks until this is fully released. To those who played the Beta, what was the verdict?

I was disappointed. The speed of the cars felt very slow, FFB from the wheel felt weak and the graphics looked like they came from GT5/6.

Granted, it was only a beta and I'm sure the full release will be better. But don't get your hopes up.

I've heard it's mainly online - there is no single player career mode.  No career mode in a GT game is suicide.  Really puts me off buying the game tbh.

Unfortunately I was hoping for good things from Project Cars 2, but on release this has had its fair share of problems too.

Can someone release a decent racer please?

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I've heard it's mainly online - there is no single player career mode.  No career mode in a GT game is suicide.  Really puts me off buying the game tbh.

Unfortunately I was hoping for good things from Project Cars 2, but on release this has had its fair share of problems too.

Forza 7 is getting rave reviews

• Like 1

I only managed a few races on Forza 7 last night but it seems like it will be another great addition to the collection. 

I cant recommend F1 2017 enough though, I’ve ploughed hours and hours into it since release and I’m still hooked. 

I also have PC2 but haven’t played so much of that, it just doesn’t feel like a game that you can enjoy without a wheel & pedals. I know that you can hone the setup and sensitivities in some detail but it still seems so twitchy on the pad. I’ll probably end up selling to be honest. 

Polyphony & Sony Interactive could have made a right balls up by dropping a proper career mode on GT Sport. Seems they decided to venture into a different area of gaming to create their own market, but all they’ve really done is separate themselves from what the majority of their fans actually wanted. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stix said:

I also have PC2 but haven’t played so much of that, it just doesn’t feel like a game that you can enjoy without a wheel & pedals. I know that you can hone the setup and sensitivities in some detail but it still seems so twitchy on the pad. I’ll probably end up selling to be honest. 

I have PC2 on my PS4 and I'm really enjoying it. I use the controller, but have it tweaked for a really good feel. 

It does has some issues, which I feel will be fixed in a patch. 

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I have PC2 on my PS4 and I'm really enjoying it. I use the controller, but have it tweaked for a really good feel. 

It does has some issues, which I feel will be fixed in a patch. 

It may be because I’ve played F1 that much that I didn’t give myself enough time to adjust to PC2. Might give it a good go before I decide to bin it off. 

On 10/2/2017 at 19:02, Legend_in_blue said:

Quick, Forza 7 is on the Xbox and blatantly much better than anything the PlayStation has to offer, lets all pretend it doesn't exist lollol 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I had Forza on the 360 but this came at a time when GT was still decent on PS3.  I thought back then "what's the point?"  It wasn't as good.

Looks as though Sony have dropped the ball now though.

I'm not going out to spend £300 on a console just for Forza.  I did back then because the 360 was the better all round package and Sony were floundering.  One title cannot justify it this time round though.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

58 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I had Forza on the 360 but this came at a time when GT was still decent on PS3.  I thought back then "what's the point?"  It wasn't as good.

Looks as though Sony have dropped the ball now though.

I'm not going out to spend £300 on a console just for Forza.  I did back then because the 360 was the better all round package and Sony were floundering.  One title cannot justify it this time round though.

Don't get me wrong I don't like the Xbox One. I loved the 360, got an Xb1 on launch and immediately hated the thing. It's still far behind the PS4 for me due to the gigantic software gap and horrible clunky UI.

However, if you love racing games, I don't see how you could not have Forza Horizon 3 in your life.

5 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Don't get me wrong I don't like the Xbox One. I loved the 360, got an Xb1 on launch and immediately hated the thing. It's still far behind the PS4 for me due to the gigantic software gap and horrible clunky UI.

However, if you love racing games, I don't see how you could not have Forza Horizon 3 in your life.

I couldn't really get into Forza Horizon 3 for some reason, FH2 on the other hand... outstanding. By far the most fun I've ever had on a racing game and completely justified me choosing the XBox 1 over the PS4

21 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I couldn't really get into Forza Horizon 3 for some reason, FH2 on the other hand... outstanding. By far the most fun I've ever had on a racing game and completely justified me choosing the XBox 1 over the PS4

Pretty bizzare, horizon 3 is suppose to be ground breakingly good, hoping to get round to it soon. Agree 2 is an excellent game.

