Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 1-1 Athletico Madrid - Results & Man of the Match

Tuesday 18 April 2017, 19:45
UEFA Champions League - Quarter Finals - 2nd Leg
King Power Stadium, Leicester

Leicester City 1

Vardy 61

Atletico Madrid 1

Ñíguez 26

Total Votes: 154

FoxesTalk Man of the Match: Ben Chilwell

1. (SUB) Ben Chilwell : 8.15
  2. Jamie Vardy : 8.10
  3. Danny Simpson : 7.86
  4. (SUB) Leonardo Ulloa : 7.64
  5. Wes Morgan : 7.59
  6. Marc Albrighton : 7.54
  7. Christian Fuchs : 7.42
  8. Yohan Benalouane : 7.32
  9. Kasper Schmeichel : 7.28
  10. Wilfred Ndidi : 7.10
  11. Riyad Mahrez : 7.01
  12. (SUB) Daniel Amartey : 6.90
  13. Danny Drinkwater : 6.46
  14. Shinji Okazaki : 6.43

Team Performance: 7.34 (6/47)

Manager Performance: 8.19 (6/47)

Opposition Performance: 7.95 (2/47)

Officials Performance (Ref: Gianluca Rocchi): 6.81 (9/47)

Overall Manager Confidence: 98.72% (+5.69%)

25 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Riyad at #11 just shows how under appreciated he is.

He'll be off in the summer and we'll probably not sign anybody close to his ability for years and years.

He had a very good second half behind the two strikers but frankly his first was poor. I personally think that he will underperform as a winger as long as no other attack minded CM will give him support.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

He'll be off in the summer and we'll probably not sign anybody close to his ability for years and years.

It's all about expectations, he preformed so good last season that it was almost impossible to replicate that level.

I consider him an elite winger in this league, but compared to his peers, he has the least to work with

Asked to defend more than the other wingers while getting the least amount of support from the fullback. And being the only outlet of creativity in this team allows the opposition to double him.

Just to put mahrez's end-product in prospective, 

Hazard's end-product in the last 2 seasons in the PL:

18 goals and 8 assists

mahrez'z end-product in the last 2 seasons in the PL:

22 goals and 14 assists

There are only 4 active POTY winners in this league, we have one!

Some here underestimate how good mahrez is. He can't carry the team on his back. Messi, The best player in history (IMO) can't win every game by himself.

I think the club will regret not putting the right pieces around riyad. He is not just an asset on the court, but also off the court. A big name can help us attract other big names, if the owners want to go far with the club, they need to keep him and use him as a bargaining chip to sign other quality players.

Chilwell over Vardy?  Sure, if he had bagged one of those close calls, and put another couple crosses straight onto noggins. 

I can't wait to see more of him starting, but methinks we have a new golden boy here.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I think some on this forum would probably rejoice in us bringing in a George Boyd type instead 

4 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

He had a very good second half behind the two strikers but frankly his first was poor. I personally think that he will underperform as a winger as long as no other attack minded CM will give him support.

You can't do much while isolated on the wing (as in first half) against Atletico defense. Ask Bale. Same goes for Albrighton. In the second half, he launched the attack that ended with the goal and gave Vardy the ball for the second goal. Moreover, he was getting forward and distributing balls left and right.

I give you a little insight why these ratings are a joke: Matty James was subbed in during the last five minutes of the game against Manchester City. He literally didn't touch a single ball. It's not his fault as he didn't have time to get involved. Still, he has been given a 7+ mark here, way above many others. Nuff said.

Archived