GT hasn't touched forza for about 10 years but who knows prolly a bit harsh to right off the game before it's released. 

58 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Pretty bizzare, horizon 3 is suppose to be ground breakingly good, hoping to get round to it soon. Agree 2 is an excellent game.

GT hasn't touched forza for about 10 years but who knows prolly a bit harsh to right off the game before it's released. 

Yeah I read the reviews and got FH3, it plays just as well as FH2 and the climate is more varied but in the time I played it I found there seemed to be far more obstacles than in FH2 so the point-to-point races involve a lot more trial and error. The soundtrack is far less to my liking too. Still a very good game but I just preferred 2 overall, one of those games you just can't put down until you've done absolutely everything the game has to offer

I loved the pre-PS3 Gran Turismo games, and I enjoyed the Forza games on the 360 (never had a PS3). I'm back on PS4 for this gen, was looking forward to GT, mainly for the tracklist, as the GT games always had a better list of tracks than Forza. Just googled the tracks, and it looks like a very scant list. No Monaco, Fuji Speedway, Silverstone, or much of anything beyond the ever present Nurburgring.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/here-are-the-full-track-and-car-lists-for-gran-turismo-sport/

• Alsace – Village
  • Alsace – Village II
  • Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP
  • Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP II
  • Autódromo De Interlagos
  • Blue Moon Bay Speedway
  • Blue Moon Bay Speedway II
  • Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
  • Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
  • Broad Bean Raceway
  • Broad Bean Raceway II
  • Colorado Springs – Lake
  • Colorado Springs – Lake II
  • Dragon Trail – Seaside
  • Dragon Trail – Seaside II
  • Fishermans Ranch
  • Fishermans Ranch II
  • KYOTO DRIVING PARK – MIYABI
  • KYOTO DRIVING PARK – YAMAGIWA
  • KYOTO DRIVING PARK – YAMAGIWA II
  • Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
  • Northern Isle Speedway
  • Northern Isle Speedway – Infield
  • Nürburgring 24h
  • Nürburgring GP
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife Tourist Layout
  • Sardegna – Windmills
  • Sardegna – Windmills II
  • Suzuka Circuit
  • Suzuka Circuit East Course
  • Tokyo Expressway – Central Inner Loop
  • Tokyo Expressway – Central Outer Loop
  • Tokyo Expressway – East Inner Loop
  • Tokyo Expressway – East Outer Loop
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile II
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs II

I miss Laguna Seca.

I have downloaded the beta and am waiting for these servers to go online and give it a go.  It certainly looks like the best racer I've ever seen - the attention to detail is there as it always has been.

However, we've moved on, and the ever present sunny conditions, lack of visible damage, lack of a career mode etc. amongst others, could see this one fall flat.  I don't really want to spend £40 taking nice pictures of cars or speeding round tracks online while douchebags look to take you off the circuit.  That part of Project Cars ****ed me off.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Judging by this demo version of the game, the in game graphics are superior to Project Cars.  How does PC2 stack up against PC though on this front?  I haven't played a racer since the original.

Gameplay wise it seems ok to me.  Handles well enough.

A better beta than the recent Battlefront 2 for sure - am thinking of still keeping this on my shopping list, I'll just wait for reviews to drop to confirm.

1 hour ago, iamafox said:

Just played the demo and I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Wasn't expecting a massive improvement from the beta but the game feels so much better to play now.

Won't be cancelling my pre-order then! lol

I tried a load of the challenges which were fun and thought I'd go with an online race.  Only the servers are now down again so can't do anything!

Tried a few of those stage 6 challenges.  Tricky.  There's a 30 lap endurance thrown in.  Tried the Interlagos 6 lap race with fuel stop and struggled.  Needs practice.

20 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I tried a load of the challenges which were fun and thought I'd go with an online race.  Only the servers are now down again so can't do anything!

Tried a few of those stage 6 challenges.  Tricky.  There's a 30 lap endurance thrown in.  Tried the Interlagos 6 lap race with fuel stop and struggled.  Needs practice.

I tried a few of those challenges as well but only bothered to finish the Tokyo timed rally lol

What cars do you have in your garage? I've got a GTR Rally Car, a TTS Coupe, a Megane and a Clio RS